It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HELP!! Induction
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've never used a forum like this before. I'm honestly in tears typing now because this is the first step I've waited so long to be brave/strong enough to take. Although I don't feel very brave or strong.
I've been taking 6 to 10 Lortab/Viciodin a day for almost 5 years total. Starting 2 weeks ago I started a rapid taper. To the point where I would start having withdrawals ever 4-6 hours. I would take just a half a tablet. In the last 2 days I've cut way back. I took a half (equal to 5mg) lortab about 2 hours ago and one about 6 hours before that. Small doses each of 5mg. They don't even stop my WD symptoms. I have been able to get several 8 mg strips of suboxone. I am about to start today. I'm so scared. Scared of everything. Mainly of going into terrible wd's because I haven't waited long enough between doses. I've looked thru this forum and even scored myself on this COWS system. Even after having taken the 5mg of hydro a few hours ago I already score high enough to be considered in mild-moderate withdrawals. I'm so confused. I know if I wait another few hours I'll be in such pain. I'm just wondering of anyone here things it would be safe to take a small dose of the sub only 4 or 5 hours after taking that 5mg? Im so scared. I didn't get these strips from a dr. I know I should but it's just not possible right now. I know this isn't the beat way to start this but believe me. It's the only way. I'm hopeless right now. Please somebody help me. This is honestly a person asking/begging for somebody to see this. Im alone as I have been. But I feel more alone than ever.

Post subject: Re: HELP!! Induction
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please don't cry. Everything is going to be perfectly ok I promise! Just try and relax a bit if you can and you will be feeling better in no time.

And welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here with us! :D

To be extra cautious I would wait a while longer if it were me. Even though your habit was not that large, and you have taken some very small doses of Lortab recently, I still believe it's too early to safely take the subs. Much better to be safe than sorry where precipated withdrawals are concerned!

Wait until the withdrawals are so severe you just can't stand it any longer. Sure it truly sucks to be that sick, but you only have to do this one time so may as well do it in the manner that gives you the best chance at success. Wait for at least 24 hours total, OR/AND use that Cows and try to get to at least a score of 13 or above, and you will be good to take the sub at that point.

We're here to help, and 'm giving you my best advice based on experience! You have to dig deep and fight hard to let those symtpoms begin to get severe. Once you feel you just can't stand or take it any longer you should be ok to take the sub. Also check that Cows score too.

And I would begin with small doses of sub also. You can always take more, but if you take a large dose at first you can't go back. Maybe begin with 1mg doses until you are stable waiting about 30 minutes to an hour between doses. You CAN do this ok!

Hope this helps. I have to go out for a short time, but I will return shortly. Hopefully others will be here also. I will help you all that I am able. I've been right where you are now so I perfectly undestand how your feeling. Do as I suggest and you should be feeling great quickly!

Hang in there and best wishes to you! Keep us informed how your doing.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks sooo much. This is the first time I've not felt alone in this. Would it do any harm to try 1 or 2 mg?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello...if your cows number has you in mild to above wd, then it sounds like you are ready.
But yes go slowly at first. 1 mg at a time till you feel better..and sloooowly....and wecome. Sub saved my life itll help save yours!!!!!! I had a pill habit higher than yours and induced in less than 10 hours. I fealt great..good luck...razor..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And a little background. I'm a working musician. A drummer and started this whole cycle looking for relief after my body taking a beating playing drums for 3 or 4 hours 3 or 4 nights a week. It's very high impact. But I'm committed. I want this to work.Oddly enough I don't drink or smoke. At all.

Last edited by onmywayCH on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks razor. I'm at about 6 hours now since any hydro. I'm having stomach issues and leg aches and just overall wd. BUT I have been in much worse. Just didn't want to get that far in. The whole reason I'm reaching out and trying the sub is to not have this hell. Thanks again razor. Never thought I'd get so much help here. Or anywhere. I'm trying to wait a long as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey OMW,

How are you holding up? I know how hard this is, and I know how terrible you feel right now. But you really need to push yourself to get to that score on the COWS. Because your habit was on the small side, compared to most we see here, it may take you a tad bit longer. But, you will get there. Try to be brutally honest with yourself when you score. It's so tempting to fudge it a bit to make yourself get up to the score needed so you can get some relief.

