It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Justagirl
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

The baby was born on Tuesday and she was able to stay in the room with me and did all day Tuesday and Wed., but it was Wed night that they started score because they noticed some changes in her. She had a high pitch scream, she has some termers, her sucking, she wasn't eating right (bottle), they took her to the nursery on Wed. They hooked her to a heart moniter and blood pressure thing. They did this all day Thursday and then they allowed her to come into the room Thursday night and I keep her in the room Firday. She is doing better but has loose stools, and hasn't gained any weight yet. Her weight at birth was 7.8 like I said and she is down 6.10. Please pray for her because she was terrible day yesterday, she had scorces of 11 12 15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Were those two weights accurate? If she weighed 7.8 pounds at birth and is at 6.1 now, that's over 20% - not 10%. It sounds like for whatever reason, you have a somewhat sick newborn here. It's really hard for anyone to know what's really going on - especially when we are not there. But from everything you are reporting, it sounds like the doctors have at least some grounds for concern - just based purely on the child's condition as you report it to be. Add in the fact that it doesn't sound like you're going to have a lot of help and support when you get home, you may just want to try to make the best of the situation and let her get a bit more stable before taking her home. Again, it's really next to impossible for us to know but it at least seems plausible that they really are only doing what's best for the baby at this point - as hard as that may be for you. The more stable she is when they release her, the better off she is going to be in the long run. Just keep trying to hang in there.

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i am in the room as i type. today she has been fussy off and on. Yesterday she was super fine. They haven't even came in here to score her today??? So how are they going to let her go if they aren't scoring her when they should. Yesterday she was perfect. She is not eating like a little bottle and another half of a bottle, you know the little ones they give you. She is still craping a lot and little bits at a time. I think it is the milk. I am going to get on WIC on thursday and then the sub dr said he would check that one I want her on off. It worked with my son. They increase the calories in the milk so she can gain some weight. She likes is quite and dark and that is not how my house is. I think she can go home, she is actuall 6lbs and 10oz and was 7lbs and 8oz. So you guys think there is something wrong. I was taking threee class C meds so i am sure she is withdraweling from one or some of them. My son was the same way. It is hard to believe it is the subutex because I was only on it maybe three strate weeks. I just want her home so I can rocker her there. I have to buy a dryer this evening so I got a few things I need to do before she comes home.

The daddy is still out there. He came in today and just stood around. I would ask a question and get a one word answer back. I asked if he could watch her so I can go into work for a few hours tomorrow. I thought he could come take care of her here at the hosptial, but he is like i am not watching no kids. He said she was ugly, and that she didn't look like him. He is very selifish and I am not giving him any of my pity anymore. He called me a mother fucker yesterday and I told him not to do that in my house and to leave and he said call the cops mother fucker. He was drinking and he needs to go before Rachel comes home so I have to think fast on how to get him out.

I am now up to an 8mg pill and need more. The sub said go to two, I wanted to do three but the dr knows best. I feel different his time on it. Is it because I just had the baby and my body is taking it ans using it different. I also have so much anxiety now to, I wake up not wanting to be me and that there is to much going on. I guess i am about to dose again. I am dosing four times today and then I will dose one every morning after today

I want my baby home fuck. I think she can gain weight there, what is the difference. The stupid boyfriend walked out on me again . He is like I am getting the fuck out of here. He won't even hold the baby. He can't stand her crying, maybe she will drive his ass away. He is moving he son's stuff downstairs so i am so happy about that because it is easier for him to move if all his stuff is in a room next to a door lol.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry about all of this. I really am. ISn't there anything they can put your baby on so the withdrawals (if that is the prob) aren't so bad? Or don't you want that? (Im sorry, there are a couple different baby threads and I get confused, sorry) I think your boy friend may need to go. Esp if he is treating your daughter like that. I am so sorry, that is awful. You will prob be better off without him in your lives. You are doing the right thing by staying on your sub and being the best person you can be. A lot of people under this stress would have gone right back to the pills. I commend you for not doing that. Stay strong, and keep posting here. I find this forum helps me so much esp. when things in my life aren't going right. Please keep us posted. Your baby is in my thoughts and prayers.

