It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I was using 300 mlgrs of oxcycodone per day for 21/2 years and got tired of it,so started methadone treatment for 2 yrs.I was takeing 180 mlgrms per day. I got tired of that so I switched to soboxone treatment. Im getting from a pain/recovery center,with no counseling. Im stuck doing everything my self. (going solo I guess u call it.) im up to 12 milgrms per day. Instead of once a day,the doc has me doing 1/2 mor. 1/2 noon/half night time. not sure if im doing it right but at least im not using pills. yuck. well ttyl. Peace

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:02 pm 

Well hello back at ya Shagy. Glad you found the forum. Sounds like you need some support.
Welcome.
I found out early in my recovery that itis better to have some kind
of face to face support too.
Have you considered going to either na or aa meetings?
Being around others in recovery can help you get a jump on your new life.
Maybe you have tried this already.
Therapy of some kind . People to bounce ideas or suggestions off of.
I think it is difficult to do all of this alone Shaggy. Hopefully you will stck around here
and we can always be here for you.

So your on 12 mgs. Thats the dose i started with. If is working for ya thats great. It should.
There many ways people take this med and to break the need for reward it is
best to dose once a day. Multiple daily dosing can reinforce our need to reach for something.
But many dose more then once a day. Best to follow Drs orders.

Keep posting and if you have more questions please ask.
Also try going over to the Talkzone and read some of Dr Junigs blog. Great place to learn
and find anything related to Buprenorphine. Theres also a search box to hunt topics down in detail.

Best of luck and keep comin back..

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:15 am 

Welcome to the forum! Razor gave you great information and I have nothing to add but welcome!!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you, ill definitely keep coming back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good morning shaggy :D

Well our stories are almost identical, minus the Methadone. I really thought about taking methadone but didn't want to have to go to the clinic daily as some of the clinics around here have people do. So I researched Suboxone. I was desperate to get off of oxy, was taking 150, 200 and up to 250mg a day sometimes.
The doc was very understanding and I was completely open and honest about my use. He started me out on 16mg a day. It was not as hard to start taking subs as I thought it would do, I was about 20 hours into withdraw before my first dose and as an oxy user I am sure you know the hell I was going through before that first dose. I was very, very impressed with how quickly and how well it took the withdraws away. Don't get me wrong though, I had my days where I really felt like shit and even thought about going back to the oxy. My doc like yours, just kinda gave me the empowerment to dose a few times a day until I leveled out where I felt good. Within a couple of weeks I lowed my dose to around 14 mgs a day, then I lowered it again to 12mg a day. I take a full strip in the morning around 4 and then another half around 2 or three in the evening. The last time I seen him her told me to make my afternoon dose around 12 or 1 then the other half around 6. Well I have found that with subs, sometimes less is better. Even though he says to take the whole 16 mgs a day, I found that it really made me feel unfocused and a little disconnected.
You will find what is good with you in time I am sure :D There have been days that I don't feel the need for the afternoon dose. My doc told me that the half life of the 8mg strips is 72 hours and believe it or not sometime I start feeling better as the day goes by that when I first take it in the early mornings. I hope my little bit of input helps. You, I, we still have a long road to full recovery. I am just now starting to get mussel strength back and thinking straight again. It has been so nice to have my decision making part of my brain functioning again, I feel better knowing that I can think quickly on my feet again.
I also attend AA when I can and get on here and read, this site has been a life savor along with the support I get from others that are going though or have went through as well. I used to be so ashamed of myself for being so weak that I became addicted to pain killers, but now I talk about it with my friends and family because I was sick, very sick and heading down a road that I thought I could never make a U-turn on.
Anyway I will quit rambling, but want you to know that this is the first step to a great new beginning... :D :D :D
tam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u, yup I know just how u felt withdrawing, it sucks. Im kinda stuck now,and have been for a couple years. I have no social life. my self esteem is crap. im a manic depressant. on anti dep pills now. iv been going in and out of na,aa for 25 yrs now. im just not into it right now. It seems like my addiction just switched to suboxone. like I cant get enough, I have a really hard time regulating myself. And u know how it works ,the more u take the same u feel. But I keep chasing the buzz. I take way more a day than im suppose too. and then I run out before my next script. then im allways disappointed in my self. and I haven't told my doctor yet ,because I don't want to anger my doc or whatever and loose my script. I just feel stuck. right now.