It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello New Peeps
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

[font=Georgia] Okay, My roller coaster of addiction has been so up and down...im sure you all can relate.
i am now on suboxone a 2nd time, the first being an epic fail--->; i basically used needles the first time dec 2010, went to rehab jan 2011, stayed clean for 6 months, relapsed-it got worse for sure-got on the sub train quickly for about 4 months. then, after getting down to 8mg i thought i could do it myself without subs...this is where things got out of hand. i tapered to 2mg then 1mg, jumped, went into wd for a week-TERRIBLE- and then started using again. this time, i relapsed far worse than ever imaginable and became a straight up junkie. i never knew what that really was until i experienced first hand...i was sharing, slumming on the streets of north philly (not really a safe place for a pretty young white female) and lost everything. the only reason i have anything now is because i looked in the mirror one day, and realized id die if i didnt get help. so, i found a doc by the grace of God and he decided to take me on even though he wasn't taking patients at the time. im at a steady 16mg dose per day and feel amazing. i have therapy once a week and am slowly building my life back up. its hard and there are days i wanna jump again but the moments last briefly and thanks to suboxone, i am able to have that crutch right now that helps me stay alive. i am not yet well enough to be without it. anyway sorry for rambling and thanks for reading if you have taken time out to read this. lol! cheers all. [/font]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am glad you are able to live. Sounds like you are on an awful lot. Remember it has a ceiling cap effect and you can take more but it doesn't do anything for you. Can only protect you so much. To be on it only once a day and had a doctor who knew what his crew was doing. Question I have since you have been through it. Is the withdrawal as bad as I read? A week is okay if I have to be weeks and months. I am a little freakie about my escape from sub. Please did anything help to get you through specifically? I hope you stay alive, glad you wanted too. Thanks and love of the powers that be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi poppie. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time lately, but it sounds like you're now in a really good place and you know now what you need. There's nothing wrong with staying on suboxone for a time while you get your shit together. And by that I mean it gives us time to fix our lives and ourselves - change bad habits, address triggers and cravings and learn how to deal with day-to-day life without popping pills constantly. We have to LEARN how to do that. And UNLEARN how we were living. You've already figured out that ending the PHYSICAL dependency alone isn't the hardest part. The hardest part is STAYING "clean" (hate that word).

Now that you're on sub, I'd suggest you don't even think about when you want to stop it. Just work on YOURSELF for now. You don't have to make decisions now, but you can make them later.

Good luck and learn to just BE with yourself and your family/friends.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey ! glad you are here now and seem to be on the right path. I'm pretty new to the whole sub thing. I was taking a lot of percocet ever day. I have a one year old son and he was the reason i got off them. I never neglected him or did anything harmful. I tried to give him all the love and care i could. but obviously i was numb inside from all those pills. but now being on sub seems to be working really well for me. And i hope it does the same for you. I hope have a lot of time to clean up the mess and make a really good life for yourself and put everything else in the past. no more epic fails ;) all the best hope to see you on this site more

Post subject: thnx all
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well im very grateful to be here. It's hard to relate sometimes with ppl who aren't on the subs . I thought 16mg was high too, but my psychiatrist said it's actually average. 16-24Mg is average and 8-12mg on the lower side . Lol.
Anyway im feeling great , besides the side effects but its better than the alternative!

I was recently diagnosed w bipolar and am switching meds...very unstable at times so very thankful for subs:)
As for wds...for me it was terrible on the 3rd-6th day then got a little better ...overall about 2 weeks. Wd from h was worse than anything, besides methadone. Just taper down as low as possible and skip days.

Thanks everyone! Please share your stories w me:)