It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone, I found this site a few weeks back and have since spent many hours reading and sifting through posts of interest. Im so pleased to have found this forum.
I have been on suboxone for over 2 yrs and like many, this decision has turned my life around.
My decade long heroin addiction carried me into a life of futility and desperation. The only self worth i came to know was taking money from seedy grubby men who saw something that was worth paying for.
I was on methadone for 2 years of which saw me using more than i ever had before. I took myself off 40mg of methadone and prepared myself for what i thought would be a few weeks of hell in withdrawal. First mistake.
Being alone and housebound also forced me to give up an even longer history with benzo's and pot.
It was the most painful,agonsing experience of my life.
On day 72 of my withdrawal i finally managed to leave the house and see my prescriber. As i sat in the drivers seat I realised id forgotten how to start a car! Idiot!
So after day 72 i readily accepted a script for oxycontin and tramadol of which id never had either before.
Another awesome decision! Anyway ill skip to the end....
I had no idea the withdrawal was so long and painful, but in my case,the duration was drawn out by underlying musculo- skeletal issues that had been masked by opiates of which only exascerbated the pain of WD.

Thankfully, that life feels so far behind me and now possibility sorrounds me.
I am stable with a roof over me head and paycheck coming in. I havent used any illicit or prescription drugs since being stabilised on sub. I am so happy and i never dreamed i could feel this wonderful.
My apologies for the long indulgence and series of spelling errors.It wouldnt matter if this goes unread as this has been most therapeutic!
I wish the absolute best for all of you!
Care and good wishes, xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, hello back at ya Kat!

It sounds like you have been down a tough road. But I think you are right, being able to come here and talk about it with NO judgment is a great thing. We all have different stories, pasts, and problems...but all of us here have one unifying thing in common, and that makes for a great place for support. It's so great to hear another story of someone who has been through hell and was helped so tremendously by suboxone. These introductions are sometimes very humbling, knowing that but for the grace of God, we could all have it much worse.

I hope you find the support you are looking for here, and I look forward to getting a few pearls of wisdom from you as well.

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Katipo,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Qhorse said everything so wonderfully, I really don't have much to add. I just wanted to throw my welcome out there to you, too!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 pm 

Hello, Kat! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've decided to introduce yourself and stick around (I hope)!

Your story is one of hope and redemption. Sometimes we get folks on this forum who forget where exactly they'd be if it weren't for suboxone. Stories like yours remind us not to take our recovery for granted.

Thanks for being here!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to say thanks because I needed to be reminded of how lucky I am to have found the suboxone program and this forum. It helps to relate to people and say what's on my mind. Even if nobody replies getting it out in the open helps tremendously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thankyou so much for your warm welcomes and kind words.
I look forward to getting to know you all a little better....
xx