Post subject: hang in there!
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all,congrats on your new baby! I've been trying to follow this a little bit,so forgive me if I'm unclear on anything. I did have a few questions for you. How old are you? How many other kids do you have & how old are they? Are your parents supportive at all and are they close by to help you? I have 4 children myself so I can understand what you're going thru now. From what you have said about your boyfriend,I think getting rid of him is the best and only way to go! Hopefully,it won't hurt you financially if he isn't with you,but please don't stay with him just for the sake of having a boyfriend! Yes,it will be hard being a single parent,but it kinda sounds like you're already doing it on your own so I would get rid of any extra stress & problems! I know I wouldn't want a father that says the things he says about a helpless,defenseless newborn to be around me or ANY of my kids,whether he's the biological dad or not! Right now you just need to focus on recovering from the birth of your daughter & taking care of her! I really hope you have someone who can help you with your other kid(s) so you can give your full attention to the newborn. I also hope she is doing better! Someone mentioned before that when you are calm,so will your baby be. She can feel all that negative,stressfull energy around you,so try to be as calm as you can & try not to panic! Those nurses should be able to help you with ways to hold her and to calm her down,too. Have you tried to swaddle her? Ask the nurse if you don't know what that is. Keep us posted please,if you can,but also remember to take time for yourself to rest! Good luck honey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kris,

Your boyfriend sounds like a [edit], sorry to be vulgar but I can't believe he is acting that way. He sounds like he is acting like a child. Is there anyway you could tell him to leave? You dont need the added stress right now of him putting you down, and it doesn't sound like he is being supportive at all. I'm sorry he is treating you that way.

I don't know if its the suboxone or the seroquil you were on that is making Rachel withdrawal. I know infants do loose some of their originl body weight and this is normal, but I'm not a doctor and am not sure how much is normal and how much isn't.

Do you have anyone that can come help you, like parents or someone? You need a support system as you are going through alot all at once and your boyfriend is not helping at all.

I hope Rachel gains some weight so you can take her home asap. Thank you for answering my questions earlier. I'm glad they let her stay with you in the room and didn't take her immediately after birth. I think babies need to be with their mothers most of all.

Stay strong hun I hope things start getting better for you.

I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

JJL Due 8.14.10 <3

Post subject: everyone
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Update: This is how she was today

Weight 6 10oz
birth weight 7 8oz

She is very fussy today
She has sleep for no more then 20min at a time
She has loose stools and it is to the point where she has a bad rash that is bleeding - i am made as hell at this
She is eating very well - no spitting up
She is sneezing, no more then any newborn
She still hasn't gained weight
She has very tense musles - which newborn don't
She still likes the dark and no noise

The dr changed her formula to a higher cal one so she can gained weight. He said if she does good the next couple of days she can come home, but I want her home. I also know that this may be the best place for her. I think she i withdraweling from the subutex and the seroquel I was taking. My son did the same thing as her and he had acid reflux. So i am going to get him a specil forum and prevcid. My sub dr is going to look at her. He doesn't think it is withdrawel at all and I am not sure either. She was suffering yesterday, the nurses rocked her for like six hours straight and I was upset that they didn't give her anything but that may make things worse. I just want her home and the ass boyfirend out. He said she was ugly, I think I said that. What a jerk and I am not working and he has a couple of thousand in his pocket and I got to pay the dr bills and the extra stuff for the baby. I have to leave the hospital now this sucks so bad. I WANT HER HOME All babies lose weight, so why isn't he letting him go. do you think they don't want me to have him, but they are holding a room for me to come in if I want to, I can sleep her and they don't charge. So what do you guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kris,

I think they are just watching out for the baby. It doesn't sound like anyone is being rude or mean to you. I think there is just a concern with her behavior and the lack of weight gain. Maybe they ran into your asswipe boyfriend and don't want her there with him :-) Or YOU for that matter. Good lord. Hang in there. You will get to take her home. They just want to see her stabilize. My sister didn't do any drugs while pregnant and her baby screamed bloody murder for like the first year. I swear it. I went to see her the first week that kid was born and NOTHING made him happy. Walk him, bounce him, swaddle him, feed him, change him...NOTHING. I cried it was so bad and he wasn't even my problem to deal with. I cried for my sister. To this day that kid is a whiny cranky mess (although I love him to death). Point being.......some kids just are like this. Oh......they later found out my nephew had acid reflux and SEVERE ear infections. You just never know with those little alien things (not a baby person).

