It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello :)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So i guess this is where i introduce myself. Jack is my name, I'm from New Orleans and have been doing opiates for around 15 years. It started simple enough with pain pills but as we all know, more is never enough. After my original "addiction" for lack of a better word, I ended up getting busted and going away for a few years. I got out and over the past few years built myself a very nice comfortable sober life down here. My job is very physical (I own a mechanic shop) and I started taking percocet for the pain. Begin the downhill slide. 4-5 months of hardcore relapse later, and after almost losing everything I had built, My business, my custody of my kids, my fiance, I came clean to my family and hit the detox center. 6 days later when i walked out of detox I went straight to the Dr. I started at 16mg a day, then after 2 weeks went to 12mg then 2 weeks went to 8mg a day. Thats where I am now. 6 weeks clean (again) and leveled out at 8mg a day. I'll stay here for a few months then slowly ween myself down. I joined because I want people to know that it is possible to quit opiates. There IS hope for us.
If anyone needs to talk or anything, feel free to PM me. sorry for the rant LOL

Post subject: Re: hello :)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jack,

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm glad you decided to give Suboxone a shot and I wanted to congratulate you on 6 weeks clean!! Way to go!!

Are you doing anything for your recovery besides Suboxone? Hitting any meetings, seeing an addiction counselor? Many of us have found the need for some kind of recovery work to aid in keeping the dragon quiet.

Post subject: Re: hello :)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for the reply :-) this is by no means my first go round with suboxone, I've initiated PWD on countless occasions, more than I care to remember :-) however this is the first time it seems to be working for me. I choose not to do the meetings because down here its simply another place to meet new connections. I know it works if you work it, just not my thing. I have a very good support group that keeps my nose above the water. I hope all is well with you too.