It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had previously inquired about all the maximum aborption talk and was directed to a blog post and several forum posts describing the technique in detail. Well.....I bit into my pill and attemped to make paste and spread it on the sides of my cheeks, roof of mouth etc. Well I ended up getting an involuntary mouthful of saliva and most of the pill went down my throat!! I did not re-dose cuz I thought I'd be ok......But I felt like crap toward the evening and woke in the middle of the night with horrible night sweats. Can anyone give me maybe a little more detail of how they do it??? I might just leave well enough alone since the original method of me just putting under my tongue and forgetting about it always worked just fine but I am still interested in how to accomplish this. Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I usually just leave the pill under my tongue, and constantly check the "consistency" of it. When it turns into a pastey solution, I take it with my tongue and rub it all over the roof of my mouth. Listen, don't feel a NEED to change your dosing protocol because you read of ways that work better for OTHERS.

At the end of the day, if the way you are doing is working for you, than there really isn't a need to change it up. If it's working for you, than obviously the suboxone itself is working. Right!? Trying new things out is good, but not if it ends up wasting a pill, then requiring you to take more than what you're prescribed and possibly running short before your next visit.

Just leave it under your tongue until completely dissolved and then hold the remaining saliva in your mouth. The process takes about 45m to an hour. Do not swallow or spit for 45m just to allow yourself a little bit of a "safety net" so to speak. You won't be wasting any. I assure you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well.....before I came to this forum I used to smoke a cigarette with my suboxone and swallowed most of it and it still worked. I have since tried the max absorbtion technique and have found, like you, that it makes my mouth water like no other. So what I do is leave it under my tongue for 10 minutes and get it nice and soft and mushy (mostly gone) and then I chew the rest and use my tongue like a paintbrush and move it all around my mouth for another ten minutes even though my mouth will water, and then I swallow all of the rest, and then I don't eat or drink anything for another 20 minutes. I figure by that point I have gotten all I am going to get and I go smoke.

Oh, and I have a way of still being able to swallow the first 10 minutes without any of it going down my throat.

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yea def dont change anything if its working good for you cause its never good to go threw what you had to to go threw that night. but check out the how do you take your suboxone thread youll find all different kinds of post on how people take it and i think the dr also posted the max ab. so check it out.

i myself take a sip of water then swallow 3 times to clear all spit then put it under my tounge for about 25 mins once its all musy and soft i use my front teeth bite it then spread it all around my mouth then hold the spit in my mouth an swish it all around for another 20 mintues or so then swallow it all and not drink anything for 10 mintues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:19 am 
I also tried the doc's method and involuntarily ended up swallowing most of it. I even have a hard time not swallowing while I let it dissolve under my tongue. But that's what I do - let it dissolve under my tongue, swallowing as little as humanly possible, then after about 15 min. rubbing what's left around a little. Then I don't eat or drink for another 15-20 min. After that I've started spitting, because I've read here that what's left after the process is the naloxone.

Post subject: method of absorption
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah Lilly....I too always have that involuntary reflex of swallowing even the normal way I take it. I read here about people leaving it under their tongue for 45 minutes??? I'm not sure why but mine is usually gone within 15 minutes and that is my normal method, not my one failed attempt at max absorption. I am going to take all of your advice and "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and contine to take it the way I always have. You know I am constantly amazed at how many times I read in this forum people saying their Suboxone just makees them feel "normal"!!! That is my mantra and what I have said from the moment it started working for me. We are some lucky addicts b/c we all know how many people don't have the advantage of Suboxone for any number of reasons. I will never take this for granted.......I KNOW it saved my life.

Post subject: Saliva
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Monica - I know you have said you are going to stick with what has been working for you....But I will throw this in. .I use the Maximum Absorption method... I personally have found that if I drink prior to dosing I will produce way too much saliva..It is really annoying swishing that amount of saliva around my mouth (Sometimes it even squirts out a little) :lol: I now always make sure my mouth is completely dry when I dose...I simply dose first thing in the AM before I drink anything. After work I usually take my second dose and I make sure I don't drink anything for 45 minutes prior to leaving work. Then when I crush the pill between my teeth, I really don't produce a lot of saliva. I only swish the saliva around for about 30 minutes. I have found this method just takes some practice. SuperBuper