It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself and hopefully find some answers to my questions about Suboxone. I'm a 10 year opiate abuser, started with popping pills and ended up on heavy duty Fentanyl patches along with Norco for breakthrough pain, for two years. When the patch stopped working after about 24 hours I decided I'd had enough and decided to get on Suboxone. I live in the country and didn't have a large selection of Suboxone doctors but ended up finding one about an hour and 15 minutes away from my home.

This is going to sound SO addictive personality (more is always better!) - I'm concerned I'm not on the proper dose of Suboxone. I'm going into my third week and I'm still suffering quite a bit, not with the typical withdrawal from opiate symtpoms, but LACK OF SLEEP #1, anxiety, severe weakness....I just feel rotten and was under the impression I would feel pretty good on Suboxone, so that is the reason I'm wondering if I'm not on a high enough dose?

She started me at 2 mg. for my initial dose, then 2 mg. more in four hours, then 2 mg. every 6 hours....my total dose has not gone above 8 mg. for one day, now I'm taking 4 mg. twice a day.

Any thoughts? I want this to work, but at the same time being in this condition is breaking me, I do not want to relapse!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Sky Queen. I have experienced problems with sleep as have many other. It as helped me to take my entire dose in the morning, as early as possible. I am not a medical person but I can tell you that I started out on 16 mg of suboxone. I have read in several places that typical starting dosing is from 12 to 16 mg a day. I suggest that you contact your doctor and good luck. Jean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cool Name!!
Welcome to the site. What time of day are you taking your doses? Actually, many people experience sleep issues when they take Suboxone too late in the day.Technically, there is no difference in taking the dose once or twice a day. You could take the whole 8mg in the am and alleviate your problem.I am not a doctor, so remember this is only a suggestion from a site moderator, but I also take Suboxone and this rectified my sleep issues.
If this does not work, then try talking to the doctor and tell her what you said here.You should have the amount adjusted if this does not work.You will have to be your own advocate with your recovery process, and know that you have support here.
What about addiction education or support meetings? Are you involved in anything?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I hope you are doing ok
I think someone else had discussed Fentanyl- high dose, slow release. I'm not a doctor either, but the Sub. Doc said that Fentanyl is tricky.
It seems that your dose could be upped. I mean, I have to admire you. I used fentanyl just a few times, and it felt so good it scared the daylights out of me. You having the courage to stop and go on suboxone..... WOW.
Keep it up. It may take a while. Look for the Sub. Docs comment on Fentanyl.