It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I got into see a doctor over my pain pill addiction. He put me on suboxone, it saved my life. I felt better than I had in years. I was doing good the first 2 1/2 months, then a so called friend stole my script. It was 2 weeks before my next doctors visit. I couldn't prove that she stole it & I didn't call my doctor because they will not refill a suboxone script if its lost or stolen. I thought I could make it til I went back to the doctor. I couldn't, I ended up taking pain pills & screwing up. When I went back to the doctor I had to take a drug test & failed. I knew if I told him the truth he wouldn't believe me because he really never spent time with me when I went to my appts. He would just come in & hand me my script & walk out. I thought all was ok because you have to fail 2 drug tests to get kicked out of the program. He gave me my script & then 2 weeks later I got a letter saying he was no longer going to treat me. This was in december, I haven't been able to find a doctor that will take my medicaid and I am losing my mind. I do have a couple of friends that get suboxone & they do help me out at times when they think I might be getting ready to start on pills again. I just need help finding a doctor here in Indianapolis. :cry: What really gets me is that my so called friend found a doctor and got on suboxone & she doesn't take it. I fight the urge everyday to take a pill, thank God for my 2 friends that help me. But I don't expect them to help me out forever. Most doctors want money & I can't pay because I am unemployed & job hunting. I tried to get another doctor at the same place where my 1st doctor was & was told that even though there are 5 doctors there that do the suboxone program they won't take me because I failed 1 test. BUT they said I could go some place else & get a doctor. WHERE??????????? I can't find 1. Can someone please help me?

Post subject: find a doc
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I did a search on Indiana and it returned over 100 docs, many in Indy.

Suboxone Doc Search Page

Post subject: Meridian Health Group
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Meridian Health Group in Carmel is a good place. Dr. Arbuck. It's not cheap at first until they can trust you not to come every month.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: doctors in indy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have called every doctor within 20 miles of where I live & none of them take my insurance & I cannot go further out because of no vehicle. as for the Dr. in Carmel I can't afford him. But thanks to Jimmy & Orfythegreat for trying to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are several great sub doctors here in Indy. Dr. Tim Kelly works out of Fairbanks Hospital off of 82nd Street. He might have a waiting list but when I lost health insurance coverage through my parents when I turned 26 he was only charging me $50 a visit every 2 months. I had been seeing him for a couple years before that and I haven't relapsed or failed a drug screen that entire time but still $50 is EXTREMELY reasonable! If you go to NAABT.org you can find some doctors close by and you can "apply" to be a patient, see how much they charge, how often they like to see you, and find out what their prospective beliefs are about maintenance treatment. Hang in there I promise if there is a will there is a way!

Post subject: Indy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I used to see a sub doc in Indy............hardly any take insurance. He charges $100 across from St. Vincents Hospital.......Dr Bakul Patel............good guy..Good Luck

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Sajal Bose is in Greenwood by 65 and Emerson at Valle Vista. Charges $100 1st visit and $50 visit there after. He does take insurance, but I am not sure which ones and if Medicaid is included. He is an awesome doc who usually spends about 1/2 hour with me, more or less time as I need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If it weren't a 5 hour drive to Indianaoplis however you spell it, Id be going there for my Sub doctor visits instead of here in KY. Here the cheapest that I can find is 280, no one takes insurance not that I have it but if I could find someone that did, Id get insurance. None of them will write refills, or Subutex.
Now my doctor is a good guy, BUT Ive begged the fellar to write me Subutex and he wont do it. Oh well, anyways after I found this so called friend and smacked the holy snot out of her for stealing my medicine (not saying you should do it, but it would cross my mind), I would go to one of these fellars that they have gave you names of. My mother in law used to sit at her kitchen table and count her pills every month.
Well the people that lived upstairs knew this, because she would keep her blinds open infront of her kitchen table. Well one month, she wasn't thinking and she left the front door cracked. They ran in her door, grabbed her pills off her table and ran. Just so happened that they grabbed her pain medicine and she HAD to have it, she couldn't walk to the bathroom without it. She had metal in her back from a spinal fusion and was in chronic pain everyday. My husbands cousin jumped up and chased them out the door, down the sidewalk and proceeded to have a car chase after them. They called the law, made a police report and the doctor that she was seeing wouldn't write her the same meds that she was taking, BUT he did write her something similar to get her through the month.
She was on Dilaudid at the time, and when she took in the police report the guy just felt bad for her and he wrote her Lortab's. Atleast she had something, compared to Dilaudid its not a lot but it did keep her from crying in agony all month long.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It seems like its getting harder and harder to find a Suboxone doc and I'm having to drive crazy distances to be seen. I finally found a clinic near Indy that just opened up so luckily was still accepting new patients. I used https://www.treatmentmatch.org/index.php to find this clinic and I highly recommend that anyone looking for a doc use this website which is completely anonymous and connects you directly with clinics in your area. I also recommend the website http://www.suboxone-directory.com/ or http://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assist ... an-locator as alternative websites to find a doc although I find that these are often outdated and half the physicians listed either aren't accepting new patients or no longer prescribing. Good luck!