It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok guys. First off , I am 240000% sure I did not use and was clean the day I did my drug test . But
I am on probation, I drug test twice a week . I only have 3 weeks left until I am off probation. I live in Indiana . For New year's I decided to go to new York . I left on Friday . And returned home Tuesday the 2nd at 6 am, then went to go take my drug test . There is no way in hell I could hsfeu used drugs if I even wanted to . I don't know anyone in New York . So Friday to Tuesday is 5 days . Even if I used before I left (but I didn't) this is not possible. I wouldn't even want to because I'm too close to being done . My po said I can have a 2nd test done on the sample and pay 45 dollars . Which I did . But I'm so stressed out . So confused. Irritated. Because I Kno without a doubt that I did not use .

Not I'm not sure if this is true . But the guy who takes my urine said that since my drug of Choics is opiates . And my drug test comes back diluted. They mark it as a fail and write down what ever drug I failed for in the past . But I'm not sure if that is true .

But I filled out a form to contest the sample and she says 3 other people contested their drug screen this month and all 3 have came back and said they won their case . Which helps me feel a little bit better. But I just don't understand why or how this can happen to me when I'm so close to being completed. Anyone been thru this situation before? Please help me out .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 pm 

Did they give you any information about why you failed the test?

I tend to agree with your friend. If your sample is diluted they will often fail you. My friend had to do UAs for a DUI, and she would get really nervous about having someone watch her pee. So she tried drinking lots and lots of water thinking that it would help her go and not have shy bladder. Well, instead, they failed her for a diluted urine test. It does happen, unfortunately.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am 

Hey que!

I know the stress of violating probation, I violated a few times but the difference between u and I is I really was using and deserved to fail. I'm sure everything will be fine, and that diluted issue does tend to set ppl off thinking we're trying to pull one over on them. My doctor asked me a few months ago if I was trying to dilute mine and I freaked completely out. He literally talked to me like I was trying to hide something and that really ticks me off. I said if I haven't had one failed drug screen in 6 years then why don't u give me the benefit of the doubt! I never heard anything else about it but that's how serious they take it when ur urine is somewhat diluted. I bet that's what it was.

I hope u feel a little more at ease, I can only imagine how stressful that is plus ur probation officer probably understands what a waste that would be when u only have such a short time left of probation, I think it'll be fine :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was drug-tested for six years by the medical board twice per week, 17 years ago. every single one was witnessed. I would get to the lab after my residency shift, wait while the lab called a man in from home (they would not let women witness men), then do the test and drive the 80 minutes to home. Long, difficult days. But they pass quicker than I expected.

The 'second test' is 100% accurate, so if you didn't use, and nobody mixed up your sample, then you are fine. The main risk is that your sample got mixed up with some else's, but that should be prevented by having you initial the cup and witness the handling. Those things are VERY important for everyone to do when monitored by UA's, because your license/freedom is riding, almost completely, on the sample being handled correctly.

Good luck- hope you get done with all of that soon!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 am 

My clinic has someone go inside the bathroom with u during screens. If ur a female then a female lab employee goes in and a male if ur a male. It hasn't ever bothered me, but I'm actually lucky because the female med tech that goes in with the ladies is a high school friend of mine. We actually were roommates on our senior trip to the beach. I never imagined one day this is where we'd regularly see each other again. She's great though, never has treated me any different.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's not for my Suboxone script , I've never failed a drug test for that . Accept one time where they said I failed for something with their in office test . But the lab test came back clean.?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 am 

The lab test came back clean?? That's awesome!!!

It's really upsetting when you are working hard at doing the right thing and following the rules and you get a false positive like that!

So, what was the test for if not for suboxone? Also, is it typical in Indiana to be able to be on buprenorphine while on probation? I imagine that there are many jurisdictions that don't allow people on probation to take bupernorphine. It's certainly not allowed in most prison systems.

I'm very happy for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm 

Yeah I knew it was for ur probation. I was just saying my clinic does our drug screening like my probation officer did when I was on probation..... the going into the bathroom with u and watching u pee. I always worry about that dilution issue because my doctor said my urine was diluted one time and it really upset me because he talked kind of like I was trying to dilute it. That hurt my feelings a little because I've never failed a screen in 6 years lol. I can only imagine how u felt with ur situation Q. Probation is very important and to have a mistake like that happen is a nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No , I was talking about for my Dr not probation, no info on that yet and it's been 2 weejs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:18 pm 

Could you please explain a little more about how your probation works? Are they allowing you to be on buprenorphine? What does probation test for?

Could you tell us what your doctor expects compared to what your PO expects? I'm confused.

Thank you!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sure. I am on probation for drug poession, in my county , if a doctor has prescribe you any type of medicine they can not say you can't take it on probation. Even if it is oxys. You can be on it with a prescription. With probation I'm drug tested twice a week. And can not take any illegal drugs or drink . Prescription is legal .

With my doctor I test once a week and he don't want any narcotics accept what he gives me or weed. He don't mind me smoking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have had 2 FALSE POSITIVES during my suboxone maintenance treatment... each time I was "dirty" for opiates even tho I did not use. I was crying because I KNEW no one would believe an addict if they say they didnt use, (even though they have a dirty screening) because it happens ALL THE TIME, and I was even more upset because I was being 100% HONEST. We always hear people dropping dirty for multiple substances, and they are pleading their case saying "I NEVER USED ANYTHING! THIS ISNT RIGHT!" So I was scared I was going to be kicked out without a chance to prove myself.

I told them to take my blood and test it or do a mouth swab!! As the urine tests they use are SOOO cheap looking... Both times, I was told to drink some water and take another test. and both times, sure enough, the second test showed I only had buprenorphine in my system.......

I was SO frustrated and honestly offended that I wasn't taken seriously (even though I understand why people do not trust addicts), but it still hurt.. I'm just grateful they gave me a second chance to prove I was being honest!!

I still have no idea why this happened, and EVERY month when I have to go to my suboxone group, I get filled with terrible anxiety, worrying I will have another false positive. I hate going just because of how bad my anxiety gets before I have to go, in fear that this will happen again and no one will believe that I have not used. It worries me even more because I have not used or relapsed in the past 3.5 years and I have completely changed my life. and its easy for us to feel like everyone thinks we lie about everything and are judging us because that is what we are used to!

If they are really going to mark you as a positive on your drug tests just for having diluted urine, I would be annoying and drink an entire cup of coffee and eat some asparagus before every drop you have to do, so when they have to test your urine it smells like a steaming bag of trash LOL :D

Then all that caffeine would give your urine some color (AND stench!) hehehe

As for the weed, even if your doctor is OK with it, it IS still illegal... and if you plan on getting off probation anytime soon I would stay away from it, you made it this far, and are almost done! as long as you follow the rules, you should be ok..

Good luck, I guess I just wanted to let you know that this DOES happen to other addicts, even when we are 100% honest, we will always get people who question our recovery and whether we have really remained on the "straight and narrow". Hope you at least got a laugh out of this.