It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HELP HOW MUCH SUBOXONE ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just starting Suboxone and i was doing 20 to 25 30mg roxie's a day and
i have the 8mg suboxone's, how much do i need at one time ?
I just did one about 30 minutes ago but still feeling funny. Thanks for help.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hendrix wrote:
Just starting Suboxone and i was doing 20 to 25 30mg roxie's a day and
i have the 8mg suboxone's, how much do i need at one time ?
I just did one about 30 minutes ago but still feeling funny. Thanks for help.

Well I'm taking another half of Soboxone i still have the chills
and that's 45 min. after i took the first one. So maybe one is not enough
because i was on over 600mg of roxie's a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess i'm on my own here since no one replied to my thread, i don't understand why some take soboxone
for months or yrs. ? Maybe it keeps them away from their drug of choice? But aren't we doing this to get off everything
including soboxone ? Why would i need to continue soboxone, the first time i did soboxone i was done in 7 days
I kept taking lower dosage everyday. I think this time will be longer since the first time because i'm using a stronger narcotic.
The fist i came off of Lora tabs and this time it's roxie's and alot a day. The last 2 months i was using 20 to 32 pills in a 24 hour period, that's over 900mg a day and costing me $150 to $200 aday, and yes my bank acct. is alot lower.
I have to make it thru this or i'm going to have nothing left and lose it all so this has to work.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Give people little time to respond. As far as dosage what your doctors prefer that's what u take

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

RonnieSr79 wrote:
Give people little time to respond. As far as dosage what your doctors prefer that's what u take

I did't realy tell the doctor how much i was taking, on my 2nd day of soboxone
and doing ok. I could not imagine doing this cold turkey like i did once before
and then i was only using Lora tabs around 60mg a day for a year so stoping
roxies at 900mg a day would be hell without soboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Whoa...600mg of "Roxie"? Is that Oxycodone? That does sounds way to high to be controlled well by Suboxone, unless that is a higher dose opiate (which Oxy is not). As someone said in the other thread, you may have to start on Methadone first. Suboxone's effects begin to decrease when you take more than 2 pills, which is only 16mg, and I don't know if 2 pills is going to be enough for you to stop withdrawals. Are you getting this from a doc or from the street?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jackolantern wrote:
Whoa...600mg of "Roxie"? Is that Oxycodone? That does sounds way to high to be controlled well by Suboxone, unless that is a higher dose opiate (which Oxy is not). As someone said in the other thread, you may have to start on Methadone first. Suboxone's effects begin to decrease when you take more than 2 pills, which is only 16mg, and I don't know if 2 pills is going to be enough for you to stop withdrawals. Are you getting this from a doc or from the street?

Got the soboxone from my pain mgt. doctor who was writting me scrips of the roxie's but i was doing so many
that i had to get them from the street. I should have tried to tapper down a bit before starting soboxone but i know
myself it's either all or none but i think i'm going to be ok with the soboxone. Took 8mg yesterday at 4pm and did not
need one till 9am this morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Hendrix!

Yowza, you are between a rock and a hard place. Just curious about your understanding of Suboxone?....

When you take Suboxone, it has a stronger affinity for the opiate receptors than oxy/roxy's or other opiates. If you are in a pain management clinic - hopefully the doctor told you this. Why does it matter? For several reasons. You use Suboxone under the tongue, or painted on your gums right?

Your pain control will hit a max with Suboxone. You can read about it, but there is a 'ceiling effect' that happens with suboxone after you take so much. If you are in pain after the ceiling is reached - then taking any other opiate does nothing. That's the good news/bad news right? Most of us here were using opiates - past what they were originally prescribed for. In my case it started with Knee surgery - and I never went without some opiate after. One day I realized I was not really in any pain, but I was addicted, embarrassed, and all the stuff that goes with addiction.

Glad you are on Suboxone, but YOWZA - I just hope you are well educated on what you are doing. 600mgs.... I was on maybe 90mg's... Still, if your pain is in control - and you are on Suboxone, AWESOME.

