It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HELLO HELLLLLO!
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey ladies and gentlemen! Boys and Girls! My name is Canada- or thats what my friends call me. I am originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba but live in the heart of Texas! Anyways! I have been on suboxone treatment since March 10' and I can say that it has sincerely changed my life, I don't know why I didn't start treatment earlier. I guess I just wasn't ready to make the switch over from massive amounts of oxycontin and ms contin everyday, it just straight up made me feel AWESOME and like this :mrgreen: I hope by joining this forum I can contribute my knowledge of suboxone and even learn a few things while helping others. I'd like to thank my friend for showing me this forum- Thanks giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl!

Have a happy, opiate free day!
-Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there Canada, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad to hear that Suboxone has made a positive change in your life. I know it was a force for positive change for me as well.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Canada, hows it been going? hope you are still feeling positive. let us know what's been hppening?

Babydoll (London UK) xxx

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Canada-

Glad to hear of your success with M.A.R. (Medication Assisted Recovery). It would be great to learn more about the positives you have experienced. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

Post subject: counseling?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Canada! Welcome to the forum (I'm pretty new here myself). I live in New York, but my brother is stationed at GoodFellow Air Force Base, in Texas (he's part of an elite program where the soldiers learn a foreign language and train to interpret, decode, etc. in the field - I can't resist bragging about him from time to time 8) ). Just out of curiousity, are you engaged in any type of counseling, or taking the sub alone? I myself am not currently in therapy, but I'm reconsidering this. Again, welcome to the forum!

Post subject: Re: counseling?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

breg44 wrote:
Hey Canada! Welcome to the forum (I'm pretty new here myself). I live in New York, but my brother is stationed at GoodFellow Air Force Base, in Texas (he's part of an elite program where the soldiers learn a foreign language and train to interpret, decode, etc. in the field - I can't resist bragging about him from time to time 8) ). Just out of curiousity, are you engaged in any type of counseling, or taking the sub alone? I myself am not currently in therapy, but I'm reconsidering this. Again, welcome to the forum!

I know exactly which program you are speaking of too! When I was in AFJROTC in High School we had a former student come in and speak to us about her job in the Air Force, pretty interesting, and you have to be pretty smart to get into that field. I could hardly pass my German class, so hats off to those who can easily learn foreign languages. Glad to see you are very supportive of your brother!

I am not doing any type of counseling right now. When I first started the program I really was adamant about wanting to go to NA but I never did. It is still a step in my recovery process that I need to take. Suboxone has been such a powerful tool in these last few months for me, I don't know if I really need to go to counseling or not. My doctor doesn't require me to go, but when I was on probation a couple years ago, I had to attend NA. Some doctors require you to go, so when you start taking suboxone, check with your doctor.

As for all of the other replies! Thank you so much, I am glad to be here! I will be posting some positive, happy, and motivational short tid bits here shortly. Since starting treatment, I began to write in a journal every night about my road to recovery. Just a few thoughts here and there.

-Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome Canada!

It's so awesome to hear your thoughtful positive message! I'm glad that your experience with suboxone has been a good one. I've only been here for about four months myself but I have found the forum tremendously informative and a great place to get and give support. My decision to try bupe maintenance was pretty well thought out as far as the pros and cons, and so far I am very happy with my medical provider's bupe program, the effectiveness of the medication in controlling my cravings, and the positive changes I have been able to make in my life in the four short months I have been on maintenance. (I am no newbie to opiate addiction, detox, recovery and relapse. I've been doing this dance for 20+ years.) I have continued to attend my 12 step groups regularly (NA and AA) since beginning bupe maintenance and although the experience is a little different now that I am on sub, I still find the process and fellowship to be tremendously enriching to my recovery and my life as a whole. Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my story, just wanted to say hello and welcome from another addict who is happy and grateful to have suboxone as a tool for my recovery!

~Anna