It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello! I'm new here!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself and give a bit of history. I am an opiate addict and started in 2007 recreationally with vicodin and percocet that I got from the Dr I worked for. I have PCOS and have needed some opiates over the years but I got hooked when a guy I was seeing found out I could easily get my Dr/boss to write me Rx after Rx for various opiates and after initially not liking them, I got over the sickness and fell in love with the euphoria. After being fired for not doing my job well...since I was basically high all day...I began Dr and ER shopping to get us more and more pills. In 2008, due to a family intervention, I got clean and for about a year but began using again in 2009-2010 sporatically and when pills were hard to find, I switched to heroin. I was using in 2011 when I was fired from another job and almost went to prison because another Dr I was working for found out I was calling in opiates for myself with her DEA number and was arrested and at that point needed at least 180mgs-220mgs or 15-20 bags a day just to stay well. That was the "rock botton" in my addiction and I immediately began Suboxone. After not meshing well with a few Drs, I finally found the perfect one for me and he has been a miracle worker! I feel very confident that this is the end of my drug days but I can't predict the future so I'm here to get and give support and try everyday to stay clean. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my very long story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 am 

Welcome, Emily! I'm so glad that you were able to turn your life around with the help of sub! It can definitely be hard to find the "right" doctor, so it's great that you found one you can mesh with. This is a very supportive place and we can always use another person with support to give!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Emily,

Welcome to the forum!!

Just an FYI, your introduction was not long at all. We've had some that span pages and pages, yours was actually very short!! :D

I'm glad you found your way to Suboxone. Suboxone has helped so many of us clean up and get our lives back together. That's also great that you found yourself a really good Suboxone doctor, that's a huge plus!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Emilyrugburn,

I like your moniker!

Sorry to hear that the addiction took you to such low of lows before suboxone found you.
I started out much the same with pills. Not knowing their relation to heroin or what the whole thing was about.
I fell in love with the quality of sleep at first, then it got better and better until one day it got worse. =)

I never made it to heroin but had several days when money was low and if it had been available to me, I would have used it.. I'm thankful that didn't happen.

8 months into treatment and 1st month starting taper for me, I feel really good now days. Enthusiastic about it all. I have a good doc like yourself and the best advice I can give, whats worked for me has been building trust with the doc. You need people on your team. Get him on your team and the confidence to tackle your problem will come naturally.

Wherever your recovery takes you, this is a good site to put on your map. You will beat the drug problem!
Even if it means getting down and maintaining a small dose of subox!

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you everyone! I definitely feel good about adding this forum to my recovery bag of tricks! I finally feel like an adult now. I have an amazing new job in midtown, NYC that I love and am doing really well with. I have to build up my self esteem because when I do well in anything, I don't acknowlege it and am embarressed when people tell me I'm doing a great job. I moved away from all of the bad influences of my drug days and for the most part, have eliminated all of those bad people and places but I do occasionally have a phone call with my ex who introduced me to drugs. I know I shouldn't and I should block his number and all but I can't bring myself to do so yet. I hope with more confidence and self esteem, the total break will be easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to the forums!

I had to drop all of my contacts a little further down the road of my Suboxone experience. The temptation is always there when you know things are in reach.

Either way congratulations on your recovery. You've already made leaps and bounds into post h & pill life. That's a huge step in its self.

Relationships are hard to break sometimes period. Adding into addiction makes it that much harder. Be careful!

-WTBF