It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello Friends
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So i was just looking around on here and i see some familiar names...

I came of Suboxone cold turkey from 8 mgs July 7,2015. Now in retrospect i see how things went slowly but surely downhill from there. I started drinking heavily to help with the withdrawal. When i was on sub i hardly ever drank, coming off of it i was drinking a pint of tequila daily. Bad.

The drinking didnt mix well with my prescribed meds for sleep and anxiety. I took some Ambien and tequila and i ended up leaving my home and driving and getting a dui. I dont remember leaving at all! So that hurt financially and im still paying for it besides the loss of license and classes i need to attend to reinstate.

Besides drinking i started smoking pot too but in my head that was ok. Its not opiates so i thought it wasnt that bad. Same thing with the cocaine. As long as it was not an opiate i thought id be ok. Lol.

So the people i was hanging around started getting involved in selling d. They kept telling me they could get the good s$!#. I was like nah i dont mess around with that stuff anymore. And i refused it quite a few times.

Then one day i had a particularly bad day. So i called my dude. That was last October. And thats all it took. Used a couple days in a row and it turned into every day. So i signed myself into detox and have been put on maintenance. Ive been on 8 mgs subutex for the last week.

Looking back i was doing my best when i was on sub. I didnt drink or smoke or misuse my prescriptions. I had money. I had a relationship with my family. Looking back now i see how things took a turn once i stopped taking it. So knowing this i am almost happy to be back on it. I mean i have mixed feelings. But ive lost so much in the past few months. I have so much on my plate to deal with besides an active opiate addiction. I am grateful to be able to be able to be back on maintenance therapy.

Now i have lots of work to do concerning picking up the pieces and getting my heart and mind right.

Post subject: Re: Hello Friends
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good luck, you can do it. Do whatever you need to to get back in recovery. It is okay if you stay on medication long term. It was our drug of choice that got us into trouble not buprenorphine. I started suboxone December 26, 2005 at 16 mg a day and decreased to 12 mg 15 months later. I have had many dose decreases since then but still take 2 mg a day. I know that life would be a little tougher for me without medication and there is a chance of relapse. I don't care to take the chance.
You were in recovery once, you can do it again. Lots of support on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm 

Hey qom! Good to see u bk here again. I saw ur name and I definitely was glad to see u posting...... not glad about ur circumstances but glad ur here.

I'm just happy ur bk on maintenance, it's safe. I never had a dui but I had my license suspended for awhile and it sucks. Mine was suspended for not going to court lol in Tennessee if u fail to appear in court they suspend ur DL. But it's very fixable, it could have been much worse. So look at the positive if ya can, I know it's hard. U had the good sense to get bk on buprenorphine and now is what matters.

How's ur family taking all this? Didn't u have a daughter that was a bit unruly there for awhile? Hopefully everything is ok with ur family now. I'm just happy that relapse didn't take ur life, ur back in recovery and that's all that matters :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Jen,

Yeah ur right about trying too look on the bright side. I had a reminder today how there is always someone out there going through it much worse than myself. As for my daughters, yes they are still unruly. Both of them. Im hoping i can make much more of a difference for them now im back on the road to recovery. As for my family, the only person i really had was my mom. She was a supporter if me getting off subs a couple years back because she looked at it like i was on drugs. She drinks a lot herself and she looked at it like it was ok because its legal. Her and i have had a falling out over finances and are not on speaking terms right now. Im sure she would be disappointed to know im back on maintenance but i know her views on it are misinformed. I have a lot of work to do before i think of trying to work on a relationship with her. Because i was drinking and fighting with my daughter my mother ended up causing me to lose my job last May. Its a long story but she and i worked at the same place. I lived in a home she owned and i was responsible for paying the bills. I got behind a bit and she helped. Then i ended up in an accident where i got rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me. I had no insurance because i could not afford it, so i am without any transportation. And even though i found a new job taking 4 buses a day, i ended up falling behind on my bills and she has kicked me out. And this was even before i started using heavily again! So im staying with a friend taking a day at a time. Like i said one major reason i got back on maintenance is i have so much else going on i cant deal with an active addiction to boot.