It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: HELP!! Induction
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

QHORSEGIRL
We play our own material. But we play a cover from time to time and special occasions like a Halloween night show or a big audience like tonight. Thanks for all TW advice. I'm not going to dose again unless I feel awful WD. Thanks so much. I'll keep y'all posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Heading out the door. I'll keep this updated in case anyone is wondering and/or going through this same stage.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Eek.. I don't want to scare you off too much. You shouldn't have to be in awful withdrawals, I just wanted to warn about taking more on top of feeling fine, that's when it might go above your tolerance level. I'm sure you'll know when to take more. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TINYDANCER

oh no you're not scaring me off. You guys have helped save my life today. I truely feel this way. I need and want all this info. I feel well enough at the moment to continue without another dose. But I'll have a small one tucked away for emergency use if needed tonight. Just having very light RLS the past 20-30 min. But other than that I feel great.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Beat those drums like they owe you money tonight!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bring on the Rawk!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone!!
Just wanted to update my situation really quick. I did wonderful last night. Didn't even really feel tired or sluggish. And once I got home and showered and laid down on my couch I feel right asleep. I was planning on updating this thread last night but was sleeping comfortably before I knew it. Woke up about 4:00 am and had some slight WD symptoms. Jumpy legs and very anxious. Usually I would have to reach for hydro. Instead I took a small .5mg dose and the wds disappeared. I slipped right back to sleep. This morning about 2 hours ago I took 2mg under my tongue and feeling fine. I'm trying not to jinx this but it's going so smoothly. I was really worried about sleep. But had zero problems. Going on 36 hours now with no hydro and have had to take less than 8mg of sub to maintain. I'm happier today than I've been in 5 years guys. Seriously. I have such hope and optimism. I'll update through the day. Thank you all again for support and encouragement. This place and this treatment is a godsend. Well ONMYWAY now. Have a great Sunday guys!!!
:) :) :)

OH!!!! And the show went GREAT. Band was in a real groove all night. Even had some people comment on how happy I seemed to be. I just smiled and thought of my new friends here who KNOW where I am. Where I've been and where I'm headed. And we did open with "Gouge Away" by the Pixies like I'd asked. So. We started out right and never let up. And it was so strange to be thinking about the music completely. AND NOT ABOUT HYDRO/PILLS AND WORRYING ABOUT RUNNING OUT TODAY/SUNDAY. They never really crossed my mind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's so great to hear OMW!

Isn't it amazing how much of a relief you feel? I'm so happy for you!

Keep up the good work, and let us know if we can help you anymore. All those lingering WD's should be completely gone in a day or so. If you are taking enough to cover all your receptors you will wake up in the morning feeling just as good as you did during the day before. That was the best feeling to me the morning after induction. I would literally wake up in full on WD every morning, and I was SOOOOOO happy the morning I woke up and actually didn't even think about pills until I had gotten up and had my morning coffee. Then I realized, wow...I feel good! It was a sense of freedom that I had never felt before!

Happy days!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha..thats great to here! Im happy for ya too..I love it when it all works out from the start. My first morning was like a kid at xmas. I had hope!..
Life just gets better. congrats again....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I have been on meth for less than 90 day.. @ 65mg... I'm now on hr 53 in a hotel I checked into to make the trans... I have the sub in my hand.. very scared... feeling lousy but no crazy bad yet...yesterday was worse than today... I took kratom yesterday to make the effects lighter (worked well) no I want to get this over with and make the switch... AM I GOOD to take sub w/o going into crazy WD???? Anyone please.. my wife and kids think I'm working... I have to do this for ME! So I can be that person I know I am to them.. thanks God bless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jkj, you should start your own thread, with a new subject line lots of folks around here to help you, but many wont see ur comment buried in this one.

RSB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

onmywayCH wrote:
Hey everyone!!
Just wanted to update my situation really quick. I did wonderful last night. Didn't even really feel tired or sluggish. And once I got home and showered and laid down on my couch I feel right asleep. I was planning on updating this thread last night but was sleeping comfortably before I knew it. Woke up about 4:00 am and had some slight WD symptoms. Jumpy legs and very anxious. Usually I would have to reach for hydro. Instead I took a small .5mg dose and the wds disappeared. I slipped right back to sleep. This morning about 2 hours ago I took 2mg under my tongue and feeling fine. I'm trying not to jinx this but it's going so smoothly. I was really worried about sleep. But had zero problems. Going on 36 hours now with no hydro and have had to take less than 8mg of sub to maintain. I'm happier today than I've been in 5 years guys. Seriously. I have such hope and optimism. I'll update through the day. Thank you all again for support and encouragement. This place and this treatment is a godsend. Well ONMYWAY now. Have a great Sunday guys!!!
:) :) :)

OH!!!! And the show went GREAT. Band was in a real groove all night. Even had some people comment on how happy I seemed to be. I just smiled and thought of my new friends here who KNOW where I am. Where I've been and where I'm headed. And we did open with "Gouge Away" by the Pixies like I'd asked. So. We started out right and never let up. And it was so strange to be thinking about the music completely. AND NOT ABOUT HYDRO/PILLS AND WORRYING ABOUT RUNNING OUT TODAY/SUNDAY. They never really crossed my mind.

