It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, I lost my Cobra coverage after the Obama mandated reduction in the cost of Cobra medical coverage expired. I just couldn't afford to keep it, I'm out of a job and it cost me nearly $500 a month. This included my prescription plan, so now my Suboxone alone is approximately $500 a month! I was wondering if I had any options. I heard there was a government provided patient assistance program. Does anyone know anything about this?? I live in the state of New Jersey and have been on Suboxone for almost 8 months now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I really hate replying to my own thread...I'm very sorry. I have until Tuesday, when I will run out of Suboxone. Does anyone know anything about the government's patient-assistance program for Suboxone...if you do, please don't hesitate to reply or send me a PM. I am in a pretty tight situation right now, I do not want to come off of Suboxone so abruptly if at all possible.

Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Under the "Links" section of the forum index, you'll see a post about the patient assistance program. I hope it helps you. Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i couldnt afford the suboxone they wanted over 7 sbucks a pill! anyway i tried to ween off of them but went into awful withdrawls and just like my weak self here i am back on painkillers and i ordered some stuff to make poppy pod tea!! arrgh, it was almost a year sober wiht the help of suboxone and i lose my insurance and bam right back into the thick of things! argh, i hate money!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry to hear you're back/headed back into the throes of active addiction. I totally understand your frustration at the situation. I know if that were to happen to me I'd be out-of-my-mind upset about it. Are you going to try to taper off again (the pain meds I mean)?
Did you try the patient assistance program? If you're accepted the medication is free for a year. If you didn't check into it call your doctor and ask him/her about it. Each doctor is allowed two patients on the program, I believe.

Please hang in there and be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just a thought; with the pain meds and pod tea are you spending more than $7 a day? You could always take 4mg and spend $3.50 a day. Another thing is subutex is generic now, you could always ask your doctor, given your situation and if you've complied with your doctors rules that could be another option. I know pods aren't as cheap as they used to be and your tolerance might be higher than you think after being on suboxone for 8 months. I'm just having a hard time believing you can maintain with pain meds and pods for under $7. $7 a day seems to be a small price to pay for your life. Anyway, best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey man go to the reck and bens site (makers of suboxone) and there is supposed to be an application for free suboxone or assistance with the pay. they ask very little in return only letters of thanks. google free suboxone program and see what comes up. i'm currently taking the generic subutex (lovin it) 4mg a.m and 4mg p.m. (these are the 2mg tablets). i know your situation is a nightmare and i hope and pray i don't have to face it myself(and no one else either) best of luck bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FYI: Information about the patient assistance program can be found in the "Links" section. It's for people who don't have insurance. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you guys for your replies...I fell off the boat for only a few days really. ..my doctor had 2 people already on the assistance program...so there was no way I could get on it. I also tried to take just one 8mg suboxone and I just went straight into withdrawls, although I'm sure I could have tapered, but I really didn't have the time to do that, although after I got back on track I did taper. I was getting pain pills basically for free in the past and I had a connection where I was able to get poppy pods for a very good price. It's such a frustrating situation with Suboxone being so insanely expensive. I understand how *special* this medication is....it really does what its supposed to do...I'm still in awe of how it seemingly makes my cravings disappear.

Like I said, I am back on suboxone....and I was able to taper down to 8mg a day, which is where I am at now. The only thing I notice about it is the felling I get for about an hour to two hours after I take it. I feel mildly high...my mood spikes, I become pretty chatty, and I crave cigarettes (I know smoke a few cigarettes a day - down from a pack a day, and I only smoke in the few hours after I take my suboxone). Other than this I feel like my life is back to what it was normally -- some anxiety, but otherwise pretty happy. I love that suboxone was able to give me my hobbies back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you're doing okay and are back on suboxone. FYI - the manufacturer just recently raised the limit and doctor can now have three patients on the assistance program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

rxcardsfree[dot]com

My husband and I both have been paying out of pocket for suboxone every 2 weeks for a year now. We paid $300 for the first visit and $75 every two weeks after just for the doctors visits (on top of that now we are getting letters saying we owe almost $3,000 each for testing that isn't covered in what we pay the doctor so now we are going to have that on our credit too). On top of that the prescription is $123 every two weeks each before the suboxone $45 dollar discount. Which brings it evenly to around $85 every two weeks.

I spent all night last night online looking at all the pharmacy help cards, and cheap prescription coverage insurance that might help and I found this card. I honestly didn't ever take the links people posted for these cards seriously because every time I would try one it wasn't a very good discount and it wasn't able to be combined with the $45 discount card so it wasn't a big help.

Looking around I got through 30 pages on the google search before I got to this card and looked up how much it would cost, at first I was getting the same $123 but on the 3rd page of pharmacies I see $7.50 for a box of Suboxone 2mg 0.5mg Film (30 count). I go no way this can't be right. I go to the next page and there is another pharmacy this time a Walgreens that says $8.50. I go ok lets go try this. I called the smaller pharmacies that it said they were $7.50 at but they didn't have any and would have to order it but we needed it today so I go well its a dollar and really I'm still saving a ton so I went to Walgreens and just said I had new insurance and they put it in, and go ok your total is going to be $8.50. I had printed out the price quote and everything incase I had to say something but I didn't it just went through. So seriously get this card free and check how much you can save on price quote page : myrxprice[dot]com :: I promise I am not making it up and I honestly hated having to go to the doctor every two weeks and us spending our entire pay checks. So please try this and let me know if it helps you out at all. I am in New York if it makes any difference, although since it's a Walgreens I am sure it will be the same everywhere they have them.