It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help! I missed a dose.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was not able to get to pharmacy before it closed.Truth be told, I thought it was open till 4, but it closed at 3, before I got there. Am I going to get sick? It is 4:30 and I can't go get my new dose until tomorrow morning at 10 am. I am scared. I have never had this happen. I normally take 12 mg. I do have 4 mg at home, so I will.take that tonight. Do you think I will get sicknor be OK? I feel like an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, you won't get sick- not if you took 12 mg today already. I recommend that you take the 4 mg tomorrow morning, then get to the pharmacy. If you dose efficiently-- and others will help you understand what that means if that concept is new to you-- then you will be fine!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Youll be fine. Try not to think about it. Im very small, but had a huge problem. Ive taken 8 subs one day before, now i just came to memphis tn where i dont know anyone, and dont have subs nor enough for a dr. Til wed. Completely sucks.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SuboxDoc - I haven't taken anything today!!! I normally take 12 mg, but didn't take any because I didn't get to the pharmacy before it closed. The last sub I had was 24 hours ago. I can't get my normal dose, 12 mg, till tomorrow. I do have 4 mg, and will take that now. So today will be 4 instead of 12. Do you think I will be OK?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:33 am 

Hi Fresh Start Momma, How did you make out? I am thinking that due to the half life of suboxone, you were ok. It is a horrible feeling to think of being without. I do think alot of it is in our head. Or, at least I should say, that is how it is for me. I remember when I was using, I would get a rush knowing that the pills were available and I had access. Once the supply started to dwindle or God forbid, I did not know how or when I was getting more, I would start to feel very anxious.Please let us know how you are doing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for asking Michelle F. I was fine. I think because I had the 4 mg. saved, it saved me!!! I went to pharmacy the next morning and got my dose and all was well!! I hope to never be in that position again, but it just confirmed for me the importance of saving some when I can.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry, my partner just logged into this to show me a thread she created and I noticed your post. I take 24mg a day and had to work last Saturday and missed my dose and I was fine with the 48hr gap, no sickness at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:31 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Ukinnz!

Amy