It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! I am a 53 yr old opioid addict. I sought Suboxone treatment a little over a week ago. So far so good. I have been on prescription opioids since a cervical spine surgery in 2008. Each year that went by I had to have more and stronger meds for my pain. I have degenerative disc disease among other spinal issues. I am facing two major surgeries in the near future. The first will be to fix the mechanical collapse of my lumbar area, the second will be to correct the first cervical fusion (didn't fully fuse). Has anyone else faced this kind of problem? I have talked to the doctor at the treatment center and have been assured they will work with the neurosurgeons concerning pain management. Confused and to be honest really scared. I had gotten to the point of taking so many percocets that I would run out two weeks into the prescription. Then I would beg, borrow and on occasion steal. That was the final straw and the reason I sought help. Any positive advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 am 

Welcome to our great forum Cut64,

Rest easy that your drs, all of them working togather will solve your acute pain during
and after surgery.
The issues will be the aftercare ,as before . Hopefully your back problems medically will be helped
and taking Buperenorphine will dull any leftover pain problem s.

Please go over to Dr Junigs Talkzone blog and read his points on post op pain" Use the search box . Great information there.

Bow is the Sub working for you now?....

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Razor! And yes the Sub is working for me! I had a Gene Swab done last year that determined what drugs do work for me and what drugs work somewhat and others not at all. Well all the opioids I had been on these past nine years (Lortab, Percocet, MS Contin etc..) only work at 40% for me. Guess which one did show to work best...Suboxone! But my pain management doctor didn't believe in the test and doesn't prescribe it anyway. So needless to say...Yes the Sub is working out very well for me! Not walking around in the opioid fog anymore! And I have read the Dr. J pre and post op pages! The one thing that surprises me the most is the fact that I have an appetite again! Not sleeping that great, but that's okay!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 pm 

Welcome Cutimousef64! Glad u are experiencing the benefits of this wonderful medication. It has saved my life and many others. I don't have pain issues but plenty of ppl on this forum do. Ur not alone :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:09 am 

Welcome to our forum!!

I hope you stick around and keep posting. :)

Amy