It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, first let me say I am relieved that I found this forum. I am a 43 year old female and Mom of two daughters. I'm not going to ramble too much but I'm going to say my drug addiction did start at the age of twenty three. Six years ago after hitting rock-bottom my mother gave me a chance in life again by taking me to a physician who prescribed me suboxone. I guess because I was new in my recovery I continued to battle with it off and on for 2 years while going to this physician. I would do well for months and then fall off the wagon again. For the next few years I went to two more doctors before finding one the I finally did good with and actually started a real road to recovery. My opinion is because this doctor was not trying to milk the system and actually looked at each patient as an individual instead of saying here's my program ,everybody must come twice a week for group and every other week to me, paying for each group, each doctor visit, and your medication. Not to mention taking off of work to attend these constant groups and doctor visits where you had no choice but to relive your past speaking of it constantly and often causing Cravings that otherwise I felt would not have been there or at least not so frequently. Please don't misunderstand me I know that everybody may need some sort of group or counseling. However everyone's addiction and Recovery is different and should not be put in a group whicj is categorized the same. Once I finally found a doctor who looked at everyone's recovery individually I no longer fell off the wagon and instead began to climb the ladder of success. I am on my second year in college, going to school with hopes of getting my Bachelor's degree, working one full-time job and one part-time job and raising my daughter alone while also contributing with financial and mental support to put my older daughter through college. Sadly my doctor recently retired. He was an awesome man one of the nicest human beings I have ever had the honor of meeting. So now the dreaded search for that doctor again who doesn't stick me in three groups a week and demand that I visit him every week for my prescription. I am so over it I just don't think that a person who has been clean a year-and-a-half two years or five years should have the same treatment as someone who just used last week. I just feel everyone should be diagnosed individually. I think I've already said this, lol. I apologize for rambling I am in North Carolina. Recently my father passed away making me think it was time to take my job up on a transfer which would be in South Carolina my job also sends me to Georgia therefore those are the three states that I can see a doctor in. SURELY there has to be a doctor that's accepting new patients and understands each patient is different. I am not saying this because I just do not want to attend groups. However I do not understand why the doctors do not see once a person actually begins to succeed in life and is leaving drugs alone they no longer have time to show up at the office 2 to 4 times a week and this could actually hinder the goals they are working on. I actually lost a very good job with my first Dr. because she demanded I go to so many groups each week and I was having to leave work an hour early 3 times a week I ended up dropping out of school that semester also because of group meetings and not being able to make class. If a doctor is in this for the right thing they should also see this because not many people who are still using drugs will be working a full-time job successfully going to school successfully and taking care of their family successfully. These are all signs that show a patient is being successful with suboxone. Anyway again apologies for rambling I sure hope someone can help me as Panic is setting in I do not want to ever go back to who I was I just want to continue to move forward thanks for reading

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:29 am 

Hi Mara, Welcome! What area of NC are you in? What kind of insurance do you have? I have a family member who is an executive for a health care service in Greensboro. I can check with her to see if she knows of a doctor. In the meantime, welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Restoration of Greensboro is a new practice anxious for new patients and has plenty of suboxone openings available immediately and yes they do take most insurance including Medicaid. They are at 530 north Elam Ave in Greensboro North Carolina and their number is 336 285 7853. Dr Plummer is wonderful.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Michelle F. wrote:
Hi Mara, Welcome! What area of NC are you in? What kind of insurance do you have? I have a family member who is an executive for a health care service in Greensboro. I can check with her to see if she knows of a doctor. In the meantime, welcome!

Hello, thank you so very much for replying. I am in Fayetteville NC, but travel lots to see my daughter in Greenville and my job send me all over NC, Georgia, Virginia, and Alabama. Will drive anywhere just to get back on my meds without the constant worryof groups. I was doing so well. Now this . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

StevePeterson wrote:
Restoration of Greensboro is a newA and crew and yes they do take most insurance including Medicaid. They are at 530 north Elam Ave in Greensboro North Carolina and their number is 336 285 7853. Dr Plummer is wonderful.

Thank you kindly for posting. I will call him first thing in the morning.... Thank you so much. I will update you as soon as possible, hope with good news.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is a Dr. in Lagrange Ga. about 45 mins. south of Atl. off interstate 85 that you can go to once a month. He is at New Start Centers, Phone# 706.756.9575 Fax# 877.787.9575. I have been going to him for 6 months. Gets ya in and out in no time. No groups required. He is taking new patients at this time. I don't know if this is too far away but good luck to you. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Definitely not too far away. This medication has potential to change many lives of many. I wish all DR's would see this. There are so many around me that will not will see a person who is doing well and accomplishing goals will have no time for group each week. with the last dr I was going to wanted me to attend group two to three times a week and to her once a week , causing missed work. Too much .thank you all. The endless phone calls had became too much

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yay. Thank you all soooo much. Have an appointment on Friday of next week..... Will let you know how it goes. So much relief. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:47 am 

This is such a wonderful forum! We truly do help each other so much.

:) ☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Very good Mara. So glad to hear that! My Dr. is only open on Fri. If that is the one you are going to, will you please tell them Angie Irvin sent you there and I will get a discount off my next visit. Btw, you don't have to mention it here on this forum if you don't want everyone to know the Dr. your going to, but if your going to that one please mention it at your visit. I have to pay full price bc I have no insurance and any help is better than none at all. Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Angie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@JennJenn, yes this is an awesome forum, I honestly did not expect anyone to answer me because normally that is how forums are for me.... Very thankful found this group....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh! Sorry about that, LOL maybe it wasn't my Dr. your seeing, but anywho I'm glad you got the help here and hopefully THIS Dr. will not MAKE you go to meetings and time consuming things that you frankly don't have enough time in the day for. The best of luck to you and your recovery.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey. I sent you a private message....or tried to. Did you get it? But I am pretty sure your dr I got appointment with. Thanks again. I am so nervous until then

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:22 am 

Hi Mara, So happy that you got an appointment! I did get a number but it is the same that Steve gave you! This is the best forum ever! (If I do say so myself!) lol Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mara, no need to be nervous, we got a good Dr. BTW, did you get the message I sent?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Greenville Psychiatric Associates Greenville NC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Oops sorry, I missed where you already got an appt. My bad!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all. Sorry that it's been so long since I posted I was locked out of the account and just saw where the admin had kindly help me get back in months ago. Unfortunately I wasn't able to use the doctor in Georgia because of my North Carolina Medicaid would not pay for it. I still do not have a doctor and I'm completely out of meds and kind of panicking. I saw someone mention that place in Greensboro. Do they take Medicaid? If not how much for the doctor visit? Also I am prescribed Adderall for add or ADHD which I definitely have. do you know if any of the above doctors prescribe the Adderall with the Suboxone I have never had an issue with my doctors doing that but I just was curious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 am 

Hi Mara, welcome back. It's not common to know what a specific doctor will or won't prescribe or what kind of payment they take unless it's someone's person doctor that they see every month. It is also not a given that we have the exact same people checking the posts this months as we did in October. Michelle and Jennjenn are definitely still here though.

Here is a link to SAMSHA's map of North Carolina's page for substance abuse providers:

https://www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov/lo ... &submit=Go

After you follow the link, go to the top right area of the screen where it says Service. Click on the box next to Buprenorphine Physicians, then unclick the box next to SA & MH. You should be left with a screen with blue dots that correspond to Suboxone doctors. You can zoom out to see more of the state or change other parameters. Then you need to start calling places and asking questions. Good luck!

Amy