It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hellow all new guy here
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to say hi, I am 47 years old and have been batling opiate addiction for about 4 years now. I started sub treatement 2 days ago, so far so good. I am married have 4 daughters and 3 grandsons. And a great supportive family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi miket and a warm welcome to you. Glad you joined the forum. I'm sure you'll find as much support here as I have. Congrats on starting sub. It's great that your family is so supportive. I'm sorry to say not everyone has that. I've been on subs for over two years, but I still remember what it was like when I first started. I could hardly believe the almost immediate change in me! Again welcome. Hope you stick around and keep posting.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey maiket, wellcome to the forum, I singed up a few days ago to, not new to forum , just desided to sing up. You are going to find all kinds of information about subs here, it would be awsome if you can tell us how you desided to switch to subs and how hard it was for you to get them. It is totally up to you if you want to share that info. Do you have any negative side effects from taking this medication? Thanks for joining and good luck with your recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey maiket, wellcome to the forum, I singed up a few days ago to, not new to forum , just desided to sing up. You are going to find all kinds of information about subs here, it would be awsome if you can tell us how you desided to switch to subs and how hard it was for you to get them. It is totally up to you if you want to share that info. Do you have any negative side effects from taking this medication? Thanks for joining and good luck with your recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome to the forum. Suboxone saved my life and I have been clean since October. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

was not hard at all to get prescribed the suboxone strips. I called my pain management doctor (same one prescribing me the percs) and told her I was an addict and needed help. She told me good job for calling her go into 2 days of withdrawls and come see her. I went to her office this past Thursday and she gave me 1/2 8mg strip and another 1/2 an hour later. I could NOT believe what it did, but my moderate to severe withdrawls were gone.

It has been 3 full days now, for the first 2 days still had some anxiety and pretty strong headach but this morning I feel headach free. I go back and see her Monday to find the right daily dose for me. I have been all over the board these past 3 days from 16mg the first day to 24 mg the second day and 32mg the 3rd day. I am going to try to only take 16 to 20mg today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since you're getting your sub from a pain doctor, I'm assuming you're taking sub not only for addiction but also for pain management, is that correct? It's my opinion, then, that doses between 16 - 24 mg are pretty normal, as is taking it 2-3 times a day. Once daily is normal if just taking it for addiction, due to the long half life, but for pain purposes, sub only lasts on average about 6 hours, so one needs to take it more often. Is it helping your pain yet? For me, it doesn't erase it, but on most days it makes it tolerable. (Although for now a different med is helping my pain more, but that's a different subject.)

Continued good luck with your sub treatment!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you were messing up with percs only , I think 8 mg should help you to stay confortable. Headeik, shoul go away by lovering dose too,or juzt by time passing by.

Post subject: to hatmaker 510
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes you are correct I am also dosing for pain. I have 2 bulging disk and severe arthritus in my back. Thanks for the info and your replie