When you get to the point that you can't stand it any longer, then go for a small dose. Probably 1mg...I don't think you are going to need more than 4mg to feel better. That smaller dose will allow you to conserve the subs you have, and give you more time with your detox.

Keep us updated on how it's going for you okay!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you'll be fine to give in when you can't go any further. The sub is going to be stronger than what you were taking before, which will help prevent PWs. So just ease onto it when you do start. 1 mg sounds like a good idea to see how you do.

Good luck! I know many a musicians in your situation, you're not alone. Hang in there and let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Your 5 years turned into 10 years for me. Like you, we have relatively small habits compared to others. But the years in turmoil and chains is no way to live. So congratulations! Try to feel like total shit, and then take a 1 mg. I didn't trust the system, or the process and took a bunch of comfort meds. Went through p/w later that night. Thought I was going to die. If you have those subs in your hands, then you can afford to go through a little hell before dosing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just took about 1.5mg 30 min ago. I do feel some better. Not worse. Not yet at least. I have no idea what to do know. How long should I wait for the next dose? Or should I take it soon since I don't appear to be headed towards PWD?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're fine, you will not go I to PWs. Do you still feel withdrawal symptoms? I'd wait a bit before taking more to see if the sub kicks in more. Id hate to see you over do it, your tolerance to sub is low.

I'd wait another hour for the Suboxone to settle in, then assess how you're feeling. The goal is for your withdrawal symptoms go away, nothing more. Suboxone will stay in your system for a long time so of you dose again too soon, it's going to stack on top of what you've already taken. It's not dangerous or anything, but it's easy to over do it and get negative side effects (nausea, headaches, dizzy, anxiousness), so be honest with yourself and only take more if you really need it. Don't just take it to take it. That's my advice..

Last edited by tinydancer on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

onmywayCH wrote:
I just took about 1.5mg 30 min ago. I do feel some better. Not worse. Not yet at least. I have no idea what to do know. How long should I wait for the next dose? Or should I take it soon since I don't appear to be headed towards PWD?

"Not worse" is a great sign!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tinydancer
I don't feel WD very much. It seems to working fine. I just have no clue as to a dosing schedule for the first day/time. Or even for tomorrow. I have a show to play tonight at a festival. So I'm hoping to be functional for that. Like I said I don't drink or smoke anything like 90% of my colleges so I'm always kinda quiet so if I'm feeling blaaaah nobody will notice tonight. As long as I can play for the 2 hour set. Eating and drinking things like juice or Gatorade won't be an issue right? I can't thank all you enough. I'll be here throughout this journey. I've found a partner/partners in my fight. Thank you! I'll be able to give back to all you at some point. Thanks again. I'm truely moved by the outpouring of help so soon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To be honest, 1.5 mgs might just be a good dose for you. It sounds about right. If I were you, I'd hang out on that dose for the rest of the day, better safe than over do it for your gig. You can cut a small piece to bring with you, like .5, if you want, for security.. but I doubt you'll need it. I think the sub you've taken will continue to work and keep you pretty even.

As for a dosing schedule, it's usually advised that once you find the right dose, you take that dose once a day. Mornings are usually preferable for most. If 1.5-2mgs works for you today, take that dose tomorrow, and go from there.

Keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey OMW,

I work in the business too. I work with a lot of artists and bands and know how hard and sometimes lonely the road can be.

Everyone here has much more exp and knowledge than me but I'd say take as little sub a you need to keep withdrawals at bay. Remember unlike ur Hydros, the Subs have an averge half life of 37 hours, meaning you can take your 1.5mg or 2mg just once per day. It also stacks which means doses slowly add to each other so you'll feel better and better as the Subs max out their effect.

