It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! I just found this site, so greetings and salutations. History: I've been on Subutex for (I really don't know how long), but about 5 years! In that time, I've been teetering between 2-6mg (started on 16 and weened down within a few months to about 4 mg).. Truthfuly, is wished I had never started taking it because my opiate addiction wasn't that bad in retrospect (just couldn't obtain from a doctor any longer) AND I wished I had done a short taper. I also have 4 college degrees, 2 in science, and feel like a complete idiot for getting myself into this situation and for so long...... The truth is my life is so busy, and I work so much; I didn't have time to schedule withdrawals.

Now I'm here.......

I cut myself short this month by a day so it's also situational to begin now (right now, I'm on a normal daily 5 mg dose). I can vouch for 2 mg is a maintenance dose!!! Anything below that, watch out! I've taken 2 mg today, 2 mg tomorrow, and then my doctor's appointment! I'll survive.

Looking for ideas, I saw the liquid method, and I have reservations due to "losing medication" when you're not getting very much. Pills are inefficient because they are so unequally distributed, you may have 6 mg on one side, 2 in the other, for example. I guess it's less of an issue in 2 mg tablets. As of now, I have decided to crush and weigh.

So, I'm sick of taking this medication AND it messes horribly with my deep tissues and nervous system. I wake up with lower spine and hip pain (y'all know that pain) and go to bed with lower rib cage pain. My liver is NOT happy, and it was perfectly fine prior to subutex. Please have another doctor do an ultrasound once a year. I am dealing with a "fatty liver".....

So, I'm over it, and like most of you, I get "anxious" at the first sign of w/d and want to jump and be done with it as quickly as possible. It doesn't work that way. There is NO magical wand to having NO side effects. It's slow and totorous to be successful, or so I've been told.

As stated, I am going to crush mine and weigh it out, dropping .25 every 4 weeks (a good a plan as any, I guess). We've got strict laws coming through in our state, and I also feel this is necessary before people whom don't understand start CT'ing everyone.

I have ambien to knock my ass out at night. From my experience, the lack of sleep and low energy always get me...... I've NEVER went below 2 mg, so this will be a first for me. Any other medications anyone finds helpful? Benzo's? Trying to work through this is a huge concern of mine. WCS, I do know I can "live" around 2 mg without going back. My other issue is the reason I started abusing meds to begin with--to avoid reality. I'm not a big fan of "feeling things". I hve a referral to a psychiatrist. I also wished I lived in a state with loose marijuana laws because it would be so helpful in relieving anxiety.

Anyway, hello, and this is me:) ScienceDiva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Science Diva. It sounds like you have a good plan for tapering. I hope that you will be kind to yourself whether or not you are successfully able to get completely off subutex. I am on 2 mg pills and take one mg in am and the other mg in the P.M. I have not notice any potency issues with the pills. I also am getting tired of the doctor appointments, drug testing, and interacting with judgmental pharmacy techs. I am in a good place now, so think its time for me to taper off. Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply. Getting below 2 mg is tough! I wished they made 1 mg tablets. The low energy gets me, especially when the girl cycle hits--like today. Meanwhile, my family and life is spastic. For example, my mom and husband can now both be heard outside my door radically cleaning and making noise, and they expect me to be up doing the same. I lack the support system needed to see this through, and I totally get the pharmacy issues. I can hear them talking about me, they don't care, to them I'm a lesser human being (albeit; I have a shit ton more money and education than they do). I've threatened to sue them due to HIPPA laws. I had one scream (with my kids in tow), "This is a C-2, and you can't fill it more than 48 hours early." I may have told her she was a twat and apparently unaware of her annoingly loud country voice and the abbreviation HIPPA, and it's actually a C-3...... I did get free meds that day.

They are under new laws in our state, and they are obnoxious. My doctor closes early on Fridays, and it's not always a viable option to meet the 48 hour rule. God forbid you ever go on vacation and have to schedule around it. "What's she trying to pull." Ummm, vacation. So, yeah I'm done with it all. I'm keeping my RX dosage where it is after this and "hiding them", so I can go on vacation or prevent traveling through an ice storm to get there.

I had someone recently steal the last of my bottle from my bathroom to get me in this predicament. I normally would call the pharmacy and ask for 2 until tomorrow, but I'm not doing it. I get shorted every few month by 1-2, so I'm the one that watches them count them out before I leave. Hopefully, my stubbornness is stronger than my addiction. Meanwhile at present, my family is cleaning annoingly loudly by my door and will not stop until I immerge. If you all could hear it, you would understand my biggest dilemma and partial causation of my predicament. I may kill them all before it's over with.

Holding at 2......

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pharmacies can be messed up. A few months back, I was supposed to get 78 strips. (I see the doc once a month, and I believe I was on 5mg/day. Two weeks away from my dr apt, I noticed that I didn't have very many strips left. I knew I didn't take extra and wasn't around anyone that would take them. I called the pharmacy, on hold for 20mins, hung up on. called again. transferred twice. (they treat you awfully when your on this stuff...yet, I, like you am a college educated, grown woman/mother/wife.) Finally the person I spoke to said, I'm not sure, I don't see anything noted here. I asked to speak with the pharmacist. I told him I keep my wrappers for my MD< and I was short exactly 20 strips. He put me on hold and 10 minutes later said, "you can come get them." I was like, "soooo, did you guys 'partially fill' and not tell me, what happened?!" He said, "oh, yeah, it was partially filled, you can come pick them up." SO NOBODY WAS GOING TO TELL ME? god forbid I was going out of town, I would have ran out. God forbid I was short on the dr's count, I would have been let go. No one believes you when you are a recovering addict. I'm looking to getting out of this crap. I'm ready to be treated like a human being.