It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HELP PLEASE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's been almost 21 hours since i have taking anything and starting
to feel some W/D but don't know if i should take the Soboxone yet or not ??
I was on Roxiecotin 30mg at 200mg a day for about 3 months now.
Can i start Soboxone ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
Hendrix - First of all, I am not a doctor and you need one. If you've obtained your Suboxone illegally, well, you shouldn't do that - it could bite us all in the butt by making the regulations tighter for all of us.
I'm hoping you do have a doctor and a legitimate script for Suboxone and that it's New Years Day and you maybe you don't want to bother your doctor or something.
Whatever....Most of the time, with short acting opiates like oxycodone or hydrocodone, you can take your first dose of Suboxone at about the 24 hour mark and be just fine. You need to be having some mild-moderate withdrawal symptoms (runny nose, sweating, leg aches, etc). You can google "COWS scale" and better see where you're at withdrawal-wise because everyone's a little different. With long-acting opiates such as Fentanyl patches, Methadone, Oxycontin and others - that's a whole different ballgame and you MUST check with your doctor to determine when to take your first dose of Suboxone. If you don't, you could end up in a world of hurt with precipitated withdrawals!
Normally, the doctor will have you start with 2mg of Suboxone (1/4 of an 8mg pill). Dissolve that under the tongue, wait about an hour and see how you feel. Usually, if you still have withdrawal symptoms, the doc will have you take another 2mg under the tongue. After that, more than likely, you'll be feeling sooo much better. After induction onto Suboxone, doctors vary as to how much and how often they want you dosing.
There are lots of discussions on this forum about induction, dosing regimens, side effects, etc. So read through all of that information that you can. If you haven't already, post some more of your history so we can get to know you better. Let us know how your induction goes.
Again, I hope you are under the care of a doctor...it's important for so many reasons. Mostly it's important for YOU. You need to have everything in place to be successful getting off opiates. It's a beast! I'm sure you know that. Suboxone will help you, but you will have a lot of work to do as well!!
Hope that helps some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

setmefree wrote:
Hendrix - First of all, I am not a doctor and you need one. If you've obtained your Suboxone illegally, well, you shouldn't do that - it could bite us all in the butt by making the regulations tighter for all of us.
I'm hoping you do have a doctor and a legitimate script for Suboxone and that it's New Years Day and you maybe you don't want to bother your doctor or something.
Whatever....Most of the time, with short acting opiates like oxycodone or hydrocodone, you can take your first dose of Suboxone at about the 24 hour mark and be just fine. You need to be having some mild-moderate withdrawal symptoms (runny nose, sweating, leg aches, etc). You can google "COWS scale" and better see where you're at withdrawal-wise because everyone's a little different. With long-acting opiates such as Fentanyl patches, Methadone, Oxycontin and others - that's a whole different ballgame and you MUST check with your doctor to determine when to take your first dose of Suboxone. If you don't, you could end up in a world of hurt with precipitated withdrawals!
Normally, the doctor will have you start with 2mg of Suboxone (1/4 of an 8mg pill). Dissolve that under the tongue, wait about an hour and see how you feel. Usually, if you still have withdrawal symptoms, the doc will have you take another 2mg under the tongue. After that, more than likely, you'll be feeling sooo much better. After induction onto Suboxone, doctors vary as to how much and how often they want you dosing.
There are lots of discussions on this forum about induction, dosing regimens, side effects, etc. So read through all of that information that you can. If you haven't already, post some more of your history so we can get to know you better. Let us know how your induction goes.
Again, I hope you are under the care of a doctor...it's important for so many reasons. Mostly it's important for YOU. You need to have everything in place to be successful getting off opiates. It's a beast! I'm sure you know that. Suboxone will help you, but you will have a lot of work to do as well!!
Hope that helps some.

Thanks for your reply Setmefree, yes i got them thru the doctor and held on to the script for a while
because i wanted to bring my dosage down from 900mg a day of roxiecotin down to 200mg a day. Well i went out of town
for the holidays and took with me 50 Loracets at 10mg each and again took my intake down to 90mg a day
and that made me feel safer to start soboxone, so i went from 900mg a day down to 90mg a day for a week
So i waited as long as i thought i could before taking the soboxone (22 hours), ok took one 8mg sobox. and after 30 mins.
still having W/D's so took another half 4mg and 30 mins later i feel good, i was scared it wasen't going to work for me
and was on the phone to get narcodits if W/D got bad but thank god it's working for me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's amazing at the relief you feel, you are on your way to a new life and I congratulate you! I would love to hear more on your transition. I personally get a lot from a "newcomer" it reminds me of where I was a short time ago. And Reminds me to never go back out, this life (on suboxone) is so much more rewarding. Take care and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:04 am 
It really rocks that you are ready to do something about your addiction. If you're ready, Suboxone can really work for you. It has done wonders for me. Like everything else, Sub isn't perfect, but it'll take most of the cravings away and it'll make you comfortable.
I used pills for over 10 years, went to jail 6 times, OD'd many times, had a serious heart attack, finally tried Suboxone 4 months ago. Since the first day I took Subs I have never used pills again, and I never even think about getting high anymore. That is a miracle. So, if a person is ready, this stuff can work wonders. Good luck and God be with you!
JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree. Suboxone has allowed me to actively pursue a true recovery. I have been on it for over 6 months and the only thing I regret to this day is.........NOT STARTING SUBOXONE TREATMENT SOONER!! I have been using drugs/alcohol for 12 years and opiates for over 10. If I would have started sub sooner, I could have saved many things that I lost, or walked out on me because of my using full opiate agonists.

The main thing I would like to say to everyone who is in active addiction is: look into suboxone, if its for you...give it a shot, it saves and changes lives!

Its sounds like you know you want to get help, its just the fact of stopping the 'roxy's' and starting the subs. Well, you said you were about 21 hours without roxy's at the time you made this topic. What is going on now? If you waited 48 hours, taking the sub should not precipitate w/d. By now you must be in some sort of moderate or worse w/d.... If you want, let us know how you made out. Good luck!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for all the replys , that day i was so scared the soboxone was not going to work for me
and i was going thru W/D's and thought if i take the soboxone to early it would put me into a
worse W/D than i was feeling. Well did 16mg and after 45 mins or so felt fine and it was 2 pm Friday.
The funny thing is i was ok untill 6 pm Saturday and took 16mg again, well it's almost 4 pm Sunday
and feel fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Excellent!! Good luck with your recovery.........any questions, comments, or concerns just give me or anyone else a shout. Take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BigRed wrote:
Excellent!! Good luck with your recovery.........any questions, comments, or concerns just give me or anyone else a shout. Take care

Thanks BigRed this evening only had to take 14mg and every
2-3 days will try to drop it down 2mg. Good luck to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good job!! Great, good luck with it all!! Take Care