It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: crap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

talk about crap. i give up. i just lied and had my dr give me percs. the heck with it, i give up. good luck to all and thanks for your support. queenie

Post subject: please
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yes, move my message to the proper place. I'm sorry. i'm upset

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't give up on yourself Queenie. You made a mistake, but it is not the end of the world. What really matters now is what you chose to do next.

Do you have a plan? Have you talked to your Suboxone doctor or a counselor? What was going on that triggered this?

We can try to help and support you if you talk to us about what is going on.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Whoa, what the heck? queenie, what happened? Did you stop taking your suboxone or something? Those percs aren't going to do anything to you....please stop and consider what you are doing?

How about you just wait one more day, see how you feel about it tomorrow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Q please just take a step back and look at how well youve been doing and dont let that all go cause you had one really bad trigger. We are addictis and when times like this pop up it puts us in a hard spot but sure you got the percs but its what you do next that really matters!!!!!!!!!! Just flush them get in touch asap with your dr and any other support you have like us. I understand what you did i can undedrstand why you did it but the first step was telling us about it so there is def something inside you that is telling you to not take them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm 
Like junkie said they wont even effect you unless you waited like a week so use that to your advantage. Its just not worth it, I wish you the best of luck and hope you can make it past this without a relapse.

Post subject: sub really does work
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah Queenie, I relapsed on some pills too and they did nothing for me, except I think I had a delayed reaction and got sick a couple of days later--absolutely no high a tall, but a couple of days later i felt like I had OD'd. if that's any deterrent for you. I dont' know where you're at with it now, but if even if you do relapse, you shouldn't just give up. sub really does work, adn it really can help us addicts Anyway, I dont' know why you would want to say goodbye to the forum, unless for some reason you feel like you are done with sub? I don't know your whole story, but...I think I can understand the current situation you're in. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be on thsi forum because I'm not as stable as most people seem to be, and maybe I'm not trying as hard as everyone thinks I should be...but...we're all doing the best we can to manage, right? And...if we give up trying and go into a long relapse, sooner or later we'll have to pick up the pieces and start trying to manage our lives again...It's pretty hard to keep your life together with a serious addiction, and things can go from bad to worse quickly, so...I'm just trying to encourage you to keep trying.BBoy is right--you took a step by posting here, so why don't you tell us exactly what's going on as far as your treatment plan with sub, etc? Ok, i hope this makes some sense to you..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Queenie,

What is going on? Did you ever make it to your counseling? Did you let them know that you were depressed? Believe me when I say that I can understand that depression combined with health issues can get you in a place where you don't care, in a hurry.

The good news is, these bad feelings don't have to last forever! There is hope and help out there. Please come back and talk to us, and let us know what is going on. I think I can safely speak for the group when I say that we care about you, and we are here for you!

I am here for you if you need to talk!

Love,
~Rossma

P.S. I can't get into the chat room because of my dial-up but PM me if you want, I'll watch for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my laptop is acting up so I hope I can get this in & explain. It started with depressed, crying, crying depressed. I was doing fine with my subs since June. Then, boredom, craving, more craving crying & crying & craving. I took ambien to sleep. it would relalx me. yesterday I suddenly went nuts. went to my regular dr. told her arthritis pain was unbearable. she reminded me of subs. I told her i would stop when better and start subs again. Boom she gave me 60 percs. Now after chowing down some here & threre. about 15-20. I am resentful. I'm gonna stop. wait a day or 2 go back to subs. (Is that the right way?) I have an appt with my sub dr the 18 th. next week. I will tell all & hope urine is clean. I regret what I did. any help out there? No, I would never leave this forum. You are my friends. you & subs saved me one rainy sad night I found you guys and had 1 sub and 2 percs. There was a meeting that night. Remember? I don't know what happened.I think I am very depressed and need anti-depressants. Maybe the ambien started something.

Help me ,I am remorseful now and you are still my friends. I know you won't be angry.

