It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone,

My name is Emma Whitford and I'm a reporter based in New York City. I spoke with Dr. Junig this week, and he suggested I post here.

I'm currently working on a story about Bupe and telemedicine for a news outlet launching this month called the Opioid Institute. The story will dive into the federal government's increasing interest in expanding access to telemedicine, particularly in rural parts of the country. One idea is to make it easier for patients to receive bupe and psycotherapy over a video conference, especially if they live far away from any hospitals or registered doctors.

As part of my reporting, I'd love to speak with a few people who have video conferenced with a doctor as part of their bupe treatment. Was it worthwhile? Convenient? Awkward? I'm definitely open to speaking to people anonymously as I know this can be a sensitive subject. The best way to reach me is by cell: 781-775-7276. My email is eawhitford@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

Sincerely,
Emma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:43 pm 

Hey everyone,

I just spoke with Emma on the phone and I encourage you to get in touch with her if you have opinions on telemedicine, like video appointments. For example, you folks in TN who are having such a hard time finding a good provider, what would it mean to be able to have video appointments with a suboxone doctor?

Also, if there is anyone who is having telemedicine appointments with their suboxone doctors who accept medicare/medicaid, Emma really wants your feedback.

Emma is friendly and easy to talk to. Feel free to email her though if that's easiest. I think that her article will advocate for us and people like us who still need treatment.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm 

I will email her! Even though I have zero experience with telemedicine, it would be a huge blessing for someone like myself. I've always thought about it. So I'll shoot her an email just explaining what it would mean to someone like myself if that type of treatment option were available. Sounds good!