It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello new here!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I'm new here. I'm going by ssnard. There is ALOT to take in. I'm not even sure how I got here. I was once again searching for a sub doc, and found this glorious place. First I have to give a huge thanks to Dr Junig. He's the kinda friend a person like me needs and then on top of it he gets it, I mean really gets it. Then to top that off he's a doctor so he really really gets it. I hope I am doing this right. It's my first time, ever even posting anything anywhere besides FB but that doesn't count does it. :wink: I live in the middle of Missouri so as you can imagine my options aren't that great for close to home. I can travel but it can be a pain. I'm on disability, I receive Medicare, I should be getting Medicaid pretty soon. So that's another drawback to finding help. My biggest issue seems to be my migraines, I lost a very good doctor because the neurologist I was seeing prescribed me the wrong medication, one I specifically said I did not want. Anyhow that's down the drain. I am desperately looking for an understanding doctor. I really want to do this. No joke. I am married to a wonderful man, he completely supports me on this. My kids are aware of my situation. I have total support from my family. I am looking forward to reading more on here. Most of what is said I have searched and found. But it's always nice to hear about it from someone else's point of view. I am very open minded. Thanks for listening, or reading I mean. :)

Post subject: Re: Hello new here!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome SSnard!!

If you are about to head into a rehabilitation either out/in patient or be prescribed suboxone for opiate addiction you are smack dab in the middle of the right place. By the way my name is Patrick and I have been on this site since May, but have been clean off of my addiction to opiate based painkillers since October 29th, 2012! Yay ME!! jk. Even though it is under a year in the grand scheme of things I will take it. I am certain that if you are in the boat I once was in, you are sick and tired of trying to find pills as well as use them. One thing that I took from your post was that your husband and children are behind you, that is a battle won in itself and amazing to have that support system. To this day I sit here completely in awe of the support that I get from my close family and friends, the same ones who I lied to on a constant basis for 5 years and stole from. Then ask yourself this when you are cleaning up, where are all the old connections or dealers? You will notice they will not call you at all if you go off the map, or they will run the minute you do answer and let them know you are getting cleaned up!

There is truly no better feeling! Yet I revert back to what I stated earlier, its amazing how you would do almost anything to get that pill pusher his cash, steal, lie, anything yet they treat you like a ghost in recovery and that's another battle won and will be key. It puts a smile on my face ear to ear to see new members come in here and say hey I am ready, have a support system and a plan to get clean!! its a huge step just admitting mentally you are ready to go. It is not an easy road, but from the sounds of it you got your bases covered fairly well. So with that said, I welcome you again and feel free to peruse the site and posts. This site alone is a key element in continued battle against my addiction and do not forget, once you are a drug addict you are one for life, but you are a "recovering drug addict" putting that fatal disease in remission and suboxone will totally take those cravings away sister!! :).

Take care and feel free to message any of us with questions, comments or concerns.

Sincerely,
Patrick K.
Racine, Wisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ss,

I hope you don't mind me shortening your screen name, it's a bit of a habit for me. :)

Welcome to our little forum! I hope you find the support you are looking for here. It's a great group of very knowledgeable people, as I'm sure you will see soon.

So, from what I understand you were in sub treatment and got unfairly kicked out because of a mixup with another doctor prescribing you the wrong med? Are you still taking subs or have you been kicked without a safety net? Have you had any luck finding a new doc yet? That is a very scary place to be, but with a little leg work hopefully you can find someone with an opening who is willing to work with you.

One thing I have learned about looking for a doctor is that sometimes GP's don't advertise that they do suboxone therapy. If you have a hard time finding one listed on the usual website's you might try just cold calling a few doc's. The pharmacy can be a good resource also. You could try calling a few pharmacy's and asking if they can give you a list of doctors that they have filled suboxone through. Some pharmacy's won't cooperate, but alot of times checking with some of the smaller pharmacy's, not the big chains, you will get ahold of someone who has a little human compassion and they will be more willing to help you. It seems to be a pattern that most patients with a certain doctor will get scripts filled at the same pharmacy, if you can find that one they can recommend a good doc that might have an opening.

Good luck! Let us know if we can help in any way!

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks so very much for the welcomes! To answer questions, yes I do believe I was unfairly kicked out, that's water under the bridge. No safety net. I hate to admit this but going back to old ways I HAD to as far as I was concerned find me some subs so I resorted to "finding" me some, this has been hit and miss for about 6 months but I feel its better than the alternative! It amazes me how easily someone other people find a doctor when they don't even want it, it's just a way of getting something to the other thing they want. But it's been my salvation. Yes Patrick I use to take pride in the fact that I didn't lie, but I had to admit that I did. I don't want to be known as a liar to my family so this is the only way for me. I have to get and keep my act together. I mean what kind of example am I setting for my kids. I want them to have a great life. It's very easy to get discouraged when you don't have any luck finding a doctor. I never thought about using pharmacies as a resource thanks for the tip! I did find a doctor listed on here, I know it was a Sunday but I called anyway and left a message. The office called me back today but I missed the call, so I called them back just waiting for them to call back. Keeping my fingers crossed. These days I keep to myself as much as possible to avoid any disasters, and yeah aint it funny how if your not looking or if you don't know about anything for someone else they do forget quickly. That's fine with me though.