It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello people !
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Arial Black] [/font] Hello everyone, I am new on here. this is my third day on subs , first time ever taking them and i feel quite well. its amazing !!! i took my first dose 13 hours after my last norcos. my cowrker and good friend said man you r really hi arent you , and i said what you mean ? i knew because i could tell it Big time, i wouldnt call it a high .. but i havent really felt that way before. real manic in a good way ! ... he said u r talking 90 mile an hour , and cant be still. and you r sweating profusely... i then told him what i took. i always sweated alot cause of the 15 to 25 a day habit i had. plus 2 or 3 gallons ofwater a day, to try and push them out , and clean me out quickly... that many in aday they never left my system totally , im sure. But anyway i am still feeling good phys. and emotionally, considering. my bad thoughts and depression have totally lifted , i would say about 60 or 70 % better overall... i recently discovered that suboxone is good for depression too... which yall probably already knew that. but i read sme clinical studies they have done. its amazing ! I have alot more to say , but i really just wanted to register on here. and say hello to everyone, and start studying these forums...I am a 34 yr. old male , i live in oklahoma. always been addicted to something throughout my life. mainly beer... and klonopin... for panic attacks and dpression... until i got hurt in the oilfield in late 2008 ! first time really taking pain pills. after that i found my new best friend....anyway i will chat more ltr... i still cant sleep ! any feed back on any of my message above would be greatly appreciated........... thanx and have a good day !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Riddle and welcome. I would suggest that you're simply still adjusting to the new sub treatment. Lots of people describe an almost high feeling at first. Fear not, though, as that will subside. Also, what dose are you on? Just curious. Some people feel, well...weird..if they're not on the right dose for them.

Give yourself time to get used to the sub. I'm confident you will feel better very soon. Again, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get lots of support as well as information. Let us know when you start feeling better.

Oh and some people get sleepy on sub, others feel a bit energized.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi riddlecan,

Those side effects are perfectly normal when first getting on sub. I had some kind of weird euphoria too, but it wasn't euphoria....Hmmm, kind of hard to explain. Very close to a buzz, but not that either. Anyway, I had some of the same things happen to me. My sweats didn't kick in until later though. The slightest physical exertion and they would start.

Sleep was a problem for me at first too. It subsided pretty quickly though.

Happy to hear you found suboxone and I hope you stay in touch.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thank ya kindly !
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks hatmaker , i needed that... i am on 2 , 8-2 mg. daily... i guess that would be 16 mg. a day. this is what it says on my bottle ... i didnt get to talk w/ my new dr. about it alot. not that he is a bad dr. he is a friend of the family and saw me the same day i called. he dosent take any new patients, i just got real lucky. he is the only doc in my town that prescribes it...he told me the most important things i needed to know right then. it was friday and he had to fly out to a conferance or something.anyway i go c him tomorrow and i will get the whole 411 ...But i seem to be finding the 411 right here !

Post subject: thank you kindly !
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Romeo , i needed those words... makes me feel alot better. cause i here alot of negativity about Sub. too , and its kinda scary...Alot more positive than negatives,though...how long u been on Sub. ? if ya dont mind me askin ? and how are you ? thanks...

Post subject: How long ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes i meant to ask you Hatmaker , How long have you been on Sub. ? and how are you doing now ? and did it stay smooth the whole ride so far ? Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been on sub for a little over 2 years now. I had a rather unique induction, but other than that, my treatment has been unremarkable. I also take it for pain. I dose 8 mg, either 2 or 3 times a day, depending on how bad my pain is. No bad side effects, except maybe the sweating thing. I hate that. Some constipation, but nothing I even take something for. I'm very, very happy with my treatment on sub. I really believe it saved my life. I hope you start feeling a bit better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Hatmaker !!! ttys...im sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

riddlecan,

I was on suboxone for 3 years. I quit taking them here almost 8 months ago. I'm doing good other than some close calls that I had in the last few weeks.

I posted about them in a thread titled, "Quit Sub, Had some close calls"

Thanks for asking how I was. That was really nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the forum. I am glad you found it. I was already on sub for 2 years when I found it and wish I found it much sooner. It's been three years for me and I was off for 3 months about a year ago. I have found it works wonders for my depression and it also works for my pain to an extent. Good enough anyways. I'm glad you are feeling okay and hope you stick around. This is a great place to learn about sub and find support.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:20 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello, riddlecan. You can talk to us as much as you like! Tell us about your experiences with addiction, and how you came to find out about suboxone. Tell us your hopes and your doubts...we all have them.

I have been on subs for exactly 2 weeks today! The wonderful people on this forum gave me the info I needed
to induct myself the day before my doctor appt. Things went very well, and now I am following my doctor's
program, including getting some therapy.

I have had NO sweats, no constipation, no problems with sleep. In fact, one reason I liked vicodin (besides the high)
was that it made my lifelong problem with diarrhea go away. But suboxone seems to make me even more normal in that department. I sleep better than I have in several years, and so far, it was the best decision I have made since I became addicted to vicodin ES. I am still a newbie, and I am still finding my way, but I am beginning to believe this is for real.

Welcome, and please share your story with us.