It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I'm feeling very relieved about my decision to start suboxone. I tried so hard to quit the old fashioned way, going cold turkey from doing 100+ mgs a day of oxy--twice. The withdrawls were the absolute worst thing I have ever endured and once they were gone the mental part kicked in and made the withdrawls look easy in comparison.

I went to my family doctor today to ask him to prescribe sub to me and he hadn't even heard of sub before!! I couldn't believe it. I told him about the other doctor and he advised me to go and see him to start sub because the other doctor obviously has more experience with it. So on Monday I will not do any oxy and endure some withdrawls and then come Tuesday I will be seeing the doctor and starting sub. Thanks Ginger for pointing out that I should make sure I have a pharmacy near me that carries suboxone. I made some calls and surprisingly enough there are actually 2 close by that carry it. Thank goodness, I'm going to call them back though and ask them to make sure they put some aside for me to make absolute sure that come Tuesday I can get my dose.

Wow, I can't beleive the end of this roller coaster is in sight. It's not a moment too soon, I'm just hoping and praying that sub works for me as well as it has others. How will I feel on sub? I wonder. I don't even really get high on oxys anymore. I just get "normal". Can I expect the same from sub? Also I am planning on getting involved in some intensive aftercare. That is something I believe to be very important to recovery. Sub will take care of the physical stuff but the mental part - the worst part of addiction in my opinion, is what I need to address. There are underlying issues that I need to finally face. The abuse I suffered as a child, the death of my mother from her addictions that caused me unimaginable pain, the guilt I carry for a number of reasons and the list goes on.. I have been doing drugs since I was 14 years old and discovered pot. i have suffered from severe depression and anxiety since childhood and with drugs I thought I found the answer. It numbed my pain and let me forget the things that ate away at my brain. It hushed the mind chatter and gave me peace - for awhile until it all caught up with me. Then I found myself hating myself and my life and could not believe what I had become. Now with sub I finally have a chance to regain the life I lost and focus on my goals and interests that have long since been put on the back burner.

I finally have hope for the first time in a very long time. Thanks again everyone for your insight and encouragement. I'll be posting regularly here as I feel very comfortable at this forum. There was another forum I really liked but they are very anti-sub over there and believe abstinance based recovery is the only way. I don't believe in a one size fits all approach to recovery. Everyones different and people need to do whats right for them and take the path that works for them. Sorry for the long post, lol. I have a mini novel going here so I'll close in saying THANK YOU and God bless !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Please let us know how you are doing!
I started sub in 2005.Have been on it ever since. Started on high doses and am now on 1mg. LESS is better IF you can hansle it (IN MY opinion) Listen to your Dr of course!
I hope you are well on your way to freedom from opiates abuse!