Love, queenie

queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, no one is angry with you. I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time right now. Did you ever start seeing that counselor you had an appointment with? I'm glad you plan on being honest with your doctor. I believe that is the way to go. Maybe you do need an antidepressant...Just be very honest with her/him about how you've been feeling. As for the relapse, once you get stable again you might want to try to figure out what it was that triggered you. That way you can avoid falling victim to the same trigger next time. Hang in there. I'm glad you turned to us. You'll be okay.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Queenie,
I can totally relate to you. I've only been on subs, what ? 3 weeks ? You guys probably know better than I do !! lol !! And I messed up twice. What triggered me ?? PAIN ! The same pain that introduced me to percocet in the first place.And, with me, everything is SO different than some claim on this forum. The subs do NOT work on pain for me. In fact, my doctor quetioned why I thought it did. When I took the painkillers just THIS week, I didn't get sick. And I got high. And I started feeling better. Then went right back to my Subs. Again, without getting sick.
You slipped up. Big deal. You already feel guilty and you know you're going back to Subs (if you're not taking them again already)
I didn't write this to piss off everyone that agrees about the same few "facts" about Suboxone. Everybody is different. Just like when some newcomers come on here and write something like, "THIS will blow your mind !! I took 5 10mg percs a day !!" He/she sees it as "Can you believe THAT !?", but most of us on here are thinking, "Thats it ?" EVERYBODY is different and reacts different to different meds.
And, a few friends that have been following my story on here are probably thinking, "He's still not happy with them." Well, you're right. But, I will continue taking them.
Queenie, don't feel guilty. Take your percs. You'll feel better. Then get your ass back on Subs. You're more than likely not to do it again.
And if anyone wants to delete this because it's not a positive message, I understand. I have a heart and care, I just can't seem to sugarcoat anything and I sound like am a$$hole.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN !! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taking full agonists while on sub is not supposed to make you sick, blue. And if you weren't on the full agonists for very long then going back on sub won't make you sick either. As for why you got high from it, blue, it's likely because you haven't been on sub very long. I do think it's irresponsible of you to encourage queenie's continued relapse. Who has to pay the price of her renewed active addiction? Not you, that's for sure. She will.

Please queenie, don't take anymore percs. Obviously it's your decision and not mine. But do you really want to return to that way of life? Think about all the consequences of active addiction...Is it worth it? Be well and please try to be kind to yourself.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was trying not to make her feel bad about what she had done. If she has already taken them all, she MIGHT not WANT to hear, "DON'T DO IT !!"
I wanted her to feel comfortable about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Queenie,

Did the Percocet even have any effect on you? I know when I had my surgery I had to be off the Sub for at least 7 or 8 days before I could "feel" any pain medication, and even then I didn't feel high, even tho I took 'way more than was prescribed.

In a way I was glad to find this out first hand. Even though I knew that it was going to be the case, I found out for myself. Every time I even have a tiny notion if taking anything else, I think of the fact that I know it won't do anything anyway - and now I know it from experience. I hope that you will find that this is just a speed bump in the road. Sometimes when we go through tribulations like this, they make us stronger and I really hope that will be the case for you.

I will continue to be thinking of you.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much, friends. My counseling was cancelled due to some mistake. Things might have been diffrent. I want to go to subs asap. Any suggestions? I took about 15-20 percs between yestrday & today. Don't want to be sick. Do I slowly start subs.? Take no more percs? any help, please? Love, queenie Lesson learned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Queenie,

I have been wondering were you were I posted to have you meet me Monday in chat, I guess they aren't doing it here anymore but I enjoyed talking with you there on mondays I looked forward to it actully :D I wanted to call you but my phone got stolen and I lost your number and I can't seem to e-mail you anymore???

Anyway about the percs hey you tried it you learned its over you can only move forward from here :!: Did you feel anything? Did it help? I would wait as long as you can before going back on the subs. For me it was about 18 hours, but i guess it depends on how long you were off the subs? There is a COWS print out that helps you gage your w/d's

http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

Thats what i used and i was fine. Do you still have my number? If you do call me or set up a time we can meet in chat, i have a lot i need to tell you and would love to here more about what your going through!