Typically, this board is pretty fast to respond. I am away for work and I am just reading the forum after a few days.

Hopefully your pain-doctor has briefed you on what to expect. Recently I read on this forum about a person who was Rx'd
suboxone - but never told about sublingual - so he just swallowed them. Zippo effect of course. Others don't understand that suboxone will negate other opiates - which means we could take other opiates I suppose, but they won't work.

There is Naloxone in Suboxone that will kick in if you snort/shoot (at least shooting for sure). Then you get neither help from Buprenorphiene, or opiates. It's an anti-abuse 'good idea.'

Hey, keep us posted! I'm interested if the maximum dose of Sub can take away wd's from a 600mg a day user of roxicodone.

thanks for the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

LatheDude wrote:
Hi Hendrix!

Yowza, you are between a rock and a hard place. Just curious about your understanding of Suboxone?....

When you take Suboxone, it has a stronger affinity for the opiate receptors than oxy/roxy's or other opiates. If you are in a pain management clinic - hopefully the doctor told you this. Why does it matter? For several reasons. You use Suboxone under the tongue, or painted on your gums right?

Your pain control will hit a max with Suboxone. You can read about it, but there is a 'ceiling effect' that happens with suboxone after you take so much. If you are in pain after the ceiling is reached - then taking any other opiate does nothing. That's the good news/bad news right? Most of us here were using opiates - past what they were originally prescribed for. In my case it started with Knee surgery - and I never went without some opiate after. One day I realized I was not really in any pain, but I was addicted, embarrassed, and all the stuff that goes with addiction.

Glad you are on Suboxone, but YOWZA - I just hope you are well educated on what you are doing. 600mgs.... I was on maybe 90mg's... Still, if your pain is in control - and you are on Suboxone, AWESOME.

Typically, this board is pretty fast to respond. I am away for work and I am just reading the forum after a few days.

Hopefully your pain-doctor has briefed you on what to expect. Recently I read on this forum about a person who was Rx'd
suboxone - but never told about sublingual - so he just swallowed them. Zippo effect of course. Others don't understand that suboxone will negate other opiates - which means we could take other opiates I suppose, but they won't work.

There is Naloxone in Suboxone that will kick in if you snort/shoot (at least shooting for sure). Then you get neither help from Buprenorphiene, or opiates. It's an anti-abuse 'good idea.'

Hey, keep us posted! I'm interested if the maximum dose of Sub can take away wd's from a 600mg a day user of roxicodone.

thanks for the post.

I used soboxone before so i know a little about it thru doctors and today is day 5 and waiting as long as possible
to take one today, even with the soboxone the first few days i still felt W/D systems but nothing i could't handle
I feel the roxie's became like Crack to me, it was like every 30/45 mins. i was doing more and more.
Once i get off everything i have to find a way to deal with the back pain. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 am 
Hendrix - I'm glad you're doing better and I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery!
I'd like to go back to one of your prior posts and answer a question you asked. You wanted to know why anyone would want to stay on Suboxone for months or years. I'm going to be blunt here with my answer - Because we don't want to be like you. We don't want our disease to progress! We don't want to progress from Lortabs to Roxis, or from Roxis to Heroin, or from whatever opiate to the next stronger one. We don't want our bank accounts to be down to nothing again. We don't want to risk losing our loved ones because we keep screwing up. We don't want to lose everything. We don't want to be liars and cheats and thieves anymore. We don't want to worry about going to jail for buying drugs on the streets because our doctor can't write us another script yet. And most importantly, we want to live! Free from all the destruction of active addiction.
Sure, most of us would like to be completely drug free someday, but we've realized that in order to reach that goal there are a lot of things in our lives that have to change. Getting 'clean' sucks but staying clean long term is almost impossible statistically without inpatient treatment and constant meetings, therapy, etc. Suboxone offers another alternative - melt this orange pill under your tongue every day, keep the withdrawals at bay, and go on about your day (hey I made a little rhyme) This way you can go to meetings, get therapy on an outpatient basis, change your lifestyle in all the necessary ways, and gradually change your addictive behaviors, all the while able to keep your job, be there for your family, etc. All this takes time, a long time for most of us. Suboxone gives us hope, gives a chance at getting this recovery thing right.

