It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello im new..(kinda)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone nice to meet ya. I figured I'd officially join the group. One of my buddies is on the site as well but I don't know his handle.I've been reading(stalking) for a year now and finally decided to make it official. I'm 36 years old and a male that was addicted to pain killers. Only pain killers. Just oxys for the most part. I never did heroine. I lucked out. I now have been on suboxone for 3 years. The best decision I have made was going to the sub doc. For the most part im doing good but I feel these generic tabs my pharmacy switched to just aren't cutting it. I was on the orange AN 415 and they worked as well as strips..but the last couple months I've been taking the N8 and Arrow on the other side..idk maybe it's in my head but they just don't last the whole day..anyways glad to be here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:08 pm 

Glad to have you here JSN. Did you ask if you can get the brand name Suboxone and see if your insurance will cover it?

I'm with BCBS and they prefer me to be on Suboxone films. I kind of assumed they'd switch me out for a cheaper generic but they haven't done so yet. If they do, it won't bother me because of being on a low dose. Any amount of Bupe will help me.

Our resident doctor has stated that most people on Bupe don't like to have their medication changed. We don't know if it's in the mind or if it's really a difference in the drug. Not for me to say in your case. Just keep taking it and you'll probably adjust to the dose just fine as time goes on. Remember how it took almost 2 weeks to get stabilized in the beginning? Maybe not for all but it was a weird time for me.

Hang in there. You'll acclimate to it eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 pm 

Hi Mr. Almost New!

I am like you in that I feel very lucky. I had a pain doctor and was getting large amounts of oxycodone that I didn't actually need for pain. I lied and lied and embellished my symptoms. Oxycodone (percocet) was my favorite. And although, I never liked the taste of them, I always chewed them to get a quicker high. I had a moment of clarity when I was in withdrawal before my next appointment. My identity was all about being a good mom to my son, and when it got to the point when I thought I was doing him too much harm, I told on myself and asked for help. (My son is my favorite person in the world, so yah.)

I received resources from my pain doctor and the first place I called, which was an inpatient rehab, I was told to find a suboxone doctor. I'm so grateful that I was given that advice right away! This was in 2011 and I've taking buprenorphine ever since. I lurked here for 4 months before I became a member and started posting.

Welcome to the forum!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

JustSayNo - Welcome to the forum. I've only been on one type of buprenorphine, but from what I know you might be having problems with absorption or psychological effects stemming from any anxiety about switching medications. It happens. But as Rule pointed out, you should become stabilized after a short while although you have been taking the new ones for a couple of months. I would've thought that you would be adjusted to them by now. Definitely talk to your provider and let them know about how you feel. I hope you feel better soon!

- OpenMind