It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for over 9mths now and i noticed it no longer is working as of the last week or so?
when i first started subs i felt great,had energy, had NO interest in opiates at all,was enjoying life.
Now i feel tired all the time,irratable and am starting to think about using oc's again?
I dont get it? does one become immuned to suboxone after a time on it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI
sorry your not feeling so great these days, that's NO good!!!

you know, after being on this site over a year now, it's a fairly common occurance that
people feel MUCH better on a MUCH LOWER dose of suboxone after time.

that's why many people decide a "low maintenance dose" is for them.

sometimes (a lot of times) it's only 1-2mg a day.
there's a general consesus that LESS suboxone makes you feel BETTER...............

me, I can't seem to get below 12mg, and Ive been on it for 18 mos..... but that IS down from 24, and I DO
feel MUCH better........
just for an example anyways....

So, can I ask how much you are taking? and have you tried lowering your dose???
you don't really have anything to lose by lowering it.........

me, I kinda did it becuz of financial issues/paying cash for my perscription.... but Im really glad I did now.

Im going to go look around and see if I can find any old threads about this, I know there's some around.

GOOD LUCK
and feel free to ask anything else, I didnt answer!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's a couple worth reading..............................

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4596

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4834

HOPE this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This didn't happen to me so much while I was on Suboxone, but I did notice while on pain pills if I got sick, the pain pills seemed to lose a lot of their effectiveness.

Also, have you started any kind of new supplements or vitamins? Some drugs interact with Suboxone and cause it to not work so well.

You could also try what Amber said. Maybe you just need to adjust your dose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
HI
sorry your not feeling so great these days, that's NO good!!!

you know, after being on this site over a year now, it's a fairly common occurance that
people feel MUCH better on a MUCH LOWER dose of suboxone after time.

that's why many people decide a "low maintenance dose" is for them.

sometimes (a lot of times) it's only 1-2mg a day.
there's a general consesus that LESS suboxone makes you feel BETTER...............

me, I can't seem to get below 12mg, and Ive been on it for 18 mos..... but that IS down from 24, and I DO
feel MUCH better........
just for an example anyways....

So, can I ask how much you are taking? and have you tried lowering your dose???
you don't really have anything to lose by lowering it.........

me, I kinda did it becuz of financial issues/paying cash for my perscription.... but Im really glad I did now.

Im going to go look around and see if I can find any old threads about this, I know there's some around.

GOOD LUCK
and feel free to ask anything else, I didnt answer!!!!!

When i first started SuBs i was on only 2-4MG a day and i felt great, over time i increased to 8-1/2 mgs now.
I really think you are right that the lower dose works better overall.
I am going to lower my dose back to 4mg's then down to 2mgs, thanks for all the help everyone

Post subject: Hold on there partner
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:17 pm 

Hi Roadsend,

Your last post has me concerned about you. This is what you said:

"I am going to lower my dose back to 4mg's then down to 2mgs, thanks for all the help everyone"

That sounds like a very large drop from 8 to 4mgs unless you've done it before. The slower you taper the less chance you have of feeling any discomfort. I would go from 8 to 6mg's, wait two weeks and then go to 4. Stay there for two weeks and go to 3mg's. Then 2 and see how you feel. Are taking the 8mg films or the 2's? If you are on the 8's then I'd ask the Dr for the 2mg ones as it's really easy to taper down from those.

Just don't want you to do something you'll regret. Also, don't think that being on 2mg's will stop the fatigue. I got down to 1mg and still felt it, but not as much so it will be an improvement.

Let us know how it goes,

Rule

P.S. I deleted the other thread per your request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like you've built up a tolerance to the initial effects of Suboxone. This is pretty standard. You mention that when you first got on it, you felt energetic and happy. It sounds like you might have been getting a bit of a buzz. This fades over time however and then you become "stabilised" on a dose that reduces cravings without making you feel any kinda opioid effect.

Once you're stabilised however, you don't lose ALL your cravings. People still get cravings on Sub, it just helps them manage it.

Something else you might be experiencing is the urge to "dose-creep" I get these urges from time to time. What happens for me is that after a while of sitting on any dose, maybe a number of months or a year, I start getting withdrawals before I have my next dose. In the past I have ended up using when I felt like that, sometimes for a few days. Then when I went back on Sub my dose had to be raised because of how much I'd been using. The extra 2mg stopped the withdrawals, and kept me even until maybe 6-12 months later when the same thing happened. I started off on 6mg of suboxone, and now I'm on 12.

However the important thing is I'm managing to deal with these mild withdrawals without using, so I don't think I'll give into the urge to dose-creep anymore!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Roadsend,

Your last post has me concerned about you. This is what you said:

"I am going to lower my dose back to 4mg's then down to 2mgs, thanks for all the help everyone"

That sounds like a very large drop from 8 to 4mgs unless you've done it before. The slower you taper the less chance you have of feeling any discomfort. I would go from 8 to 6mg's, wait two weeks and then go to 4. Stay there for two weeks and go to 3mg's. Then 2 and see how you feel. Are taking the 8mg films or the 2's? If you are on the 8's then I'd ask the Dr for the 2mg ones as it's really easy to taper down from those.

Just don't want you to do something you'll regret. Also, don't think that being on 2mg's will stop the fatigue. I got down to 1mg and still felt it, but not as much so it will be an improvement.

Let us know how it goes,

Rule

P.S. I deleted the other thread per your request.

Thanks for your concern and info, i did skimp on my post, i will be sure to reduce at a very slow pace.
I will drop slowly to avoid any WD' symptoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TeeJay wrote:
It sounds like you've built up a tolerance to the initial effects of Suboxone. This is pretty standard. You mention that when you first got on it, you felt energetic and happy. It sounds like you might have been getting a bit of a buzz. This fades over time however and then you become "stabilised" on a dose that reduces cravings without making you feel any kinda opioid effect.

Yes i will agree and this is what i feared. See i was also diagnosed with Bi-polar,with anxiety disorder and even OCD and the sub was really helping with those probs too and not just for my oxy addiction.
For the first 8 months i felt on top of the workl on the subs and only just recently i have been feeling those old bad things coming back(some depression,more anxiety and even my ocd is a bit more out of control now too)
for those months the suboxone had me "feeling on top of the world" i was convinced i found my miracle drug since it was getting rid of all those other symptoms. I guess there is no way to just start over huh?