It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello All~New to the forum. From what I see I am glad I found it, looks just like I was looking for.

Long story short I am trying to get back on Suboxone from a Heroin habit and having issues with the induction. I've been a Opiate addict for 20+ years. I have done it all, fome Heroin to two years of Methadone therapy, 4 years of Suboxone, w/ and without Doctors. Thats actually the part thats bugging me..I know Suboxone, I was one it for years under a Doctors care. But I keep getting sick when takin the box. This is my 3rd time trying to get on it now. I admitt this time is not with a Dr but I have waited 18-24 hours before my first dose. I do about a Gram a day if money is right, (heroin IV) but I can make a gram last 2 days if need be. Yesterday I did a small morning shot, around 9AM and then worked with cottons that I saved up the past week, a Perc 30 (Iv'd that) and a half of a OP 40. Probably took the OP @ 5PM or so and then I was done. Slept good as hell actually, woke up around 8AM needing a dose of something. It was early whithdrawl that woke me. Waited until 11AM and took just under a half a strip and started to feel like SHIT in about a 1/2 hour. Long story short I waited until about 2pm and broke down and got Dope. I want on the Subs tho..........am I just taking them way too early? I have always been able to go back and forth between shit and suboxone.....i dont get it.

Anyways, sorry for the ranting. Thanks if you actually read all this, maybe we will actually get to know one another.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Over the years, I've seen more and more posts like yours. It seems people who go back and forth between Suboxone and their drug of choice, especially if their drug of choice is heroin, they have a harder and harder time inducting onto Suboxone. I'm fairly certain it's a tolerance issue.

From reading your post, it does seem like you didn't wait long enough to induct. If you took 4mg of Suboxone (just under half a strip) and felt like hell fairly soon afterward, you basically threw yourself into precipitated wd.

Usually, the best way to induct onto Suboxone is to use the COWS worksheet. Google search COWS worksheet. COWS stands for Clinical Opiate Wd Scale. It helps you measure your wd to make sure you're ready to induct. The COWS is not infallible, but it's about the best option, usually.

Lowering your tolerance to H will also help. I really, really hate to say this, but maybe you can stay on H for a few days and lower your usage as you indicated you've done before.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the reply Romeo. There is a lot I can get into but trust me when I say I have been around the block. I know all about Cows and I was honestly @ a fifteen so I thought I would be fine. Thank God I only did around 4mgs because I have went into full blown PW before and that is nothing nice. I am starting to think that it really does get harder and harder the older we get. By harder I mean withdraw symptoms and such. I know opiates do cause permanent chemistry changes within our body and those changes are not for the good.

I agree w/ you on the tapering. I gotta G today so I will stretch that out all the way through tomorrow and try the Subs again Thursday. I really hope this works, I;m a idiot for getting hooked back up again. I remember a couple months ago when I was beating myself up because I would go thru a Strip in 4 days!!!! Now look at me. WTF........Well thanks for listening. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck. Suboxone literally saved my life in the past and I know it can for everyone else. So its more than worth it IMO