It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello From Atlanta
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am 34 years old a single mom of 2 children
I joined this forum because I don't really have anyone to talk to about my addiction.

I have DDD and a Fibromyalgia
I was given Tramadol for it at age 26....I did not abuse my Meds then,
I had a major surgery and had Colitis and was given percs and dilauded, I did not abuse that either but noticed I liked that too much so I quit taking that stuff and went back to tramadol when I found out I was pregnant with my son, I quit and had my daughter right after my son...I weaned with NO PROBLEM!

I was in a domestic violence incident December 2011, caused me to have a major head injury, was in the hospital and that started me on my road to Addiction, it was easy to get percs, I started going to pain managment and he gave me percs and I had a few friends on pain meds and they gave them to me...I went on like a 6 week binge and ran out of options and experienced full force withdrawl, so I decided I was going to keep abusing and using whatever I could get my hands on to not have to feel that withdrawl again.

December 2012, I found a dr in New Jersey, I lived in DE at that time that helped me get on Suboxone...I started at 16mg a day----I am currently down to 8mg a day Some days are harder than normal, I feel like a slave because I am always worried about a few things, My dr cancelling my APPT- My Pharmacy not having my med and that happens often down here and my newest trial is that my insurance is no longer going to cover the BRAND, so I will have to use generic and I have no clue how to find that....It is always something with this med...I have been clean from abusing anything and not falling off the wagon 9 months, mostly I dont ever want to get kicked out a program....Its so hard to get in to most of them and costly.

My kids are my motivation to not run around finding Pills and I hear people say they never tried heroin, well I haven't but I don't feel I am any better than any other addict.

I am just happy to be here.

Post subject: Re: Hello From Atlanta
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome to the forum Monikah!

I'm new here as well. Just this last week. People have been very kind and welcoming thus far. This site has both a wealth of information and those willing to offer up advice and support.

I'm only a month into my sub experience but beginning to hit some barriers. My doctor has me doing mandatory intensive outpatient 3x a week for 3 hours. Sessions that cost $60 and are for a minimum of 16 weeks. So $180 a week on top of my meds and my desperate need to get dental work done. I'm hoping it doesn't become such a large stipulation that without it I'm off the program.

All I can say is my sobriety is worth the little hiccups along the way. I hope and pray you can find the inner strength to stay sober and battle through the b.s. both you and your kids are worth it! I have a 6 year old girl I'm away from at the moment and a little one coming this August. More than anything I don't want to waste anymore time or squander anymore opportunities.

I hope this get better for you and less stressful monikah!

And again welcome!!

-Laz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It always feels like an obstacle, Its like I dont want to screw up.....

Somedays I do feel like giving up but I wont because I am a mother.

I came into this world Drug Addicted--fought addictions to food, alcohol, everything!

Suboxone saved my life.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the Forum Monikah

Suboxone saved my life as far as i am concerned. I am quite a bit older than you & also have fibro, RA & DDD along with some other crap that comes with age :( BUT i can identify with you because i used pain meds properly (i threw out more than i took) when i first herniated disks at 24. Through out the years i would have a flare up with my back & again, used meds properly. Anyway, it was emotional pain along with the physical pain that got me addicted. I also never used heroin but was taking enough oxycodone & oxycontine to kill a horse. I look back & wonder how i didn't OD. I am glad I made the switch to suboxone as a recovery tool. I went on sub 9 months ago.

Most of the other concerns you have i also have. My insurance refused to pay for films in January & I got generic pills. My doctor was as mad as me & he somehow got the insurance to cover films again. They did raise my co-pay but i am back on films. There is only 1 pharmacy that carries suboxone in a 15 mile radius so that is where i go. My doctor has changed my appointment but he schedules every 28 days & gives me a 30 day supply so i have been ok so far.

I read alot here that people have saved sub. I guess they take less than scripted so there is extra at the end of the month which is a good way to feel safer if the doc changes your appointment.

Is there a way for you to call local pharmacy's to see if they carry sub or ask your pharmacy to have suboxone in stock every 28 days so you don't have to worry? Sometimes there are options we don't realize & that's why i like this forum.

Hang in there and ask questions...people here are very caring.