It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Sucks to be asking questions again, appreciate the help from almost two years ago, this group is great.

I’m not a youngster and certainly should know better, but this disease knows no boundary.

I had quit my snorting my DOC, 30 mg blues a few years ago and was happily succeeding with Sub. Had cut all the way back to 1 mg a day which is where I am now.

About six months ago, my brilliant addicted mind decided to snort a couple of blues just for ahem “old time sake”. Wow, I got high, so i thought, hmmm every once in a while, I will treat myself. Bad move.

Predictably, I am now snorting about 8 of em a day and have been for the past couple of months while I still take my 1 mg of sub (because after all, I quit, remember). I’m also about $10,000 poorer too and have somehow hid this from my wife who would crucify me if she knew the truth. I’d like to tell her but do not want to hurt her. Of course I had to lie about the cash and took the heat by blaming gambling.

So, once again, I am done - I have cut off source of both funding and access to the drug, so there is no choice.

MY QUESTION is...since at least 1mg has always been in my system and knowing I’m going to withdraw from that much oxy, how much sub should I take to avoid WD’s and when should I take it? Obviously I want to avoid PW and of course being sick. My last dose will be as I leave work at 4:00 PM. My thinking is to increase to 4 or 6 mg’s first thing in the AM.

Will that work?

Help very much appreciated.

PS - for anyone that may remember me, my wife has done really well, she is down to 1/2mg a day and really wanting to jump off, butbis scared too, that’s a subject for another day.

Please help me, again and thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi longgone,

I am so happy to hear that you are deciding to go back on subs and only subs. Smart Move and financially good move as well. There is nothing more that will clean out your bank account than a drug habit. Speaking from my own experience here...

So are you saying that you are taking your last dose of Oxy or Sub at 4pm today? I am hoping it is the 1mg of sub that you are taking at 4pm. I would skip that oxy dose and then go ahead and induce tomorrow morning .

OXY is fairly fast acting and leaves your system quickly . Not to mention 30mg is not a high dose. You should be just fine to start in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the reply — to be clear, the last 30 I plan to take is at 4:00 PM and that will be my 8th today. Also, I took my usual 1mg of sub this AM.

So, am I safe to increase my sub up to 4 or even 6 mg first thing tma morning, in order to avoid dreaded withdrawals and of course in no way bring on precipitated withdrawals.

Thx

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Longgone,

I'm Queenie. Just giving my opinion here based on experience. Can you take 2 or 3 mgs of Suboxone and forget about the Oxy.? I had a surgical procedure done about 2 weeks ago. They gave me Fentanyl, Dilaudid, and morphine to help my pain. Sent me home with oxycodone pills. The third day I was home, I tried Ibupophren(motrin) for my pain. It was alright on the ibupopren, So I waited about 16 hours, taking Motrin every 6 hours. I put 1 8mg Suboxone under my tongue and prayed. After all I was in the hospital 10 days on morphine & dilaudid. I had pain before surgery and of course after(I had 2 tumors removed). I felf fine on the suboxone. The next day I took my sub dose again. No withdrawls, nothing. So, forget the Oxy(although I know you want that feeling.) Believe me, while I was in hospital, I was liking that feeling. Especially when they put me on a Dilaudid pump for 24 hours, But, I also remembered that I couldn't stay thay way. You will be fine on the subs. I know you're on 1 mg. but maybe to make the transition maybe you can take a bit more and then stay at 1 mg. This is all a suggestion, but I want you to go on sub and leave those other things alone. O.k?

Love and all the best to you,
Queenie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yes Queenie, my plan is to 100%, once and for all get off the opioids. I’m done, I can’t take it anymore, it sucks.

I just want to make sure I transition from the 8 30’s I did today along with my one MG of Sub to no oxy’s and 4-6 mg’s of Sub only in the AM, without putting myself into precipitated withdrawals. Based on your experience, it looks like I’ll be OK.

Is 15 hours from last Oxy dose long enough to make that transition (given Sub has always been in my system).

I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Longgone, Sorry I didn't respond before but my internet was down due to some people installing gas pipes and a large crane they have ripped out internet line down. We have above ground wires. Anyway, I don't know how you will feel if you take Sub after 15 hours. I would love to say "Sure, go ahead" but everyone is different.

It just so happens I had an appt. with my Sub Dr. yesterday. I'm surprised he saw me on a Saturday but then I'm not surprised. He is a great Dr. and he wanted to see me after this surgery and I had and my transition. He told me that one should at least wait until they are in mild withdrawal before going back to Subs. The thing is that you are on Subs and Opioids, right? Can you stop both and wait? Then just try the subs? Also, I think you should see the Dr. and see if he will up your Suboxone dosage. It's o.k. You can come down later. The thing here is to be comfortable just on subs and forget the opioids.

I hope you can figure this out but, believe me, you will be happy when you are just on subs. It works. Really.

You will be fine, sweetheart. Don't be afraid. I know how withdrawal feels but you won't feel sick if you are just on Subs. Please let me know how you're doing.

Hugs, Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry about the late reply.

What was the outcome? I was thinking that since the Oxy 30 was such a short acting opiate, that it should be ok to start the subs the following day.

Good luck with the induction and keep us posted

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Raudy,

Just wanted to say I love, love, love your avatar. It cracks me up every time because I saw the video of him falling asleep. Hilarious.

I hope Longgone does well. I'm sure he will. We are all terrified of withdrawal., but I'm sure he just has to try it and he will see that subs work.

Take care of yourself my friend,

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Queenie,

Thanks!! I just absolutely love those Silly Meerkats on "Meerkat manor". Not sure why but they bring a smile to my face.
Have a fabulous Day!!