It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello, hello!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, just making a quick introduction. None of you know me, but I am familiar with some of you, at least in the context of this forum. I've been reading for that past 4 months as well as following Dr. Junig's Blog on and off and the videos of his. I love this site and many of you have helped me through your posts whether you know it or not and for that I must say thank you! I'm from Ohio. I've been on Suboxone and clean for almost 4 months, since July 27th, 2012, and I am happier than I have been in at least the past 7 years since I graduated. Im 25 and in college which is a lot easier to stay on top of when I'm not obsessing over heroin or pills and how to get money for it, or being dope sick. If you wish to talk or know anything else, it doesn't bother me in the least and I look forward to continuing to read your posts and make some of my own.

-Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am 

Charlie, it's good to have you here! Welcome! I'm glad you've been utilizing the forum and that you've been helped by some of the posts here. It's easy to feel isolated and alone now that we've lost our "best" friend, aka our drug of choice. I lurked on this site for four months before I ever posted anything also. I don't know about you, but I felt like I needed some time to figure myself out on suboxone before I had anything to contribute.

I can't imagine trying to navigate college while trying to maintain an addiction to opiates. I took one online class that overlapped when I started using 24/7, but that was when I wasn't doing anything else that required attention or focus. And that was hard enough!

Congratulations on your recovery! I hope it keeps going well!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi there Charlie! Welcome to the forum!! I was a lurker too...I think that most of us were.....LOL
I have no idea how the heck you went to school AT ALL while using. I had a hard enough time
just keeping myself and my son ALIVE, much less learn something on top of it.

Congratualtions on your sobriety, and we are here if you need anything. I really am glad that you
found us. Alot of people don't know about this site. Anyone I come across that is on sub, I try to
remember to tell them about this site. It has helped me SOOO much. The support that most of the
members here have to offer, is invaluable. The amount of information available here is amazing, and
I've made quite a few good friends here.

Anyway, good luck to you, and again~Welcome aboard!! Take Care! [/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Amy. Goingstrong! Managing school through that was utterly exhausting. Idk how I managed to do so well in it but it's much easier now. I'm easing into it though to be safe. I started out with just two classes for this semester. I'm so grateful to be hear and still breathing and able to do these things. Able to read this forum, or take a walk outside, or anything really. I am looking forward to communicating with you two and many more through this site! Thanks!

- Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]All I have to say, is that if you did THAT well, while using....you should have no problem getting great grades
while clean! LOL!
I think that it is smart to ease into it though, and see how it goes. If it seems like it was easier than you thought it
was gonna be, then add a class or two. You know your limits.

Anyway, glad to hear that you are doing well and I hope that you and your family have a very
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!![/font]