So ur at 1.5 now and that won't degrade much over 24 hours, so you can get out of the 4 hour mindset that you need something - although the first day or so if WDs come slowly back take another .5. I'm not a dr nor the most experience person here so other folks will likely chime in, but you've already got some great advice.

I went to work the afternoon I inducted, and was in the office the next morning at 8am so you can power through it (I'm not sure if that is typical but I'm no tough guy, more on the cowardly side to be honest) I'm sure you've gone through much worse with your DOC (or lack of it at times).

RSB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great OMW!

I'm so happy you are feeling better. By now you should be feeling the full effect of the dose you took earlier. What's your status now? Have you taken any more? It's not uncommon for you to have to have a bit more the first day or so to get all the WD symptoms to go away. But once you find that magic number for you, then you should feel good all day long.

And, I really don't think you will have any trouble performing tonight. Unless you overdo it with your dose today. Like Tiny said, you will feel a bit nausious and headachy if you take too much, but it will level out over the first day or so.

Hang tough! Let us know how you are doing!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

im very happy this has gone well for you.. Congrats and break a leg tonight as they say...and ya this forum is great glad you found it........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. I'm sorry but I'm gonna start all my updates/replies with a HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! I've stayed with my initial dose of 1.5 for 4 hours now. AND ZERO WD's!! I'm honestly SPEACHLESS. I don't want to speak too soon but gosh this seems to be a perfect fit for me and my situation. I hate the feeling of any benzo so I'm also ecstatic I haven't had to ask a friend for one to calm me down. I've been able to sit and rest for the show tonight with very little if ANY signs of WD. I'm juuuuust slightly starting to get a little anxious. But before a big show like tonight it's not abnormal even when I was using. I think I'm going to try another 1.5 now to bring my total so far to 3mg. Also like suggested I'm gonna take about .5 or 1mg with me "just in case" but ONLY if needed. Actually I have no cravings so I feel like I'll forget I even have it. I can't even begin to talk about just how great it feels to actually have HOPE! That's the feeling I get from this. I should have been here sooner but at least I'm here. Today is the beginning of what I've dreamed about for way too long. I know I'll play with a little more inspiration tonight. I can't wait to do so many things with this outlook. The people here have been so amazing. I wish I could do something for all of you. Like I said in an earlier post I'll never ever forget this. And I'm gonna do something for all you guys. I don't know how it what but I'm going to. Maybe change my username to let you guys know me a little better. I'm going to be heading to the show for press and stuff along with out meetings and soundcheck. But I'll have my iPhone and will keep you guys updated. I'm smiling today. Actually smiling. And this morning at 7:15 am I was in tears starting this thread. In tears. Scared. I'll post later with an update. And my bandmates even agreed to open our set WITH A PIXIES COVER! ;) hmmmmmm today is getting better and better.
Major Love and Light guys! Have a wonderful Friday evening!

QUESTION: 1 last thing. Is sweating a lot like I will tonight going to make a diff as far as any WD kicking in? I usually am soaked after a set lasting a few hours? Just popped in my head. I'm taking 1mg with me just in case so just wondering if anyone has been through anything physical like I will tonight on day 1?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad you're feeling alright!
I'll be the one to go out on a limb suggest not doubling your dose if you're not feeling withdrawals. If you didn't have a gig tonight, I wouldn't be as vocal about it, but as you can see, even the littlest bit of sub is pretty powerful. People show up on this board extremely sick from overdoing it, even at just 2mgs. If you want to try more, go in smaller increments. Like .5 or maybe 1mg, but don't double right off the bat. You can't play us a song if you're throwing up, capeesh?

Just be careful. Sub stacks in your system like no other drug. K, I'm heading out.. have a good night! Let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey CH,

Tiny gave you good advice on you upping your dose, so I won't repeat it. I just wanted to address your concerns about sweating effecting your suboxone. It really shouldn't make a difference. You might notice that you tire a bit easier tonight than normal, but that would be more from the WD you went through effecting your body than the subs.

I'm sure you are going to be great tonight! I wish I could be there to watch your set tonight, sounds like it's gonna be fun! Does your band usually do covers or do you write your own stuff?

Q