HOPE. Yes, HOPE was the second feeling I had. A way out. A new beginning. A chance to live again.
(1) Relief, (2) hope and (3) pride. Foreign feelings that felt so comforting to have back. Very freeing to not have the constant worry of pills on your mind. Just think of all the time time and focus you have now for your music.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there onmyway!

I'm just following along and wanted to wish you continued success! You have done a fantastic job and should be very proud of yourself!

Minnie nailed it with everything she said! Your on your way! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much Karen. You and everyone else have been such a blessing. My life is changing thanks to strangers help. I'll never forget this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello OMW!

Reading your story, with such a wonderful outcome, has put a smile on my face today. Congratulations! Sounds like everything is going great for you!
Keep up the great work, it only gets better and better from here.

Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi onmyway!

Glad to hear your night went well. I knew you'd have an easy transition. So, what is your plan? You mentioned that you had a few 8mg strips. Are you going to ride those out and taper down? Or do you plan on going the Suboxone maintenance route?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've got 4 more 8mg strips left. Yes I'm going to start tapering down in the next few days. I'll be here asking for help/instructions like before ;)
I can get as many strips as I need from my friend. It's pretty much open ended as far as supply goes. But my reason for starting wasnt to continue them. I'm hoping I can make this a 3-4 week process. If it takes longer then I'll adjust. But after one 48 hours almost I'm still in the phase of "HOLY SHIT THIS WORKS!!" haha

Thank you so much for asking. Literally feeling better about everything including life by the minute.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

UPDATE:
Well friends, it's Monday morning. And I'm feeling GREAT! Woke up about 30 min ago with just a small bit of anxiousness and a tiny headache. I took what I think will be my morning dose for the next few days. 2mg. And I'm already feeling better. Headache wise that is. My body continues to amaze me on this medicine. I have a early morning meeting with one of my equipment sponsors and our manager later and I've got absolutely no fear or worries. Also I'm not planning my week around PILLS!! Wondering where they will come from, what I'll do if I run out etc. My friend who gave me the 3 8mg strips to begin with stopped by last night to check on me and gave me 4 more of them. So I'm set for quite awhile. I'm taking very low doses so what I have will last me well into my taper. Other than my friend who gave me the subs you guys here are the only people who know I'm taking them. Also nobody knew I was addicted to pain killers. My desire to kick was so super strong I have to feel it has had some part in this transition being such a success so far. And I stress SO FAR because I know I'm still right at the start of my fight. I will not give up. But it's just so freaking strange!!!! I HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT PILLS IN 2 DAYS! I never had another craving once I took my first dose of sub. Anyway guys. Thanks one more time for helping me this weekend. I'm going to be a permanent member of this place so I can try and help others like I was so kindly helped. I don't have the techinical advice to give like some of you are so good at, but I can give encouragement to people starting. Until I've gathered more knowledge I'll be here cheering on folks who are afraid and alone like I was. I'm off to destroy this day!!! It's so F'ING cliche I know but I always wanted to say this....."first day of the rest of my life"!
Come on Monday.
Let's do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's so great CH!

We welcome you to our permanent member club! :D

Don't worry about the technical knowledge. You will learn that as you go, reading posts here from others with the knowledge is how I learned everything I know! We have such a great group of caring, smart people here. I just love them all! (feeling a little warm and fuzzy this morning.)

I am so proud of our little forum this week! We've had several people come here needing help and support and every one of them got what they needed! Yay team!!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much guys! You all rock!

Q

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well, that's awesome!!

It sounds like you're feeling like most of us who got on Suboxone. We were just dumbfounded at how it eliminated all wd, it smashes cravings to bits and you feel normal while on it. I did want to make sure that you knew Suboxone is an opiate, though....that's why it works so well. While it is an opiate, it's a "different" kind of opiate. Most opiates stimulate our opiate receptors with say 1000 volts (aka-being high as Jackson Browne), Suboxone only stimulates with it about 12 volts, so most people don't feel any kind of high.

As far as using suboxone for a detox tool, many have done that, but the relapse statistics are staggering for that route. A lot of us addicts feel we need some decent time on suboxone to get our shit together, change our shitty ways of coping (running to pills) and just get stable in life. The choice of detox only or maintenance is entirley up to you and we'll support you with whatever you decide.

Again, I'm so glad to hear Suboxone is working so well for you and I'm glad you're able to keep your dose low.