It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] I am new to suboxone, and this is my third day of not having any oxycodone. It was very easy to make the descision to stop my dependence on oxycodone, as I had got to the point where it was taking over my life. In the last three days, I've been able to be worry free about when or from where I'm gonna get pills from, if I have money for them, now I have time to worry about other important things like my home and family, myself. I know its gonna take longer on this road of recovery, but I am glad that to at least get to self actualization I have a med like suboxone to rid me of the uglyness of withdrawl. I have read some of the posts on this site, and I'm pleased to see many questions that I have also had being asked and answered in an informative and timely fashion. much love and strength to all people who have chosen this route to recovery weather for addiction or pain management.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:54 pm 

Welcome! Your story sounds so familiar! That was me last October when I started sub. I remember the feeling of relief that I could step off the crazy train of constantly thinking about oxycodone. It's taken a good 6 months to fill that mental hole though. For quite a while I didn't know how to fill up my time. It was a big mental shift. I wish you good luck on your journey! We'll be here.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, it's such a good thing not having to worry about all that other stuff that we dealt with everyday in active addiction.

There really is a ton of good information here that could help you out in your recovery. It's nice to see that other people have the same questions and concerns, and that we are not alone.

Welcome to the forum sylesyl!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi welcome, I am the grandmother of the group. I know exactly how you feel. Keep at it. Forget those stupid pills. I am here for you when you want to vent. Anytime sweetie,
QUEENIE

Post subject: thank u
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Filling my void is exactly what I'm struggling with right now.. today it hit me.. usually after I drop my kids off with thier dad I always go and pick some up.. but today it was different. when I left I was like, ok what the hell am I gonna do now?? I thought about it the while way hone and it sucked..but as soon as I got home I said well maybe I can go to the gym or maybe I can write some music or maybe do some laundry. I did all three and my urge went away. Addiction sucks but its not gonna run me anymore. I'm so tired of being run over. And I suffered a really bad break up recently.. but I'm bot gonna use that as an excuse anymore. My kids need me more than ever and I'm going ti give my all to them, and addicition will not get in the way. Thank u guys for listening , and I'm really happy that you all are willing to hear me vent lol and I am also here to hear all of you. Thank u thank u thank u !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GREAT JOB on keeping yourself busy!!!!!

Its amazing the 'extra' time we find, isnt it??? how much time we wasted 'back then'

you seem like a real fast learner!! dont get discouraged, your right, your kids need you now more than ever, and theres nothing wrong with having real quality time with them now!! thats what Im doin.

I remember early in my recovery thinking, what the HELL am I gonna do with ALL my time? sit around and think about getting high???

well, we soon learn that we were missing out on SO MUCH that its easy most days, to fill the time up. You will have to be creative sometimes though. to this day, Im still trying to come up with new hobbies, or new activities to relish in.

Im trying to meet new people too, since Im in a realy rural area. I had to "abandon" all my 'old gang' to stay outta the pills. so its been hard to find new people, but Im getting there.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,
I hope you stick around. keep posting k???
your doing great

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/