It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I've been clean and on Sub for 6 years and had no clue about this place! My Name is Derek I'm 26 and suboxone saved my life, its been a tough road for sure but I'm really glad I found this place, Maybe I'll meet some friends here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 am 
Hi Derek! Glad you found the site! I bet you'll be able to contribute a lot having been on Sub for so long.
Can you tell us a little more about yourself? How much Sub are you on? Any plans to taper or do you plan on staying on forever? Have you had any problems with the Suboxone, any relapses or anything?
This really is a great forum. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity, but most all the posts have some substance and good information. Unlike some of the other forums, there's not a whole lot of conflict, debate, or just meaningless ramblings! (not that those things aren't fun once in a while!)
Anyway, I think you'll find it helpful and I look forward to hearing more of your story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Derek -

I'm like 2 days newer than you to the forum :)

I must say that while the replies are not always fast and furious, they are accurate. setmefree helped me overcome the fear of w/d's before my first doc appt.

I'm curious about you as well! I'm just a couple days into 12mg / day treatment - and so far "normal"....

I look forward to hearing more of your story as well! WELCOME

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks! No i have no plans to taper off, I take 32mg daily 16 morning and 16 night, My Doctor Walt Bird was a Big part of suboxone in Oregon and when i started suboxone no one really knew a Whole lot about it other than to treat Opiat With Drawl with it But for me Its Been Much more than that to say the least, i have chronic pain in both of my knees from 3 operations that i wish i never had done and after 2 and a half years of Percocet from the Bad Dr. they stopped me Cold Turkey when i started questioning when is my knee going to get better? and i had No clue what Withdrawls were but i knew i was Sicker than i'd ever been!, Before Sub i relapsed more times than i could ever count, Tried every type of treatment, I Could never master the Detox that for me would last 2-3 months of real Withdrawl It was Horrifying to me, I was up to 900-1000mg of Morphine Or up to 400mg of OC a DAY "im a Big Guy "6-3" 260" whenever i couldn't get what i really wanted, I Wrecked My Life in Every way possible, Basically like what Katrina did to Louisiana, I had Nothing left, Completely Hopeless, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired then My Grandmother told me about a place called Serenity Lane in Eugene Or. that had a new Drug called Buphrenorphine and how it helps opiat detox so my Parents helped me get in there and it was ok at first I still Withdrawled and i couldn't pee to save my Life LOL But its not nearly as bad and right then i figured it might be possible for me to stay clean, Well everything was ok but then they wanted to detox me then taper me off in one Month, STOP Doing that way Wont work for me, I went and relapsed for about a month then by some Grace of God I called Serenity Lane complaining about having to stop sub so quick and they said there is a Dr Bird who is Seeing people in Outpatient theoropy, I went to see him Feb 15 2004 and have been Clean ever since and its been a Lot of Hard work Changing everything, starting over, 150k in Debt, Lots of people hated me and nothing i could say would fix any of the Messed up things i did But Healing has come with Clean Time for me, Ive mended all the Broken Relationships, Work As hard as i can to become the Person i want to become, paid all my debts, Finally Feel Comfortable in my own Skin, and now I'm Starting my Own Buisness doing what i love and Its All Because I found Suboxone, I've Experimented to the Hilt with this Drug and By Far the Most effective way I have found to take it For Me is to Hold it under your tongue like normal BUT for 60-75 minutes, And all the stuff they say like don't talk or smoke while taking it is a Joke, That has no effect on it, Anyways thats some of my story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Derek,
Sorry you slipped by me, I try to visit the site daily to welcome new members, but most of us here are busy with school,work, and other stuff. I have from chronic knee pain myself, and know all to well how opiates can wreck havoc in your life when you are trying to just get through the day without suffering. Suboxone has given me a way to manage my anxiety disorder and keep my pain at a tolerable level- no other treatment has been able to do that.
If what you are doing as far a dosing works for you,then I feel it is not appropriate to talk about the standards.We are all very unique and each treatment should be as unique.
Please continue to contribute here, and welcome!
-Shelwoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Derek,

Welcome to the site. I'm pretty new around here also and have been very impressed by the friendliness of the forum.
Just wanted to say hi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey i'm 26 and suboxone saved my life as well. I was doing up to 8 80's a day and was in a bad way for around ten years. Being sober scared the hell out of me, but now that i've been clean for over a year, i'm starting to think that I can do this for the rest of my life. I also take a high amount of bupe (24mg) and have no plans on changing it for a while. Nice to see you found his place, and happy to have another member!