It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help in Albany, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I'm new to this forum but am desperately looking for a Dr anywhere around that is taking new patients And takes fidelis(medicaid). I will drive wherever I have tto. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Help in Albany, NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there!
I also live in Albany, NY and have been on subs for 1 1/2 yrs about 3 years ago and currently been on it again for 9 months. The first time I went through hell trying to find someone who I could see to treat me, and finally after everybody being full or having to be in an outpatient program to be given the meds, My psychiatrist recommended a doctor for me. Dr. Oldendorf at Oldendorf medical serevices right off Washington Ave. extension, it is in the same business park where the bone and joint center is and the blood lab across from U Albany. He was really very good, he specializes in many different things and has a good understanding for the drug. The number is 518-435-1300. I believe they take medicare but i am not sure i had health insurance while i saw him. I currently go to a doctor now that i LOVE. she is only in albany for 3 or 4 days a month but she is GREAT! The downside is she doesn't accept insurance...BUT if you have been through the system you know that if you go to a doctor that takes insurance, the insurance is running the practice. I got kicked out of Oldendorfs bc my urine showed up clean with NOTHING in it, which was impossible since i HAD to take it every morning. The had to kick me out bc the INSURANCE company pays for the tests so if its not clean with everything else except Bupe. your done. So the doctor i see now makes her own rules and doesnt have to do what they say. She gets to use her own judgement when incidents occur. Another good thing is she is a psychiatrist/MD so she understands the Drug on many different levels and from my experience i think she approaches the whole thing very differently, and for me better than just a MD. I am 23 now so i've been through this quiet a bit and at a young age so something else i like about her is that she doesn't care and you dont get introuble if you pee dirty for THC. I have been completely clean from everything, yet i also don't believe weed to be in the same category as everything else i was doing, and what people ruin their lives with, she is young and very smart, and she said on my first appointment, " about 90% of my patients prob pee dirty for THC, but honestly you have to look at if from a real-life modern day perspective, and why my patients are here seeing me, a lot of them have used marijuana for years for anxiety or other issues. In my opinion i much rather have you smoking weed then shooting up/ snorting." its just nice for someone my age to know that its not the end of the world if i do, i think its the california education she has and the down to earth personality, but shes been a life saver, her initial intake appointment is $180.00 i believe but every other appt is $160.00 if its cash or 165.00 if its credit card. OK i hope i was somewhat helpful im very sorry for writing a freaking DBQ here but its my first post and i read these things all the time!! please if you read this let me know if you need anything or want her contact info her name is Christine Antionete ....and if you do we can figure out a way to contact.
Much Love *G*

Post subject: Re: Help in Albany, NY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hello, I live in old forge, ny and my suboxone doctor in syracuse was recently arrested so I no longer have a doctor. Reading through your forum, the lady that you are seeing seems like a good doctor and I prefer to use marijuana for a sleep aid instead of using pills. Any chance you would be able to give me that doctors contact information? I was not able to find it online. Thank you so much for your help. sven