It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: no help from my doctor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So, been on subs for a few years now and in the taper process. Tonight I will be forced into the withdrawal process. I have had the same doctor for years. This month, the week of my refill appointment happens to be the same week of my vacation and I leave tonight. Last week, in anticipation of missing my appt, I called my drs office to ask for a refill and let them know I was going out of town. She is only in the office Tues and Thurs. I left a message both days and never got a call back. Today (the day I leave), I called again just to see if maybe she wrote it and no one called me. Nope. The nurse I spoke withsaid she would try to get in touch with her but highly doubted it. So, I am faced with withdrawals on my vacation. Hoorah for me! I cant believe my doctor just totally blew me off. I have never missed an appt, have always tested clean on my drug screens and have been following our taper plan to the letter, so it baffles me that she just wont call me back, especially after I called her twice last week. So, I have decided to ride it out and just be done with subs and jump off at 2 mgs. I have no choice really and once I get back in town, I will be off subs for 8 days. No point turning back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:30 pm 

Hi Trainer! I would be so pissed too! I'm fortunate with my doctor that he will do a phone appointment if, for some reason, I can't get into the office.

In fact, I'm going to be gone for a little over a month this summer and my doctor will be writing the script for 45 2mg strips instead of 30, which is my regular. Your doctor is a jerk!

I hope you can still manage to enjoy your vacation and that you don't feel too crappy. Do you have a helpful meds for withdrawal? Any clonidine or xanax? At least get yourself some immodium!

Good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can't believe something like this is legal! Some people could have very bad reactions during withdrawal. Good luck, I hope you can enjoy the first part of your vacation at least. CC

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its quite disappointing to say the least and I am almost tempted to skip going out of town but I refuse to relent. Doctors can really suck sometimes. I did everything I thought I should, calling a week ahead, calling on the days she was in the office and got blown off. I told my husband that this was it, my "sign" to just be done with it all. I am sick of the monthly visits, worrying about scheduling work around my appt, etc. I just hope my vacation isnt totally ruined. Cold turkey scares the hell out of me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's so frustrating reading stories like yours. Doctors who send their patients into wd like that should be forced to endure the same. Bet they would have a change of heart after that!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would just show up at the office and explain whats going on, they would have to be really heartless to turn you away in person. Withdrawal is serious and the ole "oh it won't kill you" attitude that is thought of opiate withdrawal is sickening. This type of BS is exactly why I have my own just in case stock pile for these types of situations, ive been blown off one two many times when its rigth down to the wire to fill my meds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just read this and curious what you ended up doing?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Emmy ñ

Trainer14's story in stopping suboxone section is called "doing it". It's a very long, detailed, but amazingly inspirational thread about her journey from her jump at 2 mgs to being several months sub free, and doing awesome now! It's a great read if you've got time. She's a real trooper and has inspired many with her story.