It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone. I have read a lot of different forums with different topics but never have signed up to chat. But now is a better time than ever.. I am 33 years old and live on the east coast.. I have had a whirl wind of addiction. Started out with getting hydrocodone for my knee conditions patellafemoral pain syndrome and tendonitis in my left knee years ago.. I was getting at one point 400 Vicodin 10s a month.. I was on vicodin for 4 years and then I moved out of state and got cut off cold turkey.. then about a year later I found suboxone and was on that for awhile, quit that using tramadol or ultram and then started taking subutex. I have been on subutex for about 2 years I think lol have been going to the doctor since September 2016. Anyway I am here to help anyone that may need it or support anyone that may need it and for knowledge. I like to know things and this seems like the right place to get it. Hope everyone has a great day! And thank you for your time. I'm also hoping that this will help me with my path to recovery.. eventually i would like to be off of subutex but at the moment I am content.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:16 pm 

Hi Heidi!

I commented on your other post, but I also want to welcome you here.

You are wise to understand that you need to be working on your recovery while taking suboxone. My suggestion? Check out SMART Recovery. They have materials online including a workbook you could order for $10. SMART is based on cognitive behavioral concepts and should help you gain insight into your addictive behaviors and triggers.

Also consider going to an outpatient substance abuse group and/or an addiction therapist.

Thank you for coming here to join us!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm 

Welcome heidimarie!

Just wanted to welcome u and tell ya what a wonderful forum this is! It's a positive place for ppl taking, thinking about taking or tapering buprenorphine... and also ppl that's now off buprenorphine and still around supporting and helping others. It's a place we all feel positive support with no judgement :)

Check out Dr Junig's Talkzone, he's also the founder of this great place.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for taking the time and replying. I am very happy to be a part of this group. I know that it will help tremendously with my recovery. I am however new to whole forum thing but so glad that I came across it..I've actually read a lot on this forum for over the past year or so just decided to join today lol I was looking at the website also and have found a lot interesting topics. I love learning.. so thank you for being here.. I am going to try to help however I can

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:06 pm 

Hi Heidimarie, Welcome! My drug of choice became tramadol. I was taking 40 50mg tabs per day. In Aug. if 2014 they changed the classification and it became almost impossible to find it online unless you wanted to order from overseas which made me very nervous! So, thank God, I found an amazing sub Dr and all has been good ever since. I tapered down from 24mgs to 4mgs without much difficulty. I have been at 4mgs for awhile and will go to 3mgs eventually! I dose twice per day as it helps with depression associated with menopause and pain associated with osteoarthritis in both my knees. I wish you much luck on your journey! This is a wonderful and supportive forum and I hope you stick around!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Michelle! And thank you for replying. I can understand why tramadol was your drug of choice. I have to thank that drug for helping me get off of suboxone.. but shortly after after not being able to find vicodins or Percocet I went to subutex and have been on it for over 2 years I think. (Time flies by so fast.. I might be closer to 3..lol) my sub Dr is amazing as well and I'm glad I am able to go as I don't jab insurance.. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to go tho as of recent I have lost my income and it is just me and my fiance working.. I'm hoping to find more work before next month. I agree so much that subutex has helped me not only with drug addiction, but also for pain and depression. I feel like a normal functioning person since I have been on subutex. I am very grateful for this medication but eventually would like to start tapering off and unfortunately it might happen sooner than I would like. I went through vicodin withdrawal cold turkey and that was the hardest month I went through and I still had cravings and I relapsed a few times til I was introduced to suboxone was on that for a while until I wanted to get off it and used tramadol to do it and then a few months later I was dealing with a lot of pain.. and couldn't find any v icodins and percocets so I did a subutex.. since then I have been on them.. I have only been going to the Dr since September of last year, and in times that I couldn't find any subs or didn't have the money the withdrawals were terrible so I am definitely not looking forward to that part. I am really enjoying this forum and I like reading other people's experiences.