It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello/new
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:29 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello! I just found this forum and I am excited to ask questions and talk about Suboxone. I have been on the medication for approx. 2 years as well as my boyfriend. This medication has helped me so much. My life has changed drastically since I began the medication. I do have some questions/concerns which I am saving for the appropriate forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Thanks,
Dani

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Dani! My Bf and I just took the plunge on January 19th this year. Did you both have any relationship problems in the beginning? Not to be personal but you have something in common with me. One of my biggest fears is after time goes on and we both are sober what if its not the same. We met and started getting high right off the bat but now we're both on Suboxone and its been less then a month so I'm a bit scared. Not sure if you went through the same deal but figured I'd ask. Also welcome I just joined today as well! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tavagain wrote:
Hey Dani! My Bf and I just took the plunge on January 19th this year. Did you both have any relationship problems in the beginning? Not to be personal but you have something in common with me. One of my biggest fears is after time goes on and we both are sober what if its not the same. We met and started getting high right off the bat but now we're both on Suboxone and its been less then a month so I'm a bit scared. Not sure if you went through the same deal but figured I'd ask. Also welcome I just joined today as well! :D

Sounds like you may have to start falling in love with the sober persons that were masked by the high persons...

I can't really offer much in this area, my wife and I married young, were very much in love, and pills affected only me, a few years after we got married.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 -

That's a good way of putting it. I have seen with friend who are together and how one doesn't understand addiction or why people abuse their medication while the other feels alone and confused. I do feel lucky to have some one to go through this with, it's scary enough as it is I'd hate to be isolated completely. I like what you said:
"Sounds like you may have to start falling in love with the sober persons that were masked by the high persons.."
I hope I'm not prying when I ask did everything work out ok between you and your wife? Did she understand your addiction?