It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font]

First time post here because i'm basically lost and on edge and have no clue what to do,
my doctor left for vacation for 4 weeks
and i have completely ran out of my suboxone script (from the previous month),
i called the office and they basically told me to bad you have to wait till he comes back or call your
primary doctor ( he doesn't write suboxone scripts) i have no clue what to do, i've been doing so good for over a year and
i don't want to loose it, i know my doctor only cares about my insurance ( he charges things i never heard of to it 2,000 worth) for just a visit and drug test each month
does anyone know of anything or any other options?
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What happened that you ran out? Did you miss an appointment before s/he went on vacation or what?

What dose are you on? And how long until your next prescription?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum angelica. Maybe you can take your Suboxone box with your Rx info on it and explain your situation to your primary care doctor, and he might prescribe them to you this one time, under these circumstances. He could even call your sub doctor's office to verify that he is on vacation, and he will see proof that you have a legitimate Rx.

It might be worth a try to make an appointment and talk to him just to see what he says. I wouldn't even explain it to whoever answers the phone when you make your appt because they might just shoot you down right there. But if you actually make the appt for a general check up or something, and go to the appt and talk to him in person with your Rx in hand, he might be a little more lenient.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TAURUS has given you some spot-on advise here,,,,,

if I were YOU, id do just that.

see, my doctor broke his leg I think three days before my 90 day appointment. I showed up and it was some "fill in" doctor, but he WOULD NOT write my RX for suboxone.

so of course I left, and called my 'primary' doctor, they got me an appt the VERY next day, and I brought my last Rx info, and all that, explained myself, and she wrote me my perscription. I think she had called my doctor, just to verify and cover her ass, but you know even if your doctors on vacation, the office can STILL get ahold of them!!!

taurus is right too, whoever you get on the phone is just going to blow you off, think about how many phone calls they probly get per day of people saying they need there meds!!! like pain pills and such, lol

ANYWAYS, good luck, thats the best advise I can give, becuase I was in almost the same situation. and it was only like a month ago, so I was right at my 'one year' mark as well!!!

just try to stay calm, and for sure make the appt!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks you guys are the first helpful responses i've gotten from anyone, i didn't miss my appointment's because i just go monthly, im on 8 mg and i completely ran out for last month, and my primary doctor says only certain doctors can write suboxone scripts in the state of florida but im going to try on monday anyways and show him everything and explain the situation, and i believe i was being blow off because my other doctor says the fill in doctor can't write my script, because again they say only certain doctors can write suboxone scripts but yes i have all of my rx boxes, so monday im going to give it a try, thanks for all of your answers.[font=Arial Black] [/font]