It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i have been using heroin for about a year now this time around. every other time i quit cold turkey. this time i dont havve the luxury of taking the time off from work needed to do so. a friend of mine gavve me a few suboxone and told me to break them (8mg) into 4 pieces (2mg) and to wait 24hrs from my last use before taking the first 2mg dose. i havve never used suboxone before and from what i havve read, i dont want to take it to early. can anyone give me some advice on what i should do please. I have to quit and i really want to. i would go cold turkey if i could take the time off from work but i cant. any advice please!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to let someone else discuss details about avoiding precipitated withdrawal. I just want to urge to realize that treating withdrawal over the short-term, over and over, is a loser's game. We've all been there.... at the end of our addictions, when we were sick of it enough to stop using, over and over, to the point where we were sick ALL of the time! Do yourself a favor and think about the process... and consider stopping the roller coaster for the long-term, either through investing in personality-change through the steps, or finding a long-term prescriber of buprenorphine. Either approach can work, although the first requires more personal investment than the second.

You can bridge yourself through the sickness using buprenorphine/suboxone. But the real power of the medication occurs in people who use it to say goodbye to opioid agonists forever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 pm 

Hope you will consider what Suboxdoc has said. Ive said it many times here and have lived it myself, but "Its not the Stopping its the Staying Stopped ".
Talk about a roller coaster! But you most like know this.
You ve said it yourself:"this time around". Was it like the last time or the time before that?..What about the next time? The next time will come. It came for Phil Hoffman and we know what happened there.

You didn't come here for a lecture and I hope you don't take all of this the wroug way. We just care. We want people to have a chance to beat the crap out of this pandemic of opiate addiction and Buprenorphine (Sub) is the best thing out there.
You may have read some "bad" things about this med. Sorry, but any issue on side effects and such do not out weigh the full benefits this med provides.
Is it hard to get off of? Ya. It can be. If not done properly. .so... Hopefully you will talk to your friend who gave this sub and ask where and how to get started...hope ya do..

2mgs taken after full WD, As much as you can stand in the 24 hour period should get you started. See it your simptoms drop a tad after 30 mins or so then maybe 2mgs more. See how you do at 4mgs after two or three hours. It ll take 60 to 90 minutes to get fhe full effect of your dosing. So do not rush it . .

Keep posting, were here for you man.... :D

Razor