It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been using for close to 5 years, started with some back aches, hurt my shoulder 4-wheeling, then all of a sudden POW hey I am an addict! Tried for over 2 years to stop on my own, and couldn't do it. I have a daughter, so my only time of sobriety was when I had her for visitation. That is the one thing I was able to do while using, and that was be "clean" around her. So going through the last year or two, lost my girlfriend, gave up so many things that I needed and loved, and found solace only in the demon blue tablet. Was up to about 6-8 a day and I started a new GREAT job and found another reason to quit the pills, this job. I haven't seen my daughter in a year (non-pill related, crazy mean mom), and I got the chance to see her again really soon, and decided that now I have my life back on track, better job, getting involved again with my daughter, got involved with an awesome church, and decided ENOUGH!!!!!!!! I AM DONE!

So I started therapy about a week ago, and started Suboxone on 4.15.10. This is my first day of FREEDOM! So in my 2nd day, I am happy, I can breathe and smell the air differently, and I got my first muscle ache in 5 years that was a NORMAL ache! I was playing golf last night on my first day of freedom and shot about 8 strokes better than I ever have, and I woke up this morning and I was NORMALLY sore and I was happy about it! :)

This is a miracle for me. The expense of therapy is worth it, because I am getting WELL. Everyone who struggles, there is an answer. Take the medicine, see your therapist, go to meetings and I firmly believe we CAN beat this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new found freedom! The first days of sub are awesome because you never imagined you could feel so great. I am glad you posted and found the forum and that your golf game has improved :-)

Cherie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:17 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi there Cleanseme,
Welcome to the Forum and into Recovery. You sound very upbeat... I hope this continues for you!! Not to put a damper on your great outlook But remember there will be Shitty days too and that's OK. We just need to be upbeat and positive when the tough day's come along that's all....
You have me thinking I should go out and come back in So I can take those 8 strokes off my Golf game.... I could sure use the Help.... LOL :lol: Your post' are a welcome addition to the Forum please keep them coming.... Take care and continued success in your Recovery....

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 am 
Hello and welcome to the forum. I didn't notice your post until I saw Cherie's reply. Sometimes if a newer post is put in the same section as yours it will show up as new and yours gets pushed down the list. So I hope you're not discouraged that no one replied right away. You sound very upbeat and serious about your recovery. I wish you the best. Let us know how you are doing.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey cleanseme...welcome to the forum!! It's always great to hear from another person who is getting their life back. I agree, Suboxone is a great tool, especially when used as a part of a complete program for recovery (and it sounds like you are well on your way). BTW...I think tax day is a great day to get clean...most people (even non-addicts) use on that day, so way to buck the system!!! :D

I love your positive attitude (I think that positivity is essential to long-term success in recovery). Do listen to Twinply though....I know you feel on top of the world right now (and that's great!!! :) )....just don't expect to feel incredible every single day....you're human, not a game show host (I have a friend who always says that, and I love the image).

I agree with you, I love feeling sore from gardening or running (as opposed to being soar from withdrawal, and having to take a pill)....it makes me feel more alive somehow.

Congratulations....keep us posted.

Elizabeth

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm 
Welcome Cleanseme! I feel real bad that I missed your post until now. As Lilly mentioned, sometimes someone else posts right after you on a particular topic and it pushes your's off the 'main' home screen so it gets missed. I remember the first time I posted something, I was kind of nervous actually about whether anyone would reply or give a crap about me! I've come to find a really nice support system here and in fact, some people here on this forum have become what I consider my friends. Not to mention the vast amount of information I've gained, almost all of which is highly reliable and accurate. The last thing I would want to happen would be for someone to come and post and not get a response. So again....Welcome and thanks for sharing a little bit of your story.
I sure remember my first week or so on Suboxone.....I felt just like you! Like I had found a miracle! I had been in the same trap as you were, using opiates to get through every day. It was horrible and it had cost me a lot. I was so, so tired of it. I'm happy for you that you have found out about it and gotten treatment started. It's obvious you're feeling so much better. It's now been over 2 weeks for you. Are you still feeling just as wonderful? Don't be discouraged if the 'new' has kind of worn off, though. If not, all the better. But often times, after you've been on Suboxone for a little while, or in any type or method of recovery, that miraculous feeling does fade as you settle into day-to-day living. Once we settle in, we have to start dealing with the messes we've made in our addiction, start feeling our feelings again, and so forth. This is the time that it is so important to realize that while buprenorphine is almost a magic bullet, it really isn't. Nothing is. There is no true miracle cure for opiate addiction. The medication works absolute wonders! And to me, it has given me at least a fighting chance to get better and stay better.....something I had tried and been unable to do before. So immerse yourself in learning about addiction and recovery. Get involved in some form of therapy.....whether it be individual counseling, group therapy, an in- or out-patient treatment program, 12-step meetings, and/or full participation in this recovery forum. Spend time with your family and keep working on your relationships. You mentioned that you had found a great new church....keep going and keep growing in your spiritual life and hopefully you'll be able to find new and healthy relationships there as well. You certainly want and need to be surrounded by 'normal' healthy people and try to get rid of any of the people in your life that will tempt you to go back to using drugs.
I agree with you....although this treatment costs a lot, it's worth every penny! I would encourage anyone who is struggling to find a way to do it and get this help that we are lucky enough to have available to us!
I hope we didn't miss your post so long that we discouraged you from coming back. Please do come back and give us an update when you have time. Glad to have you. Oh....I like the name you chose for yourself...."cleanseme". Reminds me of mine....."set me free" - that's exactly what I was feeling the day I joined this forum, which was a couple of days before I saw my Sub doctor for the first time. I had made my appointment and was praying that I would be set free from the throes of this awful addiction! I was and I still am 10 months later. The entire time hasn't been as beautiful as that first week, but it's a far cry better than life before that appointment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! I am also new to this site. Not so new to Suboxone (been on it for 18 months now)

I believe you will find this place very interesting, informative, compassionate and generally good-natured

Lots and lots of good information here to help you with your recovery.