It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi. Im Jamie, nice forum here. Im 36, been on full opes (opana mostly but also oxy., hydro, any full agonist) until about 5/08. In '08 I went to detox and didnt do the progr am, and within a week I was taking sub. It was cheaper and almost got me there. It at least elevated my mood and gave me energy and thats why I stayed on it. Never really went past 2 mg. I went to a sub doctor last year and was taking 8 mg film strips, but my car broke down and I was discharged. So i continued to get them off the street.

Well Im SICK of hunting down sub and worrying if I have enough. So I have been slowly tapering to the point of .5 mg/day.

I also have a benzo habit and recently discovered soma which FUCK ME UP. I take the equiv of about 10 vals a day.

I had a very bad benzo habit from 2002-2006 which I went to detox for and also didnt do the program. \

Well thats about it for now-- OH im a daily weed smoker as well. Which has never caused a problem since its free 4 me.

Currently (since yesterday) I have been on 10 mg Celexa to try to alleviate some of the depression from comin off subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 am 

Hi Jamie! Welcome to the forum! I'm tapering my sub use too, but I'm lucky to have a good sub doc who is supportive of me either tapering or staying on a maintenance dose. It's been my choice to taper and eventually get off sub. I'm at 4 mg/day right now. I've never been addicted to benzos, although I've heard they are hard to come off of. I know that Soma can be addictive, but I don't know the ingredients that make it addictive.

You mentioned that you've been through a couple of detoxes but you've never worked their program. Are you thinking that you are going to add some supportive elements to your recovery now? Have you tried 12 step programs or SMART Recovery or have you seen an addiction therapist. You've obviously had some success in getting off some of the substances you've been on, but are you feeling like you can get off everything now?

Whatever support you're looking for, you can find it here. There is a lot of cumulative wisdom and experience on this forum. I've learned so much by reading through lots of posts.

Take care!

Amy

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

your post made my day and made me feel so good. Thanks.

edited to add that I AM seeing a therapist who prescribes me celexa to hopefully help ward off the coming depression and clonodine for when I TOTALLY jump off to help me sleep and with RLS.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI :wink: :wink: :wink:

i think your doing great!!!!!!

you know, I hate how "programs" are NOT open minded, they have all addicts go into ONE BOX,
and that's it. Like, THIS IS THE WAY to get sober, and if you dont do it THIS WAY, you will die.

Yea, that helps the ones like US , that are rebelous, doesn't it?????
LOL

there's a lot of different ways to taper from here on down, where your at I mean.
here's the "most read" and In my opinion, most USED, taper thread,
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

AND******
if you go into either the stopping suboxone section, or bupe in the rear view,
there are MANY different taper threads/journals
with MANY tips/tricks/advice on how to get your dose down SUPER low, and what to
expect from each "jump"

Im still on suboxone, and right now, Im okay with that. but the thread I gave you the link to ,
would probably be the way I went about the "deed" if ever I decide to..........

I think your making a GREAT decision for YOUR life, and I do wish you the VERY BEST sucess
in that.
It's good to keep an open mind too,
if tapering becomes TOO MUCH and you know, you 'slip' here and there and take a lil more suboxone.
DONT look at it as a failure, , , , it's just PRACTICE
or something??????? LOL
Seriously though,
you can still lose a FEW battles and ultimately WIN THE WAR
so keep your head up,
you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the site, and if you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/