It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for over a year now. Most with the same Dr but I was relapsing and he wouldn't up my dose so I ended up finding a new dr who would. Been going for 2 months and I just got called in for a count. Have to be there in the morning and I am 4 short. I take one more on days I work 10-11 hours and one less on my off days or even shorter days. My biggest concern is them taking away what I have left for the month. Can they do this? I am new there and they almost make me feel unwanted. There's a lot of people who go there but also more than one Dr. I need the truth and help with what I'm about to deal with. I almost don't want to go and just find new dr or go back to my old one but that leaves me paying more and not getting the right dose. Can they take my medicine away for being 4 short? And I got my script a week ago so I know that makes it worse. Please anyone help

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:35 pm 

Hey Thatgirl,

Sorry u didn't get an answer yet, since u posted yesterday about getting called in for a count today, I'm assuming ur already going through what u were needing advice with. Honestly I don't know how it goes when u get called in for counts, I've never had to go through it at my clinic. I don't know that they're allowed to take ur remaining medicine, surely not because that sounds way unfair but honestly I still don't know. I hope someone else can help answer this. I'm positive there's lot's of ppl who get counts by their doctors.

I know that has to be scary. If ur still running out early after switching doctors, maybe when u explain to them why ur short, they'll help u get to a better place where ur not running out too soon. I know us addicts hate to ask for more medicine, it makes us feel like the Dr is just seeing us as seeking more for bad reasons. But sometimes our doses needs to be adjusted or we will run short and that's just how it happens. Of course there's others out there who want higher doses for negative reasons and that is what makes us paranoid that the Dr is going to think that's our intentions too. So I get feeling bad about asking for more, but u just have to and hope ur Dr can see ur genuine. So I really hope everything went well for u today....let us know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is no way I or anyone here could predict what your provider might TRY to do. However, as a matter of law, they cannot take your property. Could they take your watch or your shoes? I'm assuming you PURCHASED the bup and it is yours? You own it, correct? How can they take your property? They can certainly refuse to refill it but steal it from you? I can tell you if anyone tries to steal my property regardless of what it is, they will have an all out fight on their hands.

Hopefully they treat you as a medical patient and not a criminal but as many of us have found, people think they can change or even make up new rules when it comes to addiction. I would not allow them to take your property.

I'm sorry I did not reply yesterday when this would have helped more. I do hope you will update us with what happened today.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I sent you a private message-- hope things work out!