Here's the deal - you've done the rapid taper with Suboxone before and obviously you've gotten into to trouble with opiates again. Why not try something different this time. Talk to your doctor about staying on Sub for a while this time. You have been taking insane amounts of oxycodone! I don't want you to die and I don't want your life to continue to go down the toilet. It's time to do something drastic, do something different!
We're all struggling here to find our way. I want my life to be better and I want yours to be better too. Think about what I've said and know that I do not say these things judgmentally and I say them knowing that there are things about you that I don't know. Please keep talking to us here and let us help you any way we can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

setmefree wrote:
Hendrix - I'm glad you're doing better and I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery!
I'd like to go back to one of your prior posts and answer a question you asked. You wanted to know why anyone would want to stay on Suboxone for months or years. I'm going to be blunt here with my answer - Because we don't want to be like you. We don't want our disease to progress! We don't want to progress from Lortabs to Roxis, or from Roxis to Heroin, or from whatever opiate to the next stronger one. We don't want our bank accounts to be down to nothing again. We don't want to risk losing our loved ones because we keep screwing up. We don't want to lose everything. We don't want to be liars and cheats and thieves anymore. We don't want to worry about going to jail for buying drugs on the streets because our doctor can't write us another script yet. And most importantly, we want to live! Free from all the destruction of active addiction.
Sure, most of us would like to be completely drug free someday, but we've realized that in order to reach that goal there are a lot of things in our lives that have to change. Getting 'clean' sucks but staying clean long term is almost impossible statistically without inpatient treatment and constant meetings, therapy, etc. Suboxone offers another alternative - melt this orange pill under your tongue every day, keep the withdrawals at bay, and go on about your day (hey I made a little rhyme) This way you can go to meetings, get therapy on an outpatient basis, change your lifestyle in all the necessary ways, and gradually change your addictive behaviors, all the while able to keep your job, be there for your family, etc. All this takes time, a long time for most of us. Suboxone gives us hope, gives a chance at getting this recovery thing right.

Here's the deal - you've done the rapid taper with Suboxone before and obviously you've gotten into to trouble with opiates again. Why not try something different this time. Talk to your doctor about staying on Sub for a while this time. You have been taking insane amounts of oxycodone! I don't want you to die and I don't want your life to continue to go down the toilet. It's time to do something drastic, do something different!
We're all struggling here to find our way. I want my life to be better and I want yours to be better too. Think about what I've said and know that I do not say these things judgmentally and I say them knowing that there are things about you that I don't know. Please keep talking to us here and let us help you any way we can!

WOW ! I realy want to thank you for that honest post and what you said is so true, i just did't realy understand
the whole reason behind Soboxone and now i do and i thank you for the info. I guess in my eye's it was just to get thru W/D
and not as a maintance program to keepfrom craving more. I'm 47 yrs old and never used anything for my back pain
untill i was 43 and yes i got off and went back on them because of the pain, but with my addictive personalty it did't take long for the addiction to kick in. Thanks for your post i helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 pm 
I totally understand. I was also in my forties when my addiction started. Sometimes I wonder if it's even harder for those of us who lived as "normies" all of our lives until we became addicted. We don't fit the mold of the average substance abuser who began abusing alcohol or drugs in their teens or early twenties. I almost think it's harder for us to wrap our minds around the fact that we cannot go back to the way we were before. The beast has been given life and it's not going to go back to sleep without an uzi-sized tranquilizer gun!! Add to that the fact that you still have chronic pain issues and it's a recipe for almost certain disaster.
I hope you'll consider staying on Suboxone longer this time because as you know the odds are against you staying clean once you get past the initial detox process. As I said before, sometimes you just have to try a different way. And in the long run, it doesn't matter how long you need to be on Sub if it keeps you healthy and alive!