Hope to here from you soon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Queenie,
I am PROUD of you for being honest & real! My husband a while back quit subs w/out me knowing. He thought he would quit before he told me, well he still had roxy's left. He on day 3 found those roxy's when a friend came to visit & when the friend pulled out some pills & made some lines, he offered it to my husband. My husband figured what the heck I will do just this line. Fast forward to the next morning, he realized he had done around 30 of the roxy's he had left. He didn't tell me for about a week, then he bowed his head & said "I fucked up, I fucked up bad" I was mortified, I thought oh' here we go again...but I looked at him & said "wait, I have seen you take the suboxone in the past week". He told me that once he woke up & went to grab more roxy's, he knew just how bad it could get, he waited until the next day & took his normal dose of suboxone. He didn't suffer, tossed a bit that night before taking the suboxone again(I thought he was drunk, boy was I wrong) But he realized his mistake, his oops, & got back on track. He nor I have taken anything for a month now, including suboxone, and he doesn't have the urge anymore. That slip up reminded him why he went through all this time & money...and all that he gained was not going to be undone by another slip up. This is just a scuff on the wall, it can be fixed, and possibly look even better.
The main medicine that has worked miracles for my depression has been lexapro, depression is hard enough to deal with let alone when the rest of our chemicals are out of whack. As far as the ambien, from what I hear it can cause all kinds of issues. My mother in law put cinnamon scented liquid on her toast that was meant for the air because she said "she wanted cinnamon french toast, and that has cinnamon." I tried to get it from her, but she got fiesty, so I let her take a few bites before she realized it was nasty. Grogginess, lack of energy from it can also depress you the next day. Your sub doctor may prescribe you an anti-depressant, if not then most PCP's will.
The next step I would take, once you feel comfortable, would be to tell your doctor/pharmacist to not give you narcotics even if you beg...unless you are in serious health crisis. The fact your doctor knew you were on suboxone & still gave you percs is wrong of them, that was their mistake. There are plenty of other medications that will work just as well, if not better, than percs. Think back to when you were on them before, they stopped working right? Well, stopped working on actual pain. One thing my sub doc warned me is my brain & body will try to create pain, pain that was there will become worse, and new pain may arise. But she told me to be prepared & use whatever I could to relieve the pain. I used heating pads, aspirin, ibuprofen 800, hot baths, the ocean was great for relieving the stress on my spine. And when all else failed I curled up on the couch & bitched up a storm. I reminded myself a million times the roxy's, methadone, fentanyl, OC's, lortab, tylenol 3, tylox, meperidine & morphine( I think thats all of 'em;)) that I had taken before to stop the pain didn't work after about 2 days anyways. So what the hell do I need them for? Cause I am tired, tired of the pain, tired of waiting to feel normal, tired of constantly remembering feeling the buzz? Or do I need off of them because I am tired of not being me, tired of losing control of everything, tired of looking over my shoulder when at the doc/pharmacy, tired of going from one pharmacy to the next trying to fill my script, tired of being a lazy mother, tired of being chained to thagt bottle, tired of scheduling holidays & events around my next pill, tired of wondering if those damn heart palpitations was going to stop my heart one night & then what would happen to my kids, oh God, what if the kids found me cold, stiff & blue? Reminding myself of all those horrid thoughts kept me grounded...even when I thought to hell with this. Believe me, most if not all of us, at some time through this ordeal have thought the same thing..."WHY?" Why is because this will only make you stronger, not weaker, because you deserve to be your best, because so many people depend on you whether you realize or not, because you are a child of you mother & father and they love you, because the smile you smile when you are off those pills is a real, true smile...not one you have to force, and because you will show everyone who may slip up in the future that they are not alone, and they can make it back on the path just like you will!
IT IS OKAY, YOU ARE STRONG, YOU HAVE PROVEN THAT ALREADY
Sending a big hug & warm fuzzy feelings your way:)
Linds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Chalk this up to learning, were just a little more hard headed than others.. PLEASE stop feeling bad about yourselve, at this point we dont have a pill problem we have a thinking problem, work on thinking more positive, even if its hard to do, get yourselve more involved here like you used to be, it will keep your mind busy for awhile, an idol mind is the devils workshop.....Mike ( stuck at 1mg )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

having trouble with laptop. Thanks bless you all. I'm here, Dear God. Will slowly start subs. will find a way. e mail is Nydiajimenez@rocketmail.com/ Any help appreciated. Love you all. queenie

Post subject: Tired of me yet?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like such a wimp. I relapsed, panicked. I got rid of percs, read all the messages here old & new. Decided to wait 7 hours. took subs, probably didn't give it time to work & thought I took subs too soon because I felt wd's coming bad. panicked. Now, I feel better. I bothered everyone in this forum. I'm sorry. Thanks for being true friends. Now, I feel better.

To anyone new to this forum. DON"T LEAVE. This is the place to find true help with people that are willing to help anytime.
I have learned a very important lesson. I will never try what I did. Anyone thinking of trying to get pills, STOP!! You will waste your time. you will ruin something that is very important in your recovery. Don't find yourself sobbing like a baby at 3:00 a.m. because you made a horrid mistake, while others that took thier subs are sleeping.

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE. I WILL HELP ANYONE THAT I CAN. THERE IS NO MONEY VALUE FOR YOUR KINDNESS, PATIENTCE AND LOVE.
Love & hope, Queenie