It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi All,
This is my 5th night on sub and starting to work the kinks out - was on too high a dose - I have ironically always been functional and the medication made me dysfunctional for a few days. BUT I'm going to get there with the help of my doc and psych. (and with a little help from my friends)
I read that I should write a few things on here that I am proud of. Well, I am proud that I have a job I love. I am really proud that I took this step after a few contemplative months and that I'm on sub. I am happy that I have a few true friends that I adore and a husband and a cat whose hugs when I get home from work make my day.
I can do this!!!!! And I feel this is a really supportive sight where I will be able to gain insight and information to improve myself. When I'm on this site I feel like superman/commando - hence SUPERMANDO!
Hi everyone!
Supermando :P
(I also have the best sense of humour ever - but that's just me)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:33 pm 

Good for you, Supermando! You should be proud of yourself! You've made a monumental change in your life for the better!

I also have the best sense of humor in the world! I just wonder why I'm the only one laughing when I joke around! (I wish we had a tongue-in-cheek emoticon!)

We're glad you're here. Keep up the good work!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:35 pm 

Hey SUPER, HOW DID YOU DO WITHTHE INDUCTION ?...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Hey Razor!

Induction as in the first few weeks - or induction that I hear you guys in the US talk about doing at the doctors office on the first day?

Well, we don't do that sitting in the doctor's office thing in Australia - not that I know of anyway, they may do it in different states?
I had so many people telling me not to go on suboxone, that I would never get that high from oxy's again, that I would be taken straight off my valium and black listed for valium - most of this was coming from the "friend" who sold me the oxy's. Another thing that put me off was the stigma of being put in a box with all the other addicts (but lets face it - I am an addict and the sooner I realise that the better) and having to go pick up my sub at the chemist every day. And being inconvenienced by going to a chemist everyday.

In Australia, its kinda weird, were told to not have any opiates in our system, so I got off my oxy's a few days before but had to have codeine - and when I say HAD to have - I mean that I was too weak to not have any opiates in my system and was DYING! So I had a tiny bit of opiate in my system just before I went to the chemist to get my starting dose of 4mg, went up to 8 mg the next few days, then 10 mg, but found that was too strong so went back down to 8 mg after 2 days. And have stayed on 8 mg til now.

I have to say that the first few - well the first week was weird! ups and downs - and the ups were very up! Now I feel I have stabilised and you know what; feeling ok is pretty damn good! I don't mind going to the chemist everyday - coz otherwise I would be chasing around running after dealers all day. The pharmacists are lovely and now I don't know why there is a stigma around being on sub or done or anything because we are all trying as hard as we can they way we know how to, by doing what the doctors suggest and trying these medications. I wasn't taken straight off my valiums (in fact I felt like I didn't need them as much so I dropped to half of what I was taking and started getting withdrawal which is what complicated the first week slightly) and my doctor actually suggested I take it easier on myself and not cut them out completely yet as I was taking lots - now im only taking about 1 5mg tablet - to 1 and a half 5 mg tablet a day - and I thought that would literally NEVER happen in my life! I don't even crave oxy's, my body is working properly, ive been loving being outside in the sun, I feel like I am enjoying work more and I am less anxious (which is one of the reasons I used drugs in the first place).

Soooooooooooooo...... razor......... I'd call the first few weeks induction because you're still really finding your feet on suboxone during those weeks and seeing how it reacts with you, your life (and how much more manageable it is going to be now!) and any other medications that your on - and lots of other things too, but yeah - induction was interesting but now I am SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!