It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone know if the ER will or can prescribe a strip or two if need be? A new rule went into effect since my last visit which prevents my Dr. from seeing patients with out either an Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana license. Seeing I just moved to Cincinnati recently, I only have my CA license. Went to the DMV to simply get an OH license or ID and I was turned away since my Birth Certificate isn't an "official" copy. Smh. I'm in the process d having California send me the proper documents but it's going to take a few days at least and as of yesterday I'm all out of suboxone. Any help would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am checking with the ER right now for you. waiting for a call back. I know someone that works at one. I am pretty sure they will.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

U have to have a script showing you are the patient. Your Drs name n phone n how much you are taking. She said your prescription bottle will work

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

O wow! Thank You. Is this hospital in OH? N could you give the name of the Hospital by any chance? Again, Thank You sooo much! You can imagine the mental strain im going through at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Alanna

If the ER won't help there are two other options...have your CA sub doc prescribe a few strips or go to the OH sub doc and he can write an emergency script. Usually it's for one week. But they can only write one emergency script.

Hope you find one of the options works until you get the paperwork you need. Can you get a non license ID at DMV? Would that work?

Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Alanna

If the ER won't help there are two other options...have your CA sub doc prescribe a few strips or go to the OH sub doc and he can write an emergency script. Usually it's for one week. But they can only write one emergency script.

Hope you find one of the options works until you get the paperwork you need. Can you get a non license ID at DMV? Would that work?

Long Time Member
Long Time Member

double post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tiki, thanks but the thing is, My doc is here in Cincinnati. I've been seeing him for nearly a year (since moving here) but the new law went into effect right after my last visit. So the only doc I have is the one turning me away until I get a proper OH, KY, or IN id. He even refused to write an emergency script. I stayed for at least an additional hour trying to speak to anyone/climbing up the ladder. Ultimately the answer was No. I just retrieved my pharmacy transcripts though, so I'm hoping the ER will help. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Alan,
The ER in Cincinnati won't do it for you? The ER I called is in Gallipolis, Ohio. It is 100 miles away from you. I never called any in Cincinnati.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea they won't do it. Told me anywhere I go in the Cincinnati metro area is going to tell me I need to go to my doctor. Period smh..idk what to do now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That is odd! I wonder why? Well Gallipolis has a big Heroin problem, had 5 deaths from ODs in one week a couple moths back. And Gallipolis is a small town. They will even give out Narcan (Naloxone)if you ask for it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So after spending pretty much a full work day trying to figure my situation out. I was able to get one sub. Hopefully I can make this last for three to five days. Thanks for all the timely advice!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am sorry about your situation. Did you finally find one at an ER somewhere? You didn't drive all the way to Gallipolis did you? I would have thought that any ER would have given you at least a couple considering the situation you were in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I live in southbend or what others call Notre Dame Indiana, the college, and it is try that some doctors are not allowed to accept people out of state, some do allow ID from out of state but not most. and especially PM docs. but when it comes to giving subs...it is against the low for them to perscribe you a months worth but any doctor is allowed to perscribe one person subs for 3-5 days a year for u to get to ur normal doctor. so you cant get any from the ER unless its perscribed for 3 days and no more
]