It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello-

I recently quite a nasty, 3 + year ride on Norco 10/325's. Probably the last 18 months I was addicted/abusing. I quit on Saturday July 2, and went to a Doctor and got on Suboxone on Tuesday July 2. After the induction, I was put on 8mg a day.

My problem is, I have taken 16-24 mg almost every day past induction. I have had some stress, and since they were there, I took another and it got ride of cravings and that stressed out feeling. Of course now, I am about out of my 30 strips. I talked to my Care Coach today, and made an appointment w my Dr for tomorrow. I will "come clean" and tell him all thats going on, but I am scared he'll just drop me. I am not on any other drugs or alcohol, and tested clean alrready once.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tuesday July 5, that is.... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Tell the Dr. 8mg was not enough to keep w/ds at bay.... my Dr wanted to see me once a week for at least a month, just for this reason, if you love yourself , you'll want to NOT take anymore Suboxone than you need. This shit is soooo hard to get off of.... Better to take more Suboxone than opiates, be honest with the Dr, practice being honest, you'll will live a much happier life when your all alone !!!!! Good luck, Mike

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, Mike!
That is what I intend to do. My appointment is at 10:30am. I am hoping I can make it, as my daughter may be having an appendicitis attack... And this is exactly why I got "clean" in the first place - to be more than just a shadow of a dad at life's events!
I will get through this, and remain clean.
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! Please don't kick yourself too badly over this. Many, MANY people have done exactly what you have. I agree that telling your doctor everything is the way to go. I'm sure he/she's heard it before. Just be honest and explain that your cravings were not held at bay and that you feared relapse so you took more sub. Did you find a dose that you think will work for you? Like 16 mg? If you know what you'll need that will prevent this from happening again.

Good luck at your appointment and let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Hatmaker!

I did exactly that. Went in and explained what happened. He listened, and we discussed the fact that 8mg a day was not working, and we agreed to go for 16 on the new prescription.

I am going through some really tough times right now (daughter w heart problems, IRS Audit, etc) but am committed to staying clean. Painter mentioned to me that there may be a 2-3 week "cloud", and that is exactly what I feel I am on. I feel that I have made the right choice, am coming out of the fog, etc, and even though I am in some sh*&, I know I can get through it clean.

Great forum!

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats on your recovery. I too had been experiencing w/d symptoms after induction and at first told myself, "give it a few days", but after it didn't get better I called my Dr and he saw me early- before my next appointment was scheduled. Everyone is different and sometimes the "average" dose is not what every person needs. Good luck and keep being honest with your doctor- it will ultimately do you more good than harm!

I must also say before I post this I felt as if the fog had lifted as well and the song lyrics "I can see clearly now.." came to mind.