It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello, im new here :D
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hello everyone! im 20 years old, female, and from the chicagoland area and ive been battling opiate addiction for about 2 years now. ive recently decided to regain control of my life via suboxone.

heres my story

like many, i began by taking 5mg vicodin for pain, and became addicted. eventually moved onto stronger drugs such as norccos, percocet, oxycontin, and then eventually heroin (have never chose nor wanted to use needles, only sniffing and smoking) oxy was my drug of choice. i became obsessed with it to the point where i was using 80 and + mgs daily. very soon i began to experience the terrible feeling that we all call withdrawal. if i didnt have it i could barely get out of bed and would go physically and mentally insane. i would do it just to get through the day. (not getting high, just getting by) long story short i wanted to get off of it. (have been on and off sober then relapsing for about a month prior) i tried tapering off of it but i would still experience withdrawal. a friend gave me a suboxone and it worked really well but it was just one pill so it just wasnt enough. eventually began feeling sick and used. i wanted to get a prescription but didnt have the money or insurance to get it. 5 days ago i made the decision to tell my mother and she immediately helped. i went and saw a doctor, and was prescribed 8mgs a day of the sublingual film. i am so greatful to have such a supportive and understanding mother. i owe her the world. this if my fifth day on suboxone and i am doing very well. im regaining interest in all the things i used to like to do and actually happy to get up and go to work everyday. my mother helped me get my life back, but this is just the beginning and i am looking for and to give to others as much support and encouragement that i can get. this is extremely difficult for me because i have severe depression/anxiety which i am prescirbed medication for (zoloft, abilify, wellbutren, and 3mgs of xanax a day) and have been suffering with for almost all of my life. i hope to find people whom i can talk and relate to about this because i dont have many. im trying to be as positive as possible, but this is the most difficult time in my life. i never want to go back to using. i want control of my life. im taking this one day at a time. i am a very strong willed person and know i can do this. this is not only for me but for all the people ive hurt with my addiction. i know very soon i will be back to the old me, which i am already seeing happen just within these five days of treatment. i wish everyone the best of luck. we can do anything we set our minds to. lifes obstacles are gods way of showing us the power we have to strengthen and better ourselves. we will get through this. stay strong and positive everyone!

<3 the duck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

duxxx, WELCOME and congratulations on getting into treatment with Sub. Your post sounds very positive, and if you feel this well after only five days then I think you are well on your way! You will find a lot of great people and information here on the forum - so feel free to post your experiences or any questions you may have.
Again congratulations,
Lilly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[b] I am new to suboxone and this site! I feel so lucky to have found this site and so many wonderful people who are willing to share their stories. I have been addicted to Vicodin for over five years. I have taken Percocet but Vicodin 10mg was def my drug of choice. I just started Suboxone three days ago and my dos prescribed 8mg a day. I don't know if that is too high a dose because after I take it I feel very shaky. I also take 20mg of Lexapro and two .5 mg Xanax a day for anxiety. Is it normal to feel shaky after taking my dose. Should I separate the dose to twice a day. Should I try a lower dose. Thanks you for all of the stories and advice. Also has anyone noticed acne breakouts since starting Suboxone? I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have energy again and I feel HOPE which is something I have not felt in awhile!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Welcome!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

duxxx - I know your post is back in January but I wanted to say welcome! I haven't posted in a very long time, I have been very busy with work and Scouts with my son. I'm finding it very difficult to find the free time to get on the site. I know this site has helped me out tremendously too. I'm grateful too to have a place to come and talk recover without being judged for my type of recovery. Anyways, I wanted say welcome and glad Suboxone is working well for you. Suboxone works well when you want to end the fight!

DanaHurley05 - Welcome also. How many MG of hydrocodone or oxycodone were you taking a day? I was taking about 90MG of Oxycodone a day and 8MG of Suboxone was my start dose. I never had any shakes or anything like that. I know you have to becareful mixing Xanax with Sub that's for sure. I would advise your doctor of the shakes you are experiencing.

I also take 20mg of Lexapro. Lexapro works great for my anxiety, I don't even know what anxiety feels like anymore.

Anyways, welcome both. Hope you hear from you soon.

SuperBuper