Take care! It will work out.
Cherie

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

The baby came home on Thursday. She is gained 3 oz on Tues and then another 2oz on wed. They stopped scoring her thurs. day night. Of course the a social worker from the outside was called to come and talk with both me and Ray, but they seemed to be more concerned with him. She wanted to come out to the house. I said fine, she was very nice. So she came over and said that Rachel tested postive on her pee test for opitants(sp), which is impossible because I haven't taken pain pills since I was 30 weeks unless they tested for subutex. Then they took and are testing her stool. She said even though I was upfront with what I was taking, they are still called anyway. So she asked me for proof of the meds I was on. I showed her my bottle from the sub dr and the ok slip where the OB cleared the subutex to take. I didn't have the med bottles on the percocts from the other two dr. I gave her their numbers and she will call and ask them. I have a back dr and the OB who will clear that they gave me the meds and if they don't I will go to the store when I got them at.
So when I was upstairs Ray said something nasty to the social service woman. I aksed her what he said and she said he said he didn't need her to tell him how to rasie his own kid, but she was only there to help. She wanted to know if I needed insurance help, which is pending for my kids medicade - i am getting it :). I also was albe to get WIC, which helps with formula.

the socail service lady gave me some papers that I can fill out and get some daycare costs cover for me. She said that she was more concerned about Ray and I asked her if she looked up his record and she said yes. I told her I know it is pretty baby. She said yes it was. She said social service can help get him out and she said she was not there to take my kids away. Can i really trust her??? It seems sometimes these people lie to get what they want to get your kids. He is not on the note on the house, it is mine, he signed no lease, so he really has no rights at all there. If anything he has messed thins up. I want him out for the baby sake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think if she is offering you help in getting him out that you should take it. I think you would be so much better off without him. He is so AWFUL to you and you do not NEED nor DESERVE that. You have enough on your plate and I think he is bad news. YES.....I think you can trust her to help you get rid of him and make sure you have the support you need to do it. I know ending any relationship is really tough and that he is the father but your baby doesn't need his attitude towards her either. She will grow up watching how he treats you and she will think it is okay and she will find a man who does just the same. I hate even thinking of how he treats you AND her. He is a miserable person for you both. Please let her help you. You are strong enough to do it. I am glad you finally got to bring her home. How is she doing?

Cherie

Post subject: Get Him OUT.....
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

kris,
I am NOT a Health Care Professional or Social worker But, If you ask me you should do everything in your power to remove that #$@*hole from You & your Baby's Life... He sounds like an abuser of the worst kind.... I don't need to know much more about him other then he said "The Baby is UGLY"...... What person in their right mind calls a newborn Ugly????? NO ONE that's who!!!!!! IMHO you should remove him from your house, your life and never look back..... Good Luck with your BEAUTIFUL Baby and try to keep us posted so we know how your doing.... Take Care of yourself and that baby you both deserve the Best...

God Bless
TW

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I got to take the baby home this past wed. She had gain 5oz over two days so the dr let her go. I still think she did go through some withdrawel, but not to the point they had to keep her nine days, but I guess I understand they needed to see two days of good weight gain. I took her Firday to the dr and she is now 7.2 so that is great. The one thing I don't get is that the social worker that came to the house, yes they had to visit because she said it is standard. She told me the baby tested postive for opiants(sp). BUt get this I was negtive??? So how does that work. I didn't take percocets for a good 40 days so what does that mean. I was very judged. They did the poo test and the results haven't come back. The socal service lady was more concerned about my boyfriend then me because of his record. baby is crying write back later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[edited for content]

Cherie[/quote]

Cherie,
Maybe my post came out the wrong way and way harsher than I meant it (damn pregnancy hormones) but what I was trying to say is that calling baby's aliens on a pregnancy forum can be offensive to alot of pregnant woman. I understand you aren't a baby person but its very different for someone who has no children to empathize with or understand people who do. I was trying to say that alot of people dont understand what you should and shouldnt say to a pregnant woman because you've never been there yourself, its not just you its everyone who hasn't had a child.

Anyways I'm sorry that I came across so harsh that you felt the need to tell me to bite you and go to hell. This is a support forum and I am not trying to start any arguments, just trying to be supportive and promote others to do the same.

Kris I am very happy you got to take the baby home and hope everything is going well for you!

I hope he understands
And hold it by the hand
With arms wide open...

JJL Due 8.14.10 <3

Post subject: Re: UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

kris1234 wrote:
The baby came home on Thursday. She is gained 3 oz on Tues and then another 2oz on wed. They stopped scoring her thurs. day night. Of course the a social worker from the outside was called to come and talk with both me and Ray, but they seemed to be more concerned with him. She wanted to come out to the house. I said fine, she was very nice. So she came over and said that Rachel tested postive on her pee test for opitants(sp), which is impossible because I haven't taken pain pills since I was 30 weeks unless they tested for subutex. Then they took and are testing her stool. She said even though I was upfront with what I was taking, they are still called anyway. So she asked me for proof of the meds I was on. I showed her my bottle from the sub dr and the ok slip where the OB cleared the subutex to take. I didn't have the med bottles on the percocts from the other two dr. I gave her their numbers and she will call and ask them. I have a back dr and the OB who will clear that they gave me the meds and if they don't I will go to the store when I got them at.
So when I was upstairs Ray said something nasty to the social service woman. I aksed her what he said and she said he said he didn't need her to tell him how to rasie his own kid, but she was only there to help. She wanted to know if I needed insurance help, which is pending for my kids medicade - i am getting it :). I also was albe to get WIC, which helps with formula.

the socail service lady gave me some papers that I can fill out and get some daycare costs cover for me. She said that she was more concerned about Ray and I asked her if she looked up his record and she said yes. I told her I know it is pretty baby. She said yes it was. She said social service can help get him out and she said she was not there to take my kids away. Can i really trust her??? It seems sometimes these people lie to get what they want to get your kids. He is not on the note on the house, it is mine, he signed no lease, so he really has no rights at all there. If anything he has messed thins up. I want him out for the baby sake

The only experience I have with CPS was a negative one. This was when they were investigating my family when I was a child. In my experience you should not trust them. I would tell them as little as possible. You can get more information and other stories at www.fightcps.com as to how to get rid of them asap. I am not saying CPS is always bad, but they can be and have taken away children from their homes in many cases without justification. That being said I do agree with Cherie that you need to get your boyfriend out of the house asap. It sounds like he is complicating things with CPS and they will take the children if they think HE is a danger, even if you live in the house also. So your main goal should be getting him out! If you have to work with CPS to do it thats better than them working against you. The quickest way to get rid of them is to give them nothing they could use against you and do everything they say, be extremely cooperative with them. Good luck and I hope they close the case soon.

I hope he understands
And hold it by the hand
With arms wide open...

JJL Due 8.14.10 <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

removed for content

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Melissa. My family and my friends with kids joke that way and we laugh about it. It is regardless of whether someone has kids or not. I don't feel the need to justify myself at all. I also don't feel bad about my response. With that being said, I also don't hold grudges. But I am not interested in arguing about it any further either. If you feel the need you can PM me but this thread is not the place.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Craziest thing ever! I was watching a new show on MTV last night. Several pregnant women moved into a house together because their boyfriends are immature (reality show obviously). While all the women were sitting around the table talking and complaining about their boyfriends, one PREGNANT woman piped up asking "[what do they expect....we have little aliens growing inside us]". The rest of them LAUGHED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LMAO - That's great...just goes to show ya.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That was subtle. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i am reading through this and crying. I just had my baby on june 14th 2010. today is june 28th and my baby is still in the hospital for NAS. i was taking 2mg twice a day of subutex through my pregnancy. before that i was on the same dose of suboxone. i was lucky to find an OB who specializes in opiate use during pregnancy and he switched me to the subutex. he and i were both very hopeful that my baby boy would not suffer withdrawels because i was on such a low dose. that wasnt the case though. i had him on monday night 7pm and by tuesday afternoon the neonatologist came into my room and told me he was scoring bad all night and he believed he was withdrawing. I was devastated. i knew it may happen but i really didnt expect it. i had heard so many stories of women on subutex and their baby was fine. even women on methadone and their babies were fine too. i seriously believe it all depends on the hospital, the nurses and Drs. my baby was spitting up, some oose stools and arms were tense. no tremors or shaking and no other symptoms. he is a very happy baby. only lost a few ounces which is normal for any baby. was hard for me to believe that he was really sick and i begged for them to wait another 24 hrs to see how his symptoms are looking. they agreed but unfortunately a few hrs later the dr came back and said that his symptoms seem worse. thn a social worker shows up in my room and tells me i need to accept the fact that my baby is suffering. the longer i ask them to wait to start him on meds (which happens to be morphine in the state of Ma) the longer he is suffering. i had no choice at that point. i was terrified by the social worker. i thought if i fought it she would push after me and make my life hell so i agreed. now my baby is 2 wks old and still in the hospital weaning off of the morphine that they are giving him for the withdrawels. originally they said it would only take around 10 days but now its been 14 and thye are predicting another week or two!!!! it sucks sooo bad!! i want my baby so bad. i am so mch more angry than sad at this situation because i still feel like they jumped too soon to start him on meds. i cant take it anymore. on another note, congrats Kris for having your baby home and to anyone else going through this that has their baby home. i cnt wait for my day too :(