It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help! Anyone please!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I began subutex treatment 9 weeks ago. The first few weeks were good one we found the correct dose. I felt great, better than I had in years. Then I began taking more then prescribed. One more today, another today, and so on. With full knowledge of the ceiling effect. Until it got out of control. I was out of control. I feel like I'd failed my "new beginning" before it had even began.i got my new Rx yesterday and am sweating to myself I will only take what is prescribed. No exceptions!. I have none to talk to about this, given I don't want my family to be like I knew she couldn't do it or I told you so. So I'm hoping that I can receive some support, knowledge and help here. If anyone can relate or has any feedback It would be greatly . I wanted to add that I'm in private Counseling once a week and go to one or two groups a week. Thank you in advance. This is my only shot at a real life. I

Post subject: Re: Help! Anyone please!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like I'd failed my "new beginning" before it had even began.i got my new Rx yesterday and am sweating to myself I will only take what is prescribed. No exceptions!.

Welcome Scallin: Is there anyone you trust that could hold your sub for a few weeks? One less thing to worry about, knowing that you couldn't take extras.
There will be more members soon with good ideas and support.
PAX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Congrats on your new begining! What you have done is VERY common with new addicts on subs.
Its called being an addict.yup, thats us. So, yes,as docm has asked, is there anyone you trust to help you with dosing? I understand that your family can not. I think you said that earlier. However that is the easiest way to get back on track.
I didnt have anyone helping me at this point. I over took my subs tbe first 3 months time an time again.
How did i stop? I start going to more meetings and did other recovery things that my clinic suggested.Plus i was so tired of worring about how much sub i was going to be short of each week.
Idk if any of this is of help, all i can tell you is try to stop chasing a high that really isnt there. Ceiling affect or not..i have 3 years this january. Today im on 4 mgs down from 16mgs a year ago. I feel better on less thats for sure. So....best of luck razor...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for your support. I informally do not have anyone to give me my subs each day, I'm gonna have to do this one on my own. I suppose my only choice is to remind myself that this is my only shot at this, there is nowhere to go after this. I know for sure that I'm not capable of doing this on my own otherwise I wouldn't be here. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm beating myself up by going over rx dose 2mg today. Not to exist it by any means, I know I did it out of emotional stress. I beat myself up overt this to the point is unhealthy. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and for everyone who had supported me and given suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Scallin...so hows it going?
Are you doing better this week???? razor...