It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help, please!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Everyone,
Although I love suboxone, I feel now that 4mg is a little too high of a doseage, as I'm having lots of twitching and stuff. I want to go back down to 3mg. I have been on sub since 1/5/15, and been on 4mg a day for about a month now. Can I just go down to 3mg tomorrow from 4mg, or will I have bad side effects from doing that? If I would, how do I get down to 3mg? Thanks!!!
Maya

Post subject: Re: Help, please!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is no need to taper if you are only dropping by 1mg, especially if you feel like the 4mg is too much. More than likely you aren't going to notice any difference at all in the way you feel. Just go ahead and take 3mg tomorrow and be sure you stay there for at least a week before you make any judgment calls on how you feel with the new dose.

The twitching you describe is a pretty common symptom. Dropping from 4mg to 3mg might help, but it might not. You are still fairly new to bupe treatment and this is one of those mildly annoying side effects that will go away in a month or two no matter what dose you are on. Do what feels right, but be sure you keep in mind that no matter what dose you wind up on your body will adjust eventually and all of these side effects will go away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What about the waking up feeling super sore and moving really slow the first hour or so I'm up in the am? Will this go away also? I feel normal besides these effects, but think maybe 3 will be a good dose to hold for a long time at. If it isn't enough I can go right back up to 4mg so it's not a big deal I guess.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure about that one. The sore muscles in the morning isn't a side effect everyone gets, but those that do get it seem to have it the whole time they are on bupe.

It's still debatable whether this is a side effect from suboxone. It isn't listed in any of the literature, but I have seen it mentioned several times by different people. That may be one you just have to learn to live with. Try some light stretching when you first get up in the morning and see if it improves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, I would rather be super sore than be craving or using, so I will deal with that even if it never goes away. It's a weird side effect though. But, like I said, worth putting up